**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Not worth wasting much energy arguing about min players 😂 but I’ll all say is TBJ stinks and I’d rather have Reddish over him.

BUT neither guy is moving the needle much so it doesn’t really matter… if a min guy outplays their value it’s great for the team, and if they stink well they won’t play much anyway and will be replaced next season.

Cam Reddish stinks and hasn't been good since his senior year of HS. He's getting by on reputation and his physical gifts.

I suppose there's a world where Jaxson Hayes is serviceable though.
I'd say Hayes probably has less potential than Reddish. He's not McGee on defense. Closer to Thomas Bryant on that end

Hayes is probably an upgrade from Damian Jones.

Seriously though… What does the team need him to do besides run, jump and dunk for 10-15 minutes a game?

It’s an immediate upgrade to me regardless because it eliminates the Lebron/Rui at the 5 minutes

I was actually gonna say he's another Damian Jones but not an upgrade :lol:. I mean all they wanted him to do was run and jump too and we see how that went

It’s an immediate upgrade to me regardless because it eliminates the Lebron/Rui at the 5 minutes
This is basically what I'm getting at. You're still gonna be seeing a lot of Bron and Rui because Jaxson can't protect the paint any better than they can

This is basically what I'm getting at. You're still gonna be seeing a lot of Bron and Rui because Jaxson can't protect the paint any better than they can
If we’re talking right now I think he’s just a regular season player… but even in a playoff setting you’re probably only need spot minutes here and there to rest AD so he probably can do that too.

Agree we need girth

The Jokic, embiids, Zubac, sengun, poelts etc of the league will hurt us

But if we stay healthy we’ll be good. Huge IF as always

You were high on Bryant just like you are on Hayes now. Team probably doesn't even make the playoffs if Bryant isn't there to step up when AD got hurt early in the season. Hayes is trash but you'll figure that out eventually
Show me evidence I was "high on Bryant." Bet you won't find any. I said from the start Jones and TB weren't gonna cut it as soon as I saw them play a few games with this squad.

Were TB's couple of 20 point games impressive? Sure, considering the context at the time. But ask yourself 10x, why the hell did Rob trade him to get Bamba instead? Hint: How many blks and threes did Mo average per game at the time of the trade and how many did TB average?

Bryant stepping up for 5 regular season games doesn't change the fact he BBQ chicken on defense lol

I'll bet you $200 rn that Hayes lasts longer on the squad in 2023-24 than T.Bryant did on the Lakers in 2022-23.

You will see soon enough Jax will bring some of the things Javale brought as a center on this team, namely the energy on rim runs, as well as the ability to alter shots and give the team some presence inside the paint defensively.

Last edited:
RHYMES WITH NISSAN.

Also, I dont see Cam and Hayes making it to the playoffs. This is Damion Jones all over again. Hayes weighs less than Rui and has been physically builled. The receipe is so easy and worked. Lakers just need two BIG(pause) centers. Hell even Ibaka would be better served at this point. We can beat everyone else. Jokic dominated because we lacked a actual Center.
Be patient. Roster spot #14 will be your big, beefy center.

But it wont rhyme with Nissan.

It rhymes with pee pee.

We need Taiwan’s finest

1688325073959.jpeg

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, but we can take Cam for example here… you said he hasn’t shown any flashes?
IMG_1191.jpeg

Averaged double figures on a Hawks team that had a bunch of young wings…went to NYC where Thibs hates young guys and then to Port where he went back to double figures.

Flashes…
IMG_1192.jpeg

Here’s Lonnie for comparison
IMG_1193.jpeg

Anyhow I’m not some Reddish closet fanatic but I think he has a decent profile…size, length, athleticism…things that you want for a player at his position. The other stuff like IQ, shooting and handles are things that can be improved with time. I already think he’s a more talented player than TBJ…but both might end up being career journeyman at this rate which is totally fine.
Agree 100%

Sometimes a change of scenery, change of teammates, and a change of coaching staff can do wonders for a player's ability to impact a team.

Fans obviously have forgotten when the Lakers signed Trevor Ariza from Orlando in '07 he was a scrub for the Knicks and Magic after coming to the league 3-4 years earlier. Back then I loved the Ariza signing because Phil Jackson knew he needed more athletic wings with length and could play D and hit an occasional three.

My buddies questioned Ariza at that time.

But EYE saw the talent level and skill set and knew immediately that TA would help Kobe win.

The rest is history.

EYE test for me all day

Here ya go brother.

Watch his footwork defending guards attacking the rim.

You can even watch him D up 2020 Javale right here LOL

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

Nice try with that weak quote.

$200. I say Hayes lasts longer on the team in '23-24 than TBryant did on the squad in '22-23.

You say Hayes gets cut or traded by the Feb trade deadline cause he stinks and can't play D or is so far out of the rotation that he getting Denver version Thomas Bryant in the '23 playoffs type playing time.

Bet?

How many playable guards do the Lakers have on the roster already? (AR, DLo, Gabe, hopefully Max)

How many of us want to see a 6’4 old slow guard playing SF?

Good luck in Phx EG 😂

So who are the list of FA centers left??

I’m thinking we throw a min offer to Plumlee??

I guess it’s between plumlee or bamba. But bamba is too frail imo & still a project himself

So who are the list of FA centers left??

I’m thinking we throw a min offer to Plumlee??

I guess it’s between plumlee or bamba. But bamba is too frail imo & still a project himself

Biyombo
Bamba
Plumlee
Robin Lopez
Hernangomez
TT
Leonard
Zeller
Djieng

Back
Top Bottom