**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Y'all need to relax in here. Seriously. After one game the world is over. I am disappointed just like you guys in their performance last night but you guys are ready to blow the team up after one game lol.

The only thing I don't understand is this....Randle and Kuzma were the best players and most consistent players all through pre-season. Why the hell would you bring Randle off the bench and not play Kuzma as much?
I really don't understand Luke's rotations last night. Unless he thinks Randle and Lopez cannot co-exist? Deng hardly played in pre-season and then he starts ???

As for Ball, he'll be alright. First real competition in 2 or 3 weeks so he might be a little rusty and then Beverly was going extra hard to get up in his *** lol

I thought Ball played pretty good. Just looking at his passing, he had guys open all night. He hit Nance Jr with a sweet pass but of course Nance didn't shoot the wide open 10 foot jumper. Multiple wide open threes for Lopez. Of course he needs to score more but he doesn't need to when he's getting WIDE open looks for others. Plus he was rebounding well and had two blocks and a deflection. Not bad for first game against all 1st defense pg LOL

I couldn't really hear what was going on but it looked like he was baiting bev into a lot of fouls or what should've been fouls, outsmarting him at times. But yea, Zo is a guy that only looks as good as his teammates on most nites. Not necessarily gonna put the team on his back

Also, Lonzo has played 1 real game (preseason against Twolves) since July. Probably hasn't even been practicing as hard as well bc of injuries.

I know Luke better not be starting Deng tonight. How the **** you supposed to be a running and exciting team with a dude that looks 50 years old in your starting lineup. Start Kuzma, he 22 he ain't a 18 year old baby.

We live in a such a weird time right now with rookies. Before the 1 and done rule rookies would come in and you knew what to expect because they played 3 or 4 years in college. Now you are drafting based on potential, which means the players probably wont be great for a while. Yet we and the media judge them on the "NOW". Ball doesn't even have an NBA body, let alone stamina built to compete with elite nba vets. I do see potential though and thats all you can hope for.

How many years did it take Giannis, Westbrook, Curry, Kawhi and many others to get to where they are. Difference is they weren't expected to be superstars from day 1 and so people didn't throw them under the bus by game 2 of their rookie years.

For every Lebron that balled out since rookie year, theres a Tyreke Evans or Eric Gordon who had great rookie seasons but sort of maxed out or even regressed afterwards. Can even throw Clarkson in there, he was pretty damn good his rookie year. Probably the same player in year 4.

Now you are drafting based on potential, which means the players probably wont be great for a while. Yet we and the media judge them on the "NOW".

dfunny300.gif

Seriously, what could really be the reason Deng gets ANY playing time, let alone start?

Is it to give him big minutes and hope he produces so he can be "showcased" for a potential trade?

Is it because he's a veteran and Luke wants to play vets because he thinks vets can help get wins?

Is it because playing Zo, BI and Kuz heavy minutes will stack up losses and in a year with no first round pick, losing games isn't rewarded?

Is it because he adds value? any value? Hell to the naw!!!

Zo and BI need to gain weight an get strong. Both of their games are affected by physicality of their defenders at this point in their careers.

Last edited:
I know Luke better not be starting Deng tonight. How the **** you supposed to be a running and exciting team with a dude that looks 50 years old in your starting lineup. Start Kuzma, he 22 he ain't a 18 year old baby.

He was trying to keep the bench unit together, but you cannot start Ingram/Deng/Nance in 2017

literally no shooting

Seriously, what could really be the reason Deng gets ANY playing time, let alone start?

Is it to give him big minutes and hope he produces so he can be "showcased" for a potential trade?

Is it because he's a veteran and Luke wants to play vets because he thinks vets can help get wins?

Is it because playing Zo, BI and Kuz heavy minutes will stack up losses and in a year with no first round pick, losing games isn't rewarded?

Is it because he adds value? any value? Hell to the naw!!!

Is it because one of our starters was suspended and Deng merely filled his spot?

:lol:

We'll see if Deng sees any court time when KCP gets back. There are 5 players that should have started before Deng.

We'll see if Deng sees any court time when KCP gets back. There are 5 players that should have started before Deng.

I mean, he won't replace Lopez. Won't replace Zo. Won't replace Nance. So it comes down to, is Ingram going to come off the bench? If he's not, then that means KCP has to come off the bench. If he's not, then where does that leave Deng? Off the bench. If he sits Ingram to start Deng, then you can yell and scream all you want.

Lol my Laker thread never changes....

I'll hold judgement on anything until we play 10 games with the actual starting line up.

With Deng starting I expected nothing...

Reactions: DLF
Still don't understand how the media is turning this into "lonzo had a horrible game...oh my gawd he's a bust" Its quite amusing hearing all these "Experts" say that based off one game. Its like they didn't even watch the game. He should'a had 10+ assists in 29 minutes.

He was trying to keep the bench unit together, but you cannot start Ingram/Deng/Nance in 2017

literally no shooting

Yup. Feels like Luke is over thinking things with the bench. Move Clarkson or Kuz into the starting lineup and you still have one of them plus Julius off the bench, that should be enough to at least stay even against most 2nd units.

If anything, Deng is a back up 4. If you can't find minutes for him there just let him rack up DNPs.

Back
Top Bottom