**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

nba league pass online lags so much despite excellent ethernet connection. Def gotta thank the NBA for giving us this free trial so I know not to buy it.

It was horrible tonight, watching on Friday and I had my mind made up, watching today and it was the complete opposite. Went from excellent streaming to not being able to watch more than 30 seconds non-interrupted

Zo went 3/13 but I'm happy he's being assertive... the shot will fall. This was a good competitive game and showed that our guys can compete. Gotta work on the interior defense and the half court offense.

Zo went 3/13 but I'm happy he's being assertive... the shot will fall. This was a good competitive game and showed that our guys can compete. Gotta work on the interior defense and the half court offense.

I really have to question what offensive sets Luke is implementing. Again it looks like they only have one action.

Tough loss, but I'm glad to see that the guys continue to fight. I hope this game shows these players that it all starts with defense. Our run began because we started getting stops on the defensive end. - Clarkson played really well, I liked his playmaking.
-Kuzma continues to play really well. Love his confidence; he's never tentative.
Zo's jumper is still broken
-Zo's a consistently good rebounder, I can see him getting lots of triple doubles because he's going to consistently get seven or eight rebounds each night. His jump shot is still broken.
- I kind of give Brandon Ingram a pass because he was in foul trouble for most of the night although he still looks like he's lost for the most part.

3rd game, 19 years old. Really impressive what he’s doing. So poised, knows how to control a game, you can see he knows how to run a team just needs experience

Great nose for the ball in terms of rebounding from the guard position. Can be an elite rebounding guard

Needs to adjust to the NBA 3 and NBA length

Last edited:
Luke seriously needs to find a half court offensive scheme for this team rather than rely on run and gun most of the game. Not even a young team such as this
can keep up that style and frantic pace. They kinda gassed out at the end there and didnt have the energy they had when making that awesome run.

Its the same old story... lakers score high, other team scores even higher... it tells me the lakers up and down pace actually gives the other team a lot more possessions.
It reminds me of football... when a team purposely just crawls their way up the field to keep the other team's offense ouf of the game.
The lakers need to slow the game down and be more effective in a half court set. Then run when needed.

Luke seriously needs to find a half court offensive scheme for this team rather than rely on run and gun most of the game. Not even a young team such as this
can keep up that style and frantic pace. They kinda gassed out at the end there and didnt have the energy they had when making that awesome run.

Its the same old story... lakers score high, other team scores even higher... it tells me the lakers up and down pace actually gives the other team a lot more possessions.
It reminds me of football... when a team purposely just crawls their way up the field to keep the other team's offense ouf of the game.
The lakers need to slow the game down and be more effective in a half court set. Then run when needed.

Completely disagree. Their personnel (or what it should be) is far more suited to run up and down the court than execute in the half court game now. It's no secret that our offense has looked best in these first few games when that's happened. They do need to figure out more than one set to run. I don't like how they've tried to force feed BI early on in every game it seems now though. Let him get his within the flow of the game since his shot is still really suspect.

Luke is trying to get the guys to get that one set (delay) down to where they dont even call plays and they just read n react to what the defense is doing. It's similar to golden State and the triangle. Not saying I agree with that plan but you're gonna have to give that time.

Looking forward to Wed, the wiz might start porter at the 4 so that could be a good time to start Kuz.

Completely disagree. Their personnel (or what it should be) is far more suited to run up and down the court than execute in the half court game now. It's no secret that our offense has looked best in these first few games when that's happened. They do need to figure out more than one set to run. I don't like how they've tried to force feed BI early on in every game it seems now though. Let him get his within the flow of the game since his shot is still really suspect.

That's a short sighted goal ... might look fun and exciting for parts of the game, but won't get you anywhere in throughout the season (just like last season). Tonight was a perfect example. It helped them get back in the game but they couldn't sustain it. Ah like I stated, I'm all for running when opportunity presents itself... but they need a proper half court set to couple with it. One or two nicely executed offensive sets at the end of the game tonight could have probably sealed a win.

Back
Top Bottom