**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I agree with you that our ideal starting lineup is AD at the 5 with LeBron playing the 4 for all of the reasons you stated. I like having someone else play the majority of the center minutes throughout the regular season to save ADs body.

I liked the way we did things in 19-20 with McGee starting at the 5 and playing a lot of minutes at center and only moving AD to the five in crunch time.
Some folks like grittyman grittyman just don't get it. Still trying to reinvent the wheel and do things like create starting lineups that haven't gotten the Lakers a championship. Like AD at the 5 and Bron at the 4 :rofl:

Don't be disillusioned by the Lakers WCF appearance with AD at the 5.

People forget...

1. The Lakers beat a MEM team in the first round that was missing Big Steven Adams and Brandon Clarke allowing AD to do anything he wanted in the paint with little resistance.

2. In Round 2, AD faced the Golden State Smurfs.

3. Then in round 3, AD got swept by the bigger Nuggets

Lakers were fortunate not to play a bigger team in the first 2 rounds. Had LA played DEN in round 1, fans would be talking about a Lakers team that got eliminated in round 1.

Last edited:
We can bet anything you want on that
Lol

Didn't you say Thomas Bryant would be better for the Lakers than Jaxson Hayes?

Put your money where your mouth is.

Bet #1 - $100 says Hayes lasts longer on the team in '23-24 than TBryant did on the squad in '22-23.

THEN I'll make Bet #2 of another $100 that says Hayes is starting next to AD after the trade deadline.

Can't have it your way just as you see fit. Back your xxxx up bro

$200 total. Gotta make both bets if you wanna play that game and claim your boy Thomas benchwarmer Bryant is better for LA than Jaxson McGee.

Last edited:
Bryant was traded because he asked for a trade after putting up 10 and 6. Hayes will not average those numbers. That's the bet. And he will never start next to AD unless there's some injuries. I never said he won't be on the roster. He has a 2 year deal and is the only other big on the team. That's stupid af

Lookin like a lot of teams in the West got WORSE this offseason

Things look good for us IF we are healthy

Sure but I don't think necessarily that we got better though unless AR and maybe Christie take another step. Phoenix got better in the West, but more concerning is the top 3 in the east (Boston, Milwaukee and soon to be Miami either are maintaining or have gotten better which is still a big problem.

Some folks like grittyman grittyman just don't get it. Still trying to reinvent the wheel and do things like create starting lineups that haven't gotten the Lakers a championship. Like AD at the 5 and Bron at the 4 :rofl:

Don't be disillusioned by the Lakers WCF appearance with AD at the 5.

People forget...

1. The Lakers beat a MEM team in the first round that was missing Big Steven Adams and Brandon Clarke allowing AD to do anything he wanted in the paint with little resistance.

2. In Round 2, AD faced the Golden State Smurfs.

3. Then in round 3, AD got swept by the bigger Nuggets

Lakers were fortunate not to play a bigger team in the first 2 rounds. Had LA played DEN in round 1, fans would be talking about a Lakers team that got eliminated in round 1.
To be fair, lakers got big everywhere else. Average height of team is bigger than last year.

I agree we need another tough big that actually needs to play. Ad needs to go back to 60% usage at the 5 in regular season, not 99%

Hayes is just a low IQ player and he can't defend the paint or rebound. His best position is at the 4 which he'll never play because of Bron/Rui/Vando/Prince. I wish it would work but it would be a miracle if he all of a sudden figures it out. And then he has character issues and is on probation right now. I'd expect Castleton to be ahead of him in the rotation sooner than later because he actually knows how to play basketball
Lol, so Hayes doesn't protect the rim eh?

The film don't L(eye) but the stats do.

These defensive highlights were all in the same game. Can you find film of Thomas Bryant having multiple defensive highlights in one game? Lol

You can even watch him D up 2020 Javale right here LOL

To be fair, lakers got big everywhere else. Average height of team is bigger than last year.

I agree we need another tough big that actually needs to play. Ad needs to go back to 60% usage at the 5 in regular season, not 99%
So will all the rest of the contenders.

1. Adams and Clarke will be back next year to help JJ in the playoffs

2. Best believe PHX will add more size next to KD, Booker, Beal. Same with Miami after thry get Dame.

3. DEN will still have Jokic, AG, and MPJ

4. BOS got bigger

5. Lakers can't beat Zubac and Plumlee and the Clippers so midas whale try and pry Plumlee away from them lol

6. DAL has clearly added more bigs and more size on their roster

7. MIL clearly sees thr value in BROOK LOPEZ that's why they gave him top dollar so that Giannis doesn't have to play center. SMART PLAY by the Bucks, who should once again contend in the East.

So on and so forth.

Therefore....

Its an ansolute must the Lakers add size in all positions,especially at center,if thry hope to ever win another chamoionship.

Bryant was traded because he asked for a trade after putting up 10 and 6. Hayes will not average those numbers. That's the bet. And he will never start next to AD unless there's some injuries. I never said he won't be on the roster. He has a 2 year deal and is the only other big on the team. That's stupid af
So now the bet is about who has better stats instead of who is a better fit on the Lakers :rofl:

Who's better? 2020 Javale or 2020 Dwight with their 7 and 6 stats or 2022 Thomas Bryant with his 10 and 6?

I bet you $200 that 2020 Dwight and his 5 and 5 is better than TB and his 10 and 6

See how your stat argument is idiotic?

Last edited:
Y'all still arguing/entertaining Brosizzle and his nonsense? That ignore feature is right there, my reading in this thread outside of DLF goofiness has improved 10-fold. Y'all should try it.
Lmao.

Lol at how some of you can't handle it and letting your feelings get in disarray cause of my comments and opinions that you gotta hit an ignore button. That's funny af to me :lol:

if the Lakers are doing well around the deadline & there’s no major injuries to Bron/AD I 100% think that pick is gonna get flipped for another big

But they did. Lol
Which is why they're better this year than last. And is why they did what they did by adding defense and size at the 3-5 positions.....to keep up with the Joneses.

And which is why, according to Bobby Marks, the Hayes acquisition was thr move that "puts the Lakers over the top" in his mind.

Add one more center like Plumlee and Lakers win the West.

I'm curious though, do you think 2022 Mason Plumlee and his 7 and 6 averages with the Clips is better than 2022 Thomas Bryant and his 10 and 6? A certain faction of the Laker fan base might actually believe TB is better than the battle tested veteran big Plumlee. The stat geeks wanna know if stats do in fact mean everything 😤 :lol: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom