**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Disappointing end but this was a really fun season. In January I was advocating for blowing the whole thing up. 🫡🫡🫡

1684643168925.png

They still should tbh. Bron another year older and Mr. Glass.

We overachieved and went beyond what most (including us here) expected. They did it all in 3 months. Run it back but we need to get a legit big. Lebron at 39 aint gonna get you to another WCF without some major help. Just the fact that AD didnt get hurt from march to now is mind boggling

My point is that there’s really not much place else to go. That’s why I said the number doesn’t really matter.

If he wants $30 mil and Lakers say no. And let him walk. It provides another hurdle for them.

That’s why I said the number doesn’t matter. Whether it’s market value or not.

I know he's not an unrestricted FA but can we effectively just tell Dlo to get a deal and we can match it? Doesn't make sense for just to overpay.

Overpaying D'lo makes him much harder to trade down the line.

I know he's not an unrestricted FA but can we effectively just tell Dlo to get a deal and we can match it? Doesn't make sense for just to overpay.

“If he wants 30 and we say know he will walk”

Where will he walk? Lol

Another team has to be willing to give you that for you to walk.

There are 5 teams or so with cap space and all have young guards. Nobody giving him 30.

Right now he’s worth 20.

No.

Because of his cap hold. If Lakers rescind his cap hold. Then would need to be able to re-sign him using cap space.

Essentially (no pun) Lakers have 0 cap space in the off-season. Whether it’s letting DLo walk. Or keeping him. Or holding into Beasley/Bamba salaries.

No.

Because of his cap hold. If Lakers rescind his cap hold. Then would need to be able to re-sign him using cap space.

Essentially (no pun) Lakers have 0 cap space in the off-season. Whether it’s letting DLo walk. Or keeping him. Or holding into Beasley/Bamba salaries.

Gotcha. Can we sign-and-trade D'lo?

Reactions: DLF
Can’t wait for most exciting part of the nba year. July 1 to about July 10.

Or as was the case last year. July 1 to feb 20 lol

Gotcha. Can we sign-and-trade D'lo?

Yes.

Problem is. What is his value?
My guess is you trade him. Maybe for a 8th/9th man in the rotation. A team trading for DLo is going to want to feel like “hey we got him for nothing”

And if it’s a Free Agent swap it’s hard capped.

Yes.

Problem is. What is his value?
My guess is you trade him. Maybe for a 8th/9th man in the rotation. A team trading for DLo is going to want to feel like “hey we got him for nothing”

And if it’s a Free Agent swap it’s hard capped.

It's just a tough pill to swallow. We're admitting that he's a 8th/9th man on a playoff team but also saying we have to basically pay him whatever he wants.

My issue is that we could put ourselves in a bad stop if we sign him to a huge, untradable contract.

DLo is probably on this team through the AD/Bron era.

1. No way to pivot because he doesn’t open up cap space
2. Can’t S&T for Kyrie without blowing the team up
3. His value will be lower and whatever you get for him isn’t helpful in the off-season.
4. I don’t care what anybody says AR/Dennis PG rotation isn’t really good.
5. If he plays really well in 2023-24, why would you then trade him? (Hope to get a better playoff guy? No guarantees there. And it would need to fit the right archetype for the team they have)

If Kyrie told Mavs to hook him up after that mess of a season, DLo to Mavs makes sense. But then again it’s Mark Cuban so that would never happen.

It's just a tough pill to swallow. We're admitting that he's a 8th/9th man on a playoff team but also saying we have to basically pay him whatever he wants.

My issue is that we could put ourselves in a bad stop if we sign him to a huge, untradable contract.

Nope. I’m not saying he’s the 8th/9th man on a playoff team.

I’m saying that a team trading for him will offer that. Because they won’t trade a big piece for him. His value is low. And they will want to get him for nothing.

Lakers leverage is none of the cap space teams really make sense for D'Lo and what team over the cap is going to hard cap themselves to do a sign and trade for him?

D'Lo's agent got work to do between now and July.

Back
Top Bottom