**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Re: these being lateral moves

I mean if you look at the negative side of all these deals then sure. But you have to be optimistic when you sign these deals. Will Vincent shoot like crap with us? Sure

If we signed brown, could he turn into a 31 percent three point shooter also? Sure.

It’s a crapshoot. You do what you can and see how it all goes.

Re: these being lateral moves

I mean if you look at the negative side of all these deals then sure. But you have to be optimistic when you sign these deals. Will Vincent shoot like crap with us? Sure

If we signed brown, could he turn into a 31 percent three point shooter also? Sure.

It’s a crapshoot. You do what you can and see how it all goes.
Lateral move =/= negative

Reactions: DLF
I would hope they just shoot to 15 roster spots.

There’s no need to hold on to a roster spot.

And sign Biyombo and TT

My man Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 gets it…

The Lakers made just about every team look small except when they faced the Nuggets…who made LA look small AND slow.

So this offseason the Lakers kept the core, plus added more size and athleticism around the margins. There is no minimum contract FA big out there that wouldn’t be toast against Joker. Best you can do is address the other positions and see how it plays out next season if you get that matchup.

If Lakers signed Biyombo and TT, it would likely be the end of AD'S days playing at the 5 full time.

Screenshot_20230702_130606_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_130613_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230702_130624_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230702_130645_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230702_130715_Chrome.jpg

In theory lakers can still do sign and trade with Lonnie or Beasley for a center making 5-6 mill. But that would be dangerously close to hardcap for future trade

The Lakers have how many guys who can play 3/4 now?

Vando/Rui/Lebron/Prince/maybe even Reddish

If that hasn’t signaled the end of the power forward AD thing I don’t know what else to tell you

So who are the list of FA centers left??

I’m thinking we throw a min offer to Plumlee??

I guess it’s between plumlee or bamba. But bamba is too frail imo & still a project himself
Plumlee would be a good fit but he can get more pay elsewhere and will likely stay with the Clippers imo. TT will provide the best value for the price since Lakers have limited money to work with

I can see some other team offering Bamba $4-5 mil which I don't believe the Lakers have

My man Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 gets it…

The Lakers made just about every team look small except when they faced the Nuggets…who made LA look small AND slow.

So this offseason the Lakers kept the core, plus added more size and athleticism around the margins. There is no minimum contract FA big out there that wouldn’t be toast against Joker. Best you can do is address the other positions and see how it plays out next season if you get that matchup.
It's Murray who killed them. Had his best series of the playoffs. Jokic had his worst if you factor that he was hurt in the 1st round

Reactions: MVP
It's Murray who killed them. Had his best series of the playoffs. Jokic had his worst if you factor that he was hurt in the 1st round

Yup Murray went full Steph Curry that series. Bron and AD couldn't match him on either given night (one of them was up or down offensively each game) plus they were on fire from 3. I don't think we addressed the concerns much though in dealing with that team; maybe Bruce Brown leaving will hurt them a lot, but even so still got Phoenix to deal with now. Do we have enough scoring punch, idk.

The Lakers have how many guys who can play 3/4 now?

Vando/Rui/Lebron/Prince/maybe even Reddish

If that hasn’t signaled the end of the power forward AD thing I don’t know what else to tell you
All these signings of big wing players tell me that Lakers trying to go bigger, faster, younger, and more athletic on the perimeter imo. Bron and AD would alternate at the 4 depending on matchup, Lakers would be a lot more versatile to play against any opponent.

Big 2's and 3's, AD at the 4 (which is a mismatch vs most if not all 31 opponents) playing next to an athletic 5 who can crash the offensive boards when AD is operating on the wing offensively.

Versus small ball teams with no legit center, AD would be a 5, with Bron at the 4, and your choice of Rui, Prince, Reddish at SF.

Against DEN, Lakers would now have Hayes and TT plqying the Javale-Dwight role to make things difficult for Jokic, AD is now a mismatch over MPJ and Bron still has enough at this age to outplay AG. Plus with our variety of guards to throw at Murray and KCP/Braun, I'd say it's advantage Lakers rn on paper.

I'm still of the belief that AD thrives even more when he's playing PF instead of center.

True. His shot making was incredible, not much you can about some of the stuff he was putting up.

But, the Lakers also go crushed on the glass and that’s an area they can improve in. Also, Bruce Brown took advantage of their lack of physicality which the Lakers have addressed.

Back
Top Bottom