Kevin Samuels Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He speaks on this as well.

He says good looking / successful women are ALSO competing for the same Top Shelf dudes.

This ties into his idea of the career success of a woman not being a determining factor on whether or not a man decides to get into a relationship with a woman.

In short, he doesn't think her job matters that much.

yea but he also tried to imply that successful women tend to let themselves go which is dumb. If anything I've noticed women I work with care way more about their looks than the men. He did mention that but I notice the focus in his videos are always on successful women who may not be attractive. There are just as many very good looking women who ARE very attractive.

Attractive or otherwise I don't care what standards someone has. If a woman thinks her self worth is tied to a career she worked hard for, im completely fine with that. That entire video is anecdotes so I'll drop some. I personally know not so attractive successful women who did end up with dudes who are fitter than they are.

I joke with my wife that I would leave her for Oprah. Early. :rofl:

There are just as many very good looking women who ARE very attractive.
I assume you mean very well=-paid women

I mean I don't think this is true for any subset of humans.

MOST are NOT "attractive" so I don't see why MOST well-paid women would be ATTRACTIVE vs NOT attractive.

Did you finish watching the video in it’s entirety before your post of #894 in here??

lol I finished watching the video, I was commenting as I was watching it is there a specific part that I missed that somehow will convince me that dude isn't an idiot? What you posted is par for the course for his other videos. It's the exact same themes of denigrating successful women, tying their worth to marriage, looks and family etc.

Please don't make me watch anymore of these vids, I've seen enough :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And if you do, please at least give me a time block of a few minutes in the vid to make your point.

So basically women should PREPARE to be single?

Not saying I disagree but I think this mentality can alleviate wild expectations some might have.
Yes. Lead the way. Do the exact opposite that white people are doing.

I assume you mean very well=-paid women

I mean I don't think this is true for any subset of humans.

MOST are NOT "attractive" so I don't see why MOST well-paid women would be ATTRACTIVE vs NOT attractive.

yea sorry that was a typo. There are many hot successful women. Focusing on the non attractive ones is misogynistic rhetoric.

Interestingly enough looks can get women AND men far in cooperate America. So I'd be more inclined to think successful women are generally more attractive than "average".

I think this notion of being smart, educated being tied to unattractiveness is a remnant of what we were led to believe in grade school. I think things have definitely changed. There are jocks who are doctors. Model looking women who are lawyers and scientists. If anything in corporate America when I think of a successful man I think of someone obese and gross.

Comments were previously made about men being insecure.

Some folks opinions are that men are more insecure than women....whatever that means.

In my mind it takes a certain level of confidence to admit that we as humans "need" other humans.

Admitting "need" is more than semantics...its is a sign of a deeper understanding of interpersonal relationships and shows an openness to cooperation.

When women say "I don't need a man" it sounds rather masculine and insecure.

What exactly are we trying to prove here? Words are powerful.

The video I posted speaks to this notion.

If independence is a sign of strength then dependence is a sign of weakness for some folks...but how does this work in relationships?

As evidenced by low marriage rates, the fact that women initiate roughly 80% of divorces, and men bear the brunt of the financial ruin after divorce, while the kids suffer the most, it seems this way of thinking has some rather serious consequences.

Example:

‘Cooperation’ exists when individuals work together to accomplish shared goals. When a situation is cooperatively structured, individuals' goal achievements are positively correlated; individuals perceive that they can reach their goals if, and only if, the others in the group also reach their goals. Thus, individuals seek outcomes that are beneficial to all those with whom they are cooperatively linked.

‘Competition’ exists when individuals work against each other to achieve a goal that only one or a few can attain. When a situation is structured competitively, individuals' goal achievements are negatively correlated; each individual perceives that when one person achieves his or her goal, all others with whom he or she is competitively linked fail to achieve their goals. Thus, individuals seek an outcome that is personally beneficial but detrimental to all others in the situation. ‘Individualistic efforts’ exist when individuals work by themselves to accomplish goals unrelated to the goals of others.

This is way beyond simple semantics, at least to me.

We at least "need' to be on the same page and "need" each other to cooperate for the good of the family unit.

Thank you for the thorough explanation of your position. There was just so much going on in the thread at that moment that it was tough to follow. I generally agree with you and the cooperation piece is what I was speaking to, or at least attempting to :lol: , in my post. I think that’s a huge part of unlocking the greatest value in a relationship - sharing common goals and working towards the same future. A lot of people try to wing it. While it can work, it’s not ideal in the slightest.

I 100% understand the need for others and dependence. Like Gisele Bünchden famously said after the second loss to the Giants - “[Tom] can’t throw the ball and catch it too”. But are you saying that you, or perhaps people in general, need to be in a relationship to unlock their greatest value?

That suits comment is idiotic :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Apparently her man has like zero lounge clothes and just goes to bed in a 3 piece suit.

People would look at me funny if I ever wore a suit to work. My first day of work during my training I got called out for wearing a tie.

I don’t wear one every day but I admittedly used to joke with people at work who have only ever seen me in suits by saying “I sleep in suits” and they laugh because they know I’m messing around but that broad was being dead *** serious/trying to stunt :smh:

lol I finished watching the video, I was commenting as I was watching it is there a specific part that I missed that somehow will convince me that dude isn't an idiot? What you posted is par for the course for his other videos. It's the exact same themes of denigrating successful women, tying their worth to marriage, looks and family etc.

Please don't make me watch anymore of these vids, I've seen enough :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And if you do, please at least give me a time block of a few minutes in the vid to make your point.

Just to be clear....are you saying you watched a 8 minute and 17 second clip in it’s entirety within 4 minutes of me posting the video in question which you responded to in 4 minutes?? Simple yes or simple no.

Yea you are discussing things I wasn't even addressing.

Again, I know there ARE some attractive women that make 6-figures but I am simply saying for you to say, "MOre are attractive than NOT" is a WILD claim considering that isn't true for any population of human beings in any legitimate categorizing.

I’m not “making you watch” or do anything other than you want to champ so I vehemently reject that notion. You are free to do what you want....be that stay here or to leave on your own free will.

Just to be clear....are you saying you watched a 8 minute and 17 second clip in it’s entirety within 4 minutes of me posting the video in question which you responded to in 4 minutes?? Simple yes or simple no.

I responded several times to the video as I was watching/listening to it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Minutes have passed since you posted it.

stop tryna make Kevin Samuels happen. it's not gonna happen. I waited for the big reveal of him saying something profound and not misogynistic and it just never happened.

I responded several times to the video as I was watching/listening to it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Minutes have passed since you posted it.

I asked you a direct question.......you give me a roundabout answer. Bless your heart. A simple YES or NO to my question is all I need.

Interestingly enough looks can get women AND men far in cooperate America. So I'd be more inclined to think successful women are generally more attractive than "average".
I assume you meant Corporate America but there is a point to this and I emphasis it to all of my mentees/direct reports looking for advice (both male and female). But what I’ve seen, for women it’s somewhat industry independent tbh. Some fields this holds true and others it’s a mixed back. But no matter what your upkeep, hygiene, wardrobe and overall appearance play a difference. One of my colleagues told me that the woman I mentioned earlier making 7-8 figures per year had to undergo a complete makeover because she was going to start being out in front of my more customers and media :lol:

I would say the same holds true for men; however, I’d add an element.....not to rustle any jimmies but I wholeheartedly believe that height plays a significant role in male success too. For example, I had a competitor at work that we had similar credentials, achievements and goals but my man was like 5’5”, chubby and wore ill-fitting suits. Off the strength of that alone, I knew he would never edge me out head-to-head.

It’s a cold but real truth|l

I would say the same holds true for men; however, I’d add an element.....not to rustle any jimmies but I wholeheartedly believe that height plays a significant role in male success too. For example, I had a competitor at work that we had similar credentials, achievements and goals but my man was like 5’5”, chubby and wore ill-fitting suits. Off the strength of that alone, I knew he would never edge me out head-to-head.

In an environment of mostly men, I can imagine things like this actually mattering.

Yea you are discussing things I wasn't even addressing.

Again, I know there ARE some attractive women that make 6-figures but I am simply saying for you to say, "MOre are attractive than NOT" is a WILD claim considering that isn't true for any population of human beings in any legitimate categorizing.

I said if anything I am more "inclined to believe", I wasn't definitively saying successful women are more attractive. I posted a link about a well known association between good looks and success. The point I'm trying to make it why are we even focusing on the non attractive ones? People in here are doing so because the attractive successful women don't fit Kevins misogynistic narrative.

I assume you meant Corporate America but there is a point to this and I emphasis it to all of my mentees/direct reports looking for advice (both male and female). But what I’ve seen, for women it’s somewhat industry independent tbh. Some fields this holds true and others it’s a mixed back. But no matter what your upkeep, hygiene, wardrobe and overall appearance play a difference. One of my colleagues told me that the woman I mentioned earlier making 7-8 figures per year had to undergo a complete makeover because she was going to start being out in front of my more customers and media :lol:

Yea I mean I wasn't going hard on this being "facts" which is why I chose the word "inclined".

And yes tall men are more successful, earned or not. People are programmed to associate height with good traits like authority and intelligence which is largely unfounded. :rofl:My life would have definitely been more difficult if I were 5ft5 and chubby.:smh:

I said if anything I am more "inclined to believe", I wasn't definitively saying successful women are more attractive. I posted a link about a well known association between good looks and success. The point I'm trying to make it why are we even focusing on the non attractive ones? People in here are doing so because the attractive successful women don't fit Kevins misogynistic narrative.

Well the najority of people KS interviews aren't drop dead gorgeous so that might be why THOSE women are talked about in THIS thread.

deusavertat deusavertat didn’t answer my question so I’ll ask it again for him to respond.....just want to make sure the congregation notices as well.....

Just to be clear....are you saying you watched a 8 minute and 17 second clip in it’s entirety within 4 minutes of me posting the video in question which you responded to in 4 minutes?? Simple yes or simple no deusavertat deusavertat ??

In an environment of mostly men, I can imagine things like this actually mattering.

I still think it matters with women in the workplace. All things considered equal and a woman is choosing between a 5’5” chubby dude and a guy that’s 6’0”+ and fit? C’mon man.

Yea I mean I wasn't going hard on this being "facts" which is why I chose the word "inclined".

And yes tall men are more successful, earned or not. People are programmed to associate height with good traits like authority and intelligence which is largely unfounded. :rofl:My life would have definitely been more difficult if I were 5ft5 and chubby.:smh:
Yeah, I peeped the “inclined” but just wanted to say I have a decent sample size with some breadth as well as diversity and there is merit to your claim.

The height thing is definitely unfounded but you can sense it for sure. Maybe I’d be singing a different tune if I was 5’5” and chubby....but fortunately I don’t have that problem8)
1616980016792.gif

So, nobody is talking about character, for neither the man nor woman, right?

Therein lies the issue, and that is a really major problem.
True but I doubt that can be detected over a YouTube video. (Which is all we are able to use)

I think that what is truly important to note is that Samuels while in the discussion of Black women, speaks to what a lot of Black men want to hear. I am not too sure that he does the same for that of Black women in regard to men.

This should be applauded, not shamed.

New Study Shows Black Women Are Among The Most Educated Group In The United States
NEW STUDIES SHOW BLACK WOMEN HAVE BEEN RECEIVING DEGREES AT A HIGHER RATE FOR YEARS.

A new report is revealing encouraging statistics about Black women and education.

According to findings compiled in a study by the National Center For Education Statistics, Black women have been obtaining degrees at a consistently high rate for the last eight years and counting. Information collected about the higher education among African-Americans between 2009 and 2010 shows that Black women accounted for 68 percent of associate’s degrees, 66 percent of bachelor’s degrees, 71 percent of master’s degrees and 65 percent of doctorate degrees awarded to Black students during that time frame.

Black women are SERIOUS about being upwardly mobile, doing their thing.

I've always loved that about black women. When me and boys were young slackers just looking for the next drink/smoke the ones we knew were already planning to buy homes and make career moves.

I think that what is truly important to note is that Samuels while in the discussion of Black women, speaks to what a lot of Black men want to hear. I am not too sure that he does the same for that of Black women in regard to men.

This should be applauded, not shamed.

New Study Shows Black Women Are Among The Most Educated Group In The United States
NEW STUDIES SHOW BLACK WOMEN HAVE BEEN RECEIVING DEGREES AT A HIGHER RATE FOR YEARS.

A new report is revealing encouraging statistics about Black women and education.

According to findings compiled in a study by the National Center For Education Statistics, Black women have been obtaining degrees at a consistently high rate for the last eight years and counting. Information collected about the higher education among African-Americans between 2009 and 2010 shows that Black women accounted for 68 percent of associate’s degrees, 66 percent of bachelor’s degrees, 71 percent of master’s degrees and 65 percent of doctorate degrees awarded to Black students during that time frame.

Black women are SERIOUS about being upwardly mobile, doing their thing.

This is what's causing an existential crisis and insecurity amongst the Kevin Samuels of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom