JAY-Z TAKES A SHOT AT JOE BUDDEN?!!

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I read Cake's analogy. I don't completely agree with it but it does sum it up nicely.

I aint gonna front like Ol Man Jigga wasn't the best rapper in the mainstream at one point in his career.

Even if I did agree that wouldn't translate in to the MJ line.

I aint a sneaker head like that anyway.

Jay-Z is more like Mortal Kombat video games you get hype off of the graphics and ill new fatalities but the shh is really just getting worse
laugh.gif

Huh lol mortal kombat
roll.gif
. He is exactly like the MJ=Jordan brand. At atime he was comming up he was the man to look out for he hit a peak(midstream roc fame ala 96,97.98 championship ala Jordan 11,12,13) had a few good ones somenot so great but nowhere near horrible same as Jordans. And now may not be at his roc status(like jordans arent at the Aj11 12 13 status but still come with adecent product.

Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

I read Cake's analogy. I don't completely agree with it but it does sum it up nicely.

I aint gonna front like Ol Man Jigga wasn't the best rapper in the mainstream at one point in his career.

Jay-Z is more like Mortal Kombat video games you get hype off of the graphics and ill new fatalities but the shh is really just getting worse
laugh.gif

Huh lol mortal kombat
roll.gif
. He is exactly like the MJ=Jordan brand. At a time he was comming up he was the man to look out for he hit a peak(midstream roc fame ala 96,97.98 championship ala Jordan 11,12,13) had a few good ones some not so great but nowhere near horrible same as Jordans. And now may not be at his roc status(like jordans arent at the Aj11 12 13 status but still come with a decent product.

Read what he wrote again...aloud. dude is such a basher...you know what? it dont even matter.

laugh.gif

Huh lol mortal kombat
roll.gif
. He is exactly like the MJ=Jordan brand. At a time he was comming up he was the man to look out for he hit a peak(midstream roc fame ala 96,97.98 championship ala Jordan 11,12,13) had a few good ones some not so great but nowhere near horrible same as Jordans. And now may not be at his roc status(like jordans arent at the Aj11 12 13 status but still come with a decent product.
Why are you goin' so hard yet doing such a piss poor job of stating your point?

My head hurts reading all your posts.

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I mean lets really look at this situation, It be like a ceo of a company wage war with words with the part time janitor.

100% Truth.
roll.gif

Y my man can't work full time?
roll.gif

Lol U got me. Might as well be part time(both probably worth about the same lol).I just dont get iuno when did it become cool 2 be lame. Its like all thesedudes are like im so cool cause i dont like popular things,thus being in the minority(lame) which makes me cool. Ol Man Jigga lol dude is 40,yall act like he85 ah something. Sad thing is if he really is old that makes joey look even more the loser. How can a oldhead be intouch more relevant to the youth than ayounger cat.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

laugh.gif

Huh lol mortal kombat
roll.gif

Ok i will put it into LAMEnt terms so u can understand. Jay Z=Established,sucessfull world renowned artist. Joey=Not Established,unsucessfull internet andbackpackers renown major label reject lyricist.Hope the 3 sentences didnt overload your medula.

Huh lol mortal kombat
roll.gif

1) He's not like MJ the player... he's like his brand of shoes. You spoke out of line about being able to compete with Mike he went out there andshowed you exactly why you should never ever speak his name in vein again, ask Stackhouse. Jay has never done that, he's always turned a deaf ear or usedsubliminals to anyone who's disrespected him, minus that 1song when he felt like he was invinsible, and as a result of that one song and everything itbrought back to him he's reserted back to that same avenue.

2) I don't know if y'all were actually alive or able to comprehend what was going on at the time when Jay hit the scene with RD but I think some ofy'all have his early days confused off of what happened during Vol 2. and after. Jay sat in the shadows of the following in no particular order: B.I.G.Nas, Rae & Ghost, Mobb Deep, Pac, Kast... I mean he was Ill and had flow but nobody was going out of their way to check for him at that time.

3) Like I said he's putting out !%!* is very subpar by the standard he's set for himself as well as in compared to some stuff that otherartist aredropping. Its to the point where I don't even care when or if I hear this album and I never thought I'd ever say that about Shawn. Take that how youwant it.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

2) I don't know if y'all were actually alive or able to comprehend what was going on at the time when Jay hit the scene with RD but I think some of y'all have his early days confused off of what happened during Vol 2. and after. Jay sat in the shadows of the following in no particular order: B.I.G. Nas, Rae & Ghost, Mobb Deep, Pac, Kast... I mean he was Ill and had flow but nobody was going out of their way to check for him at that time

This is true, and one of the reasons y he was
my fave at the time even back then. He was
spittin for real, and there was so much heat
out at the time he was overlooked. Reason
being y he felt he had to re-release RD. Still
dont think Vol. 2 lives up to RD or Vol. 1....

If he was really that dude, he would of took
over from album one instead of 3, when the
scene started to cool off. Not to mention plenty
of other rappers not liking dude, Pac being 1 of
them, and he always has some Pac lines in his
mouth.

Im sure he still has it, but he's just not usin it.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

laugh.gif

Huh lol mortal kombat
roll.gif

Ok i will put it into LAMEnt terms so u can understand. Jay Z=Established,sucessfull world renowned artist. Joey=Not Established,unsucessfull internet and backpackers renown major label reject lyricist.Hope the 3 sentences didnt overload your medula.
Again, what are you really trying to say? Like you just stated, Jay is major, Budden is not. We get that. Jay had no reason for throwing hislittle jab at Joey when the rift between them hadn't been visited for a couple years now yet you reppin' Jay extremely hard when he instigated allthis. It's like you just typing ++!! that's common knowledge to EVERYBODY for the sake of typing.

2) I don't know if y'all were actually alive or able to comprehend what was going on at the time when Jay hit the scene with RD but I think some of y'all have his early days confused off of what happened during Vol 2. and after. Jay sat in the shadows of the following in no particular order: B.I.G. Nas, Rae & Ghost, Mobb Deep, Pac, Kast...

I hear what your saying, not just in this statement but other statements as well. However, regarding this statement above, it's not about how fast youstart out of the gate, but how you finish the race. Not just in music per say but in life.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

2) I don't know if y'all were actually alive or able to comprehend what was going on at the time when Jay hit the scene with RD but I think some of y'all have his early days confused off of what happened during Vol 2. and after. Jay sat in the shadows of the following in no particular order: B.I.G. Nas, Rae & Ghost, Mobb Deep, Pac, Kast... I mean he was Ill and had flow but nobody was going out of their way to check for him at that time

This is true, and one of the reasons y he was
my fave at the time even back then. He was
spittin for real, and there was so much heat
out at the time he was overlooked. Reason
being y he felt he had to re-release RD. Still
dont think Vol. 2 lives up to RD or Vol. 1....
QFE

2) I don't know if y'all were actually alive or able to comprehend what was going on at the time when Jay hit the scene with RD but I think some of y'all have his early days confused off of what happened during Vol 2. and after. Jay sat in the shadows of the following in no particular order: B.I.G. Nas, Rae & Ghost, Mobb Deep, Pac, Kast...

I hear what your saying, not just in this statement but other statements as well. However, regarding this statement above, it's not about how fast you start out of the gate, but how you finish the race. Not just in music per say but in life.

I'm not sure if you were actually paying attention to what you read so I'll just type it out, each of those segments were in response to a boldedline in the comment that I quoted. That one went with the fact that he stated that he was the man to look out for when he 1st came out with RD. Thereforewhile real it may be, it has no relevance to what was said, similiar to y'all always bringing up how much he sold when talking about potential battlebetwen him an another artist.

I hear what your saying, not just in this statement but other statements as well. However, regarding this statement above, it's not about how fast you start out of the gate, but how you finish the race. Not just in music per say but in life.

I'm not sure if you were actually paying attention to what you read so I'll just type it out, each of those segments were in response to a bolded line in the comment that I quoted. That one went with the fact that he stated that he was the man to look out for when he 1st came out with RD. Therefore while real it may be, it has no relevance to what was said, similiar to y'all always bringing up how much he sold when talking about potential battle betwen him an another artist.

I understand everything you stated and the purpose behind it completely, HOWEVER that still doesn't change my response to YOUR statement. Nothing wasmissed on my end.

It comes down to jay not putting out classic material anymore... I grew up in the 90s and I bought RD... When it came out. I was only 14 but that LP made mewish I was older... TBA is where he shouldve really stopped. I was a little disappinted with kingdom come and nt's very own classic AG. There are hot songson both albums but the actual quality of music isn't where it once was.

Joey has been makin new music and it's refreshing to me cuz some of his joints aren't the best but the effort is there and I respect. Hov is bored as abusiness man and he needs to be humbled/ethered to get that inspiration back.

Features from Rhianna , kanye , drake , and ABC producers aren't gonna make that magic comeback

Jb=jz on so many levels

Originally Posted by devildog1776

It comes down to jay not putting out classic material anymore... I grew up in the 90s and I bought RD... When it came out. I was only 14 but that LP made me wish I was older... TBA is where he shouldve really stopped. I was a little disappinted with kingdom come and nt's very own classic AG. There are hot songs on both albums but the actual quality of music isn't where it once was.

Joey has been makin new music and it's refreshing to me cuz some of his joints aren't the best but the effort is there and I respect. Hov is bored as a business man and he needs to be humbled/ethered to get that inspiration back.

Features from Rhianna , kanye , drake , and ABC producers aren't gonna make that magic comeback

Jb=jz on so many levels

Very true with the exception of the whole joe budden is equal part. But the thing is he doesnt need to put out a stellar album. For what he has proven he candrop a classic album. The reason I said he was like Jordan Brand,ironically look at us on a page NikeTalk.Nike hasnt dropped any real dope shoes since godknows when,yet we still on this page, and we still support buy the products. They are one in the same. They dont have to prove anything just like Jay doesntthey can come up with halfed a@# products(janky not so good quality,remakes of remakes of remake classic shoes).And yet people still buzzin still talking aboutit still looking out for them. Ive yet to see or understand how can joe be on jay z level in so many aspects.Other then both being from up north both been ondef jam both being black thats is about it.

Joey has been makin new music and it's refreshing to me cuz some of his joints aren't the best but the effort is there and I respect.

Effort without rewards is worthless.

Seriously how are they equal. One is a global icon and a rap/pop artist. The other is a underachieving lyricist(a good one but still). I cant even really comeup with a fair comparison. Maybe the Nike line with diadoras or tretons ah something.

Seriously how are they equal. One is a global icon and a rap/pop artist. The other is a underachieving lyricist(a good one but still). I cant even really come up with a fair comparison. Maybe the Nike line with diadoras or tretons ah something.

Classic fallback/trump card of Jay fans. Nobody is talking about his life outside of his tracks, we could give a $%%% less about that seeing as how it affectnone of us. People are talking on strictly rapping ability...as far as that's concern... Joey as of right now is better than Jay is showing.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Joe would beat Jay in a battle now
Are you serious?? Just take a look at Joey's most recent events. Let's just say it's been a year to forget about as far as Joey isconcerned. Jay or any other rapper for that matter has more than enough material to make Joey wave the white flag.................AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom