**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What's with Zubac racking up these DNP's? I seemd out of shape during the pre-season, is he on Luke's bad side?

ESPN had a hot take today talking about how Ball's +/- is horrible and they Lakers play WAYYY better when he's off the court. Its like guys don't watch the actual games but just look at the box score and make their statements.

ESPN had a hot take today talking about how Ball's +/- is horrible and they Lakers play WAYYY better when he's off the court. Its like guys don't watch the actual games but just look at the box score and make their statements.

His +/- stats are attributed to him playing heavy minutes against starting NBA players on a bad team with a bad supporting cast. Our bench is comparable to other NBA starting units but our starting unit is awful. All of our starters have awful +/- stats, they just chose to single our Zo. Also, its far to early in the season to look at any advanced metrics. If he still has an awful +/- in a month, then we can talk.

Kuzma just has to start, dude gets buckets and brings energy....plus plays well with Zo

come on Luke!!

Probably (hopefully?) just talk. I'd hate to see the Lakers give up on another top 2 pick. If we trade/let Randle walk, trade Dlo and trade Ingram, that would mean we have nothing to show for being one of the worst teams in the league for 3 years. I don't understand their strategy to be honest. Why draft 19 year old, one-and-done guys if you're not ready to develop them? Seems like we have a one-foot-out, one-foot-in strategy toward the re-build.

*Pulls up a seat*

*Pulls up a seat*

0339c151d3bba4f72f6019f90159a54a.gif

Kuzma just has to start, dude gets buckets and brings energy....plus plays well with Zo

come on Luke!!

This is the thing that frustrates me most about Ingram. Watch this highlight reel of Kuzma's game last night. He hit afew jumpers but half of his points come from his constant activity, moving without the ball and just making plays and having a good feel for the game. Why can't Ingram do these things? Everything Ingram does feels forced, when he's not handling the ball he just stands in the corner most of the time. He's just not confident at all. I've never seen him 'get hot'. If he starts out shooting well, he'll continue but if he starts 1-5, he's finishing 3-15. He can't shoot himself out of a slump.

Probably (hopefully?) just talk. I'd hate to see the Lakers give up on another top 2 pick. If we trade/let Randle walk, trade Dlo and trade Ingram, that would mean we have nothing to show for being one of the worst teams in the league for 3 years. I don't understand their strategy to be honest. Why draft 19 year old, one-and-done guys if you're not ready to develop them? Seems like we have a one-foot-out, one-foot-in strategy toward the re-build.

That tweet is tabloid fodder

What’s the point of this? it was well expected that he would feast in the east and on a team where he’s the top offensive weapon. Clearly there were other reasons Magic and Rob traded him despite his basketball ability

Purpose: To troll and be corny.

Lol it's always funny to watch the narrative switch. 'Everybody knew D'lo would be a stud. That's why we wanted to get rid of him'

funny how you omit the rest of my quote where I clearly said the reason Magic and Rob wanted to get rid of him went beyond what he does on the court. They needed someone who can lead a young team and Dlo wasn't it.

I mean, if you really wanna post Dlo's season averages after 3 games, then post Zo's too and compare it to Dlo's rookie year then.....I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom