Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

So after trashing Trade Block the past week I made my first trade on there:

Patent Bred 1s
Rebellionaire 1s

for

Lost and Found 1s

I paid retail for PBreds and Rebels so I think of it as paying $340 for Lost and Founds. Market rate currently is $500 so I think I got a good deal. Let's see what they look like when they come in though...

Patent Bred 1s
Rebellionaire 1s

for

Lost and Found 1s

I paid retail for PBreds and Rebels so I think of it as paying $340 for Lost and Founds. Market rate currently is $500 so I think I got a good deal. Let's see what they look like when they come in though...

how does this tradeblock work?
you both ship to the company? does someone "authenticate" the shoes? and if so, what's the fee?

I wouldn’t care if they were planning on using my box to show the production factory how to make the fakes as long as I get paid what I asked *shrug*

how does this tradeblock work?
you both ship to the company? does someone "authenticate" the shoes? and if so, what's the fee?
Yeah, they authenticate and then ship to both parties. I can't speak on the fees but you get 50% off your first trade. I think my fees came out to about $40. My first time doing business on there so we'll see how it goes.

Davey Magoo.
91fc31a2-63ff-4142-abfe-bc99be7e679c_text.gif

Patent Bred 1s
Rebellionaire 1s

for

Lost and Found 1s

Woulda at the very least asked them to cover fees then....still an overpay on your side.

Don't get the logic behind you assuming you only paid $340 for the L&F.....technically that's true, BUT you factored in the market rate for the L&F.....why didn't you do it for what you traded then?

Look at the end of the day, as long as people get what they want out of these trades, cool, but some of y'all are shortchanging yourselves. Meanwhile we got dudes selling fake receipts for lunch money....love it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just sell what you’re willing to move, buy what you want. It’s what we’ve all been doing for years at this point anyways, everything else is just a waste of time, energy & money. Unless we’re trading amongst ourselves on here in some way 🤷🏾‍♂️ I’ve been saying for a while we need to come together & figure out some thread or group with just us to post or offer trades.

Woulda at the very least asked them to cover fees then....still an overpay on your side.

Don't get the logic behind you assuming you only paid $340 for the L&F.....technically that's true, BUT you factored in the market rate for the L&F.....why didn't you do it for what you traded then?

Look at the end of the day, as long as people get what they want out of these trades, cool, but some of y'all are shortchanging yourselves. Meanwhile we got dudes selling fake receipts for lunch money....love it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did factor market rate in for the Rebellionaires and Patent Breds. If I sold both (size 11) at the highest bid on SX right now I would get exactly $500 after fees/shipping. Lowest ask on SX for L&F size 11 is $498. With fees and shipping that comes out to $538. So no, I didn't overpay.

I did factor market rate in for the Rebellionaires and Patent Breds. If I sold both (size 11) at the highest bid on SX right now I would get exactly $500 after fees/shipping. Lowest ask on SX for L&F size 11 is $498. With fees and shipping that comes out to $538. So no, I didn't overpay.
I get the mindset of if you sold and what you'd get after fees plus if you bought and had to pay tax/fees/shipping, but honestly, you're still getting the short end. You don't move stuff locally through your fb groups or something? I'm sure there's people willing to pay market prices for both your pairs or at the very least above payout price.

Has anyone sprayed their with water repellant spray and tried wiping off thereafter? Or does spraying change the color as well?
No. I sprayed mine and the colour didn't change. The only colour bleed, and I think with or without the repellant, would be on white laces. I put off white laces in mine and the red is bleeding onto them. But I don't care - I'm wearing them.

No. I sprayed mine and the colour didn't change. The only colour bleed, and I think with or without the repellant, would be on white laces. I put off white laces in mine and the red is bleeding onto them. But I don't care - I'm wearing them.

Thanks for the reply. I've already worn mine, but might spray them. Though the spray needs to be reapplied occasionally, which I never do, so may not be worthwhile.

So I guess this means we gotta treat these like suede and never wear them in the rain or they could be ruined? Really sucks because leather is usually fine in rain.
No. If you wear them in the rain, I'd take the time afterwards to dry them with a clean dry cloth. If they're wet inside, put some newspaper in each shoe to absorb the water/moisture, check in a day if they're dry and if necessary, spray some shoe deodorant. You're good to go.

If there's any red bleeding onto the white panels or midsole, just scrub a bit with the cloth and elbow grease to remove it. If it doesn't, then whatever - it gives them character.

Thanks for the reply. I've already worn mine, but might spray them. Though the spray needs to be reapplied occasionally, which I never do, so may not be worthwhile.
Remember- they're not suede. The upper wouldn't get rough after being exposed to the elements. One-time spray overall and you're good, even the soles. But they get obviously the dirtiest, so really no point in even doing that.

I get the mindset of if you sold and what you'd get after fees plus if you bought and had to pay tax/fees/shipping, but honestly, you're still getting the short end. You don't move stuff locally through your fb groups or something? I'm sure there's people willing to pay market prices for both your pairs or at the very least above payout price.
Could I have netted/saved ~$50? Sure.

Is it worth it to me to spend time posting them locally, messaging back and forth, driving to meet up, etc.? No.

I live in medium sized city. There’s not buyers jumping over each other for these in my area like in LA/NY/CHI/HOU/MIA. Plus I don’t do face to face meetups unless I know you. Too many people get robbed and/or shot over botched shoe deals.

I’m not looking to extract every single penny out of my trade. I’ll pay a few bucks for convenience and safety. But IMO, the trade was fair and I already proved it with actual numbers. Everyone else is just speaking hypothetically.

Like I said, if you're happy, cool. You got what you wanted at the end of the day so it's all gravy. Speaking from my perspective since I've established relationships with people locally and all, it is easier to to move it in person. I get everyone talking about safety - I've met people at police stations if there's that much concern. I don't base squat on SX prices - F that marketplace with their absurd buyer AND seller AND processing fees.

Back
Top Bottom