Jordan XI Low White/Black True Red JUNE 8th 2013

Nice pair imo. 
 I agree. i guess ppl dont like change
grin.gif
. And last years were dope as well. love my pair. more XI lows the better.

no thanks..

i still hate myself for buying the white and red low's last year...

i should have got a lap dance instead.

i love jordan lows. just bought the taxi xii low, got orange white xiii low so i'll def grab a pair of these.

Would LOVE to see those snakeskin xi lows drop again. 2 pair please.

Passed up on the other lows and now this pair. For some reason XI lows never catch my attention...

i copped last year...but wow! these are just ugly! shouldve went with the playoff/bred lows, they look 10,000 times better than these

Why couldn't they have stuck with the original colors of the mids done in a low top? Crazy!

so i'm removing the clear coat on a pair of beater 11s to see how painting them is going to go and its looking good, so im thinking im going to cop these and turn them into low top Black/reds

so i'm removing the clear coat on a pair of beater 11s to see how painting them is going to go and its looking good, so im thinking im going to cop these and turn them into low top Black/reds
in my experience patent leather is crazy hard to paint my dude. thats prly why nobody can ever restore the columbia xi leather to white when it yellows. i've tried and failed. you have to acetone and sand the hell out of it before the paint has anything to bond with or it'll just crack right off. good luck, i hope you fare better than i did. Somebody else on the board said they were going to put carbon fiber vinyl on it. that would be crazy.

in my experience patent leather is crazy hard to paint my dude. thats prly why nobody can ever restore the columbia xi leather to white when it yellows. i've tried and failed. you have to acetone and sand the hell out of it before the paint has anything to bond with or it'll just crack right off. good luck, i hope you fare better than i did. Somebody else on the board said they were going to put carbon fiber vinyl on it. that would be crazy.

I wanted to do the same thing with a pair of Foamposite's that I have but I took them to a company that does vinyl cover and they said that it would come off due to the curves of the shoe. Would really like to know if any has any luck doing this and what longevity can be expected from the process.

when i finish my first attempt i will let everyone know if it turns out ok and how difficult it was.

I wanted to do the same thing with a pair of Foamposite's that I have but I took them to a company that does vinyl cover and they said that it would come off due to the curves of the shoe. Would really like to know if any has any luck doing this and what longevity can be expected from the process.
I've seen lots of people put carbon fiber vinyl on car parts like mirrors etc so i don't know if the curves on the shoes should be a huge problem. maybe a custom car shop would know better than the company you went to. worth a shot.

I've seen lots of people put carbon fiber vinyl on car parts like mirrors etc so i don't know if the curves on the shoes should be a huge problem. maybe a custom car shop would know better than the company you went to. worth a shot.

the thing is that paint will eventually come off. But have you thought about dying the patent leather? when I dyed the soles on my boys anniversary XIs, a little dye got on the white patent leather. it was a pain to get off. im thinking that if you dye the patent leather and leave it on there for a few days that it will become permanent.

i dont know why people havent thought of this before.

the thing is that paint will eventually come off. But have you thought about dying the patent leather? when I dyed the soles on my boys anniversary XIs, a little dye got on the white patent leather. it was a pain to get off. im thinking that if you dye the patent leather and leave it on there for a few days that it will become permanent.

i dont know why people havent thought of this before.
what dye did you use sir? Also, what color did you change the anni xi bottoms to and was it completely permanent? it does seem like a good idea.

you still have to get the clear coat off of the patent leather or the dye will be very hard to control and might get on places you dont want it and yes it is permanent on the soles and wherever else it might touch

what dye did you use sir? Also, what color did you change the anni xi bottoms to and was it completely permanent? it does seem like a good idea.

i used RIT dye. its the most permanent dye if you get it in the powdered form. and you dont have to take the clear coat off. The dye will seep right beneath the clear coat just like it does to clear rubber soles.

Back
Top Bottom