Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Well shape debate really isn't my thing, as i've said before I don't have a problem with the current molds for the lll (Which is supposedly going into the vault for a while anyways) or lV. When people talk about the shape of the Vll is when I can usually see and understand the complaints.

gonna be honest, i would never like to see JB go back to the OG molds with the 3 and the 4.

i love how people forget that the tongues were disgusting on both, especially the 3. also not a fan of that very thin elephant print.

higher cut on the 4's also looks weird.

if we get 1999 4 shapes and 2001 3's then i'll be good :smokin

View media item 1262922

indifferent.gif
just being real, look at how goofy the tongue looks compared to today's retros, it pops more nowadays and is thicker and if you look on the back of an 88 tongue, the part where the leather meets the liner is crooked asf.

That's your opinion and you have the right to it but I disagree 1000%
The OG tongue is the way they should be and the new retros are the tongues that are jacked up. OG mold and tongue>>>>>>>>>>> any retro.
i mean it's the way they're supposed to be obviously, it's the original shoe 
laugh.gif

either way i'm more interested in them slimming down the toeboxes, only thing that kept me from the 88 3's. that and the inconsistent elephant print, dudes trying to sell pairs with elephant print like half an inch higher on the right shoe 
mean.gif

gonna be honest, i would never like to see JB go back to the OG molds with the 3 and the 4.

i love how people forget that the tongues were disgusting on both, especially the 3. also not a fan of that very thin elephant print.

higher cut on the 4's also looks weird.

if we get 1999 4 shapes and 2001 3's then i'll be good :smokin
I actually agree with this.

The elephant print is done way better on the newer retro releases.

View media item 1263562
Jordan wearing them:

View media item 1263571
That thin print looks terrible. I also agree with you on the tongue being thicker and makes it pop more.

As far as the AJ4, I think the OG '89 mold is way better but I'd like to see a tiny bit taller and wider tongue.

I actually agree with this.

The elephant print is done way better on the newer retro releases.

Jordan wearing them:

That thin print looks terrible. I also agree with you on the tongue being thicker and makes it pop more.

As far as the AJ4, I think the OG '89 mold is way better but I'd like to see a tiny bit taller and wider tongue.
only thing i can't get with is that bulky 2011 toebox 
sick.gif

So the toebox is in fact slightly slimmed down like the pictures from the press event showed it to be. A lot of fakes have been thrown up on IG/Twitter then :lol:

Last edited:
have they fixed the cracking/chipping midsole on the 3s and 4s?
That's the question that needs to be dealt with.

All of this talk about shape and tongue height, really has nothing to do with the overall quality and value of a shoe. The remastering should address if the shoe can withstand multiple wearings, storage, without yellowing, cracking or even falling apart.

have they fixed the cracking/chipping midsole on the 3s and 4s?
That's the question that needs to be dealt with.

All of this talk about shape and tongue height, really has nothing to do with the overall quality and value of a shoe. The remastering should address if the shoe can withstand multiple wearings, storage, without yellowing, cracking or even falling apart.

That is indeed the most important question, but how would any of us be able to logically tell when none of these pairs are out yet?

It'll be a few months after release at the least I imagine before we can tell how they'll deteriorate.

That is indeed the most important question, but how would any of us be able to logically tell when none of these pairs are out yet?

It'll be a few months after release at the least I imagine before we can tell how they'll deteriorate.
i feel that the 2012 IVs had bad chipping except the Cavs and WCs but the fear packs, green glows and toro IVs don't seem to have that problem unless i haven't heard anything about those pairs 

i feel that the 2012 IVs had bad chipping except the Cavs and WCs but the fear packs, green glows and toro IVs don't seem to have that problem unless i haven't heard anything about those pairs 

Those tongues look better on the Oreo IV. Doesn't go up to my knees like the recent IVs.

Built in shin guards

I don't understand why the tongue on the 3 and 4 get bigger and bigger with each generation retro, but the tongue on the 5 gets smaller and smaller...?

It amazes me that after all this time, with all of the information just out there like that...that we still have people in here that are very much into sneakers, yet don't know a fake when they see it.

Back
Top Bottom