Kevin Samuels Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that what is truly important to note is that Samuels while in the discussion of Black women, speaks to what a lot of Black men want to hear. I am not too sure that he does the same for that of Black women in regard to men.

This should be applauded, not shamed.

New Study Shows Black Women Are Among The Most Educated Group In The United States
NEW STUDIES SHOW BLACK WOMEN HAVE BEEN RECEIVING DEGREES AT A HIGHER RATE FOR YEARS.

A new report is revealing encouraging statistics about Black women and education.

According to findings compiled in a study by the National Center For Education Statistics, Black women have been obtaining degrees at a consistently high rate for the last eight years and counting. Information collected about the higher education among African-Americans between 2009 and 2010 shows that Black women accounted for 68 percent of associate’s degrees, 66 percent of bachelor’s degrees, 71 percent of master’s degrees and 65 percent of doctorate degrees awarded to Black students during that time frame.

Black women are SERIOUS about being upwardly mobile, doing their thing.
Nobody shames black women for being educated . Y’all are just failing to recognize that plenty of women who are educated “act like they’re better” than those who aren’t. That’s pretty much the discussion surrounding women in higher education and relationships.

Nobody shames black women for being educated . Y’all are just failing to recognize that plenty of women who are educated act like they’re better than those who aren’t. That’s pretty much the discussion surrounding women in higher education and relationships.
They are indeed better, and they should know it. Let's not beat around the bush here, they have a right to feel confident through their accomplishments. How is some dude who has never done a thing in his life, going to tell a sister who has accomplished something that he hasn't, how to feel about herself?

I've always loved that about black women. When me and boys were young slackers just looking for the next drink/smoke the ones we knew were already planning to buy homes and make career moves.

Thanks for your honesty champ. No direct disrespect to you of your folks but when I hear this comment I envision a bunch a black dudes chilling on the block smoking weed drinking some low level alcohol wasting their day and time thinking they are doing it. Again, not trying to get on you per say I just don’t care for the act of young black men wasting their day smoking weed on the block and going nowhere fast. I’m glad for your honesty and at least recognition and turnaround on the matter hopefully.

They are indeed better, and they should know it. Let's not beat around the bush here, they have a right to feel confident through their accomplishments. How is some dude who has never done a thing in his life, going to tell a sister who has accomplished something that he hasn't, how to feel about herself?
Why are we picking a dude who has never done anything in his life by default?

Thanks for your honesty champ. No direct disrespect to you of your folks but when I hear this comment I envision a bunch a black dudes chilling on the block smoking weed drinking some low level alcohol wasting their day and time thinking they are doing it. Again, not trying to get on you per say I just don’t care for the act of young black men wasting their day smoking weed on the block and going nowhere fast. I’m glad for your honesty and at least recognition and turnaround on the matter hopefully.
This is od corny and unnecessary. Not even worth a response.

Nobody shames black women for being educated . Y’all are just failing to recognize that plenty of women who are educated “act like they’re better” than those who aren’t. That’s pretty much the discussion surrounding women in higher education and relationships.

There are also "plenty" of educated women who don't act like they are better. There are "plenty" educated men who act like they are better as well. The bottom line is focusing on the women as "acting like they are better" in the context of looks, relationships etc is problematic.

It carries a tone like when successful black people get called uppity just for being successful.

Should we pull up our pants and lift ourselves up by our bootstraps too?

Why are we picking a dude who has never done anything in his life by default?
Because that is exactly the kind of dude who'll state that a Black woman who is degreed, suddenly feels that she is better than others. I'd heard this all of my life, coming from dudes I've grown up with. The other thing that dudes say is, " now that she has some money, she's all stuck up, " well yeah!

She has a right to be measured, and careful around broke dudes with no vision, no ambition.

I was gonna post this but decided against it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think a lot of these women explicitly said they were better. I think people have a problem with them having standards and not wanting to marry or date down in status.

Because that is exactly the kind of dude who'll state that a Black woman who is degreed, suddenly feels that she is better than others. I'd heard this all of my life, coming from dudes I've grown up with. The other thing that dudes say is, " now that she has some money, she's all stuck up, " well yeah!

She has a right to be measured, and careful around broke dudes with no vision, no ambition.
You have an extremely positive outlook on women and I respect it. They can do no wrong to you it appears.

This is od corny and unnecessary. Not even worth a response.

No doubt....maybe that’s my personal experience from where I’m from and where I reside. That being said if anyone potentially has a real connection to any hood in a big city they know exactly what I mean and say. I see too many young black brothas wasting their time and day smoking and drinking. If that is not other folks experience then so be it. If anyone lives in or near DC and feels otherwise please let me know and I can go neighborhood by neighborhood and SHOW you otherwise.

You have an extremely positive outlook on women and I respect it. They can do no wrong to you it appears.
II am about anyone who does their thing, against all odds. Black women have been doing that and then some for centuries. Yeah, there indeed are some bad ones, but if you wanna ride to the top? Get behind a Black woman that is ambitious, then one that wants to learn and grow. Do not stunt her growth, nor attempt to kill her confidence while in the presence of other men.

I'm sayin'!

I hear these sisters talking in group chats, talking to my wife. Maaaaaannnn, you do not have to even be a six figgah' , blah, blah, blah!

Just be of good character, fight against your own misogyny, fight against your insecurities, and then they, successful BLACK women, will flock to you!

I don't know what kinda uncle Ruckus stuff dude is on, maybe I should have put "slacking" in quotations because the early 20s era i'm talking I was working 2 jobs and trying to finish school. This is in both BX and Norfolk. I mean in terms of the money I was making was going to bills, then gear and going out while I slowly tread school, living for today while the ladies full steam ahead already had the vision to lay a foundation, saving for down payments, skipping a night or two etc. Not this black and white 80s tv show son is on.

So we went from me saying most are not DROP DEAD gorgeous

and you somehow morph that into "So mostly ugly women call in."

"So the show is dedicated to bashing ugly women."

Like I asked, what are you even attempting to do here? I am confused.

lol you went extreme with the drop dead gorgeous women first though. I said there are successful attractive and good looking women.

Are you saying conveniently no attractive or good looking woman is calling into his show? >D

Forget "drop dead gorgeous, not even sure what that means.

Is there a reason why attractive successful and educated women aren't highlighted on this show?

deusavertat deusavertat

Again, There are some good looking women that call into his show but the majority ( > 50%) are average at best.

Is there a reason why attractive successful and educated women aren't highlighted on this show?

Again, There are some that are.

Plenty of clips of such have been posted but if you aren't going to watch them, stop pretending you are interested. :lol:

I don't know what kinda uncle Ruckus stuff dude is on, maybe I should have put "slacking" in quotations because the early 20s era i'm talking I was working 2 jobs and trying to finish school. This is in both BX and Norfolk. I mean in terms of the money I was making was going to bills, then gear and going out while I slowly tread school, living for today while the ladies full steam ahead already had the vision to lay a foundation, saving for down payments, skipping a night or two etc. Not this black and white 80s tv show son is on.

Bless your heart. You said “slacker” so let’s break that down champ. The definition of slacker.....”a person who avoids work or effort”. We can take the definition as if or we can try to interrupt the term as you put it. Either way you were admittedly smoking and drinking thus wasting your time and and day and in a sense seeking refuge from a black female to save you as you lay around collecting dust as you and your friends “smoke and drink”......UNACCEPTABLE in every way possible.

I might have missed it......but just in case.....

deusavertat deusavertat deusavertat deusavertat didn’t answer my question so I’ll ask it again for him to respond.....just want to make sure the congregation notices as well.....

Just to be clear....are you saying you watched a 8 minute and 17 second clip in it’s entirety within 4 minutes of me posting the video in question which you responded to in 4 minutes?? Simple yes or simple no deusavertat deusavertat deusavertat deusavertat ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom