JAY-Z TAKES A SHOT AT JOE BUDDEN?!!

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

cmoneymontana wrote:
Because Jay on a bad day is still better then 90% of the rap game.

I see people give Joey way to much props on here, its ridiculous.

If he was as half as good as people on here "claim" him to be, why is he not selling?

Joe and Fab came out around the same time, and were regulars on Clue mixtapes from 2000-2002.

So he has been around for years, but has yet to put together a good complete album.

Do you honestly really believe talent dictate sales???

No, but Sales dictate how many people actually give a $*%! about what you say
laugh.gif

Which says what really? Mogs want to hear Ricky Bobby and $*$+ of that nature... Money was talking about whether or not Joey was as nice as people made him outto be and trying to use record sells as a way of justifying his talent or lack there of.

Please tell me this is not gonna be on BP3 %*$ is this crap I just listened to?
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

This shhh is terrible. I literally face palmed throughout the first two verses. Not even gonna mention the hook like this is not album material Sean. Then this "shot" at Joe what is he even saying? He want Joe to diss him in a button up? Like is he trying to say something about class or professionalism or attire?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i said the same thing when it finished playing. i wont EVERbe playing that track

If joey was so irrellavent Hova wouldn't have said squat... Joey got everybody buzzing . He's on the MTV list and he ain't even on a major...Jiggaman feel a little way bout that cuz(correct me if I'm wrong), joey had a better percentage than him

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by Master Zik
My _, you're one of the people he's talking about.
laugh.gif

And I'm just calling it how I see it, no biases here...
laugh.gif
But I'm not
indifferent.gif
Maybe you can explain how I fit that description. If you really callingit how you see it go get ya eyes checked.

Don't confuse being heated or upset for being disappointed and disgusted.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

If joey was so irrellavent Hova wouldn't have said squat... Joey got everybody buzzing . He's on the MTV list and he ain't even on a major... Jiggaman feel a little way bout that cuz(correct me if I'm wrong), joey had a better percentage than him

He is irrellevant,thus why Jay Z didnt mention his name. Your average rap/hip hop fan(the people who actually purchase cds) Arent into subliminal disses andtaking shots at artist. Jay Z is smart he is jabbin at joey to stay relevant with the so call real fans, the true hip hop fans(aka the massive downloaders,thewebsite bloggers.)Trust only thing about joey buzzin is his cell phone(have u seen the sales of slaughterhouse)And im a fan.Trust if some1 like lil wayne wentin on him etc he would respond even if it was a just a full bar. He would mention him in interviews etc.

Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

If joey was so irrellavent Hova wouldn't have said squat... Joey got everybody buzzing . He's on the MTV list and he ain't even on a major... Jiggaman feel a little way bout that cuz(correct me if I'm wrong), joey had a better percentage than him

He is irrellevant,thus why Jay Z didnt mention his name. Your average rap/hip hop fan(the people who actually purchase cds) Arent into subliminal disses and taking shots at artist. Jay Z is smart he is jabbin at joey to stay relevant with the so call real fans, the true hip hop fans(aka the massive downloaders,the website bloggers.)Trust only thing about joey buzzin is his cell phone(have u seen the sales of slaughterhouse)And im a fan.Trust if some1 like lil wayne went in on him etc he would respond even if it was a just a full bar. He would mention him in interviews etc.
just stop typing
tired.gif

please

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

^he's the biggest rap icon living, obviously his moves generate the most attention....

Not really....let NT tell it and Wayne/Kanye are the biggest rap icons living. Before Graduation dropped on here there was a massive post on here with everyone co-signing that Kanye was WAY bigger than Jay-Z in the game.

I just don't understand how damn near after every Jay song on here leaks...the general consensus is..."wack...he needs to hang it up...I'm not checking for (insert upcoming album here)" and then every other following thread about him is 5+ pages.

How come anyone else making wack music doesn't get that type of attention? I mean you can even look at how Nas is talked about on here. I would think that most on here would either rank him above Jay or at least equal on here...yet when he drops a project...there's just NOT this much discussion towards it.

Basically what I'm saying is...if this man has fallen off...why is everyone still checking for him?

Honestly, its more about his name than anything these days. He's like Jordan Brand, his material in the past was so good that consumers constantly check for him regardless of if his last effort was weak or not hoping for something classic.

Thats %*$$!* crazy... I used the same EXACT comparison in another Jay Z barber shop discussion just this past weekend
laugh.gif

I'm actually surprised more people on this site have made this comparision all factors considering. Its not like he trash or anything close to it, he just knows that his name will sell itself therefore quality isn't as important as it once was especially in todays climate. However for someone (or something in keeping up with the analogy of the brand) that was held in such high regard for being head and shoulders above 98% of their peers to now produce a product that is in the same vein as everything else out and to a certain extent below quite a few other products (in this case artist) its only natural for to expect to hear these types of gripes or criticisms.

But maybe thats just my logic.

Nah, you on point. Actually, that's a perfect analogy.

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

He is irrellevant,thus why Jay Z didnt mention his name. Your average rap/hip hop fan(the people who actually purchase cds) Arent into subliminal disses and taking shots at artist. Jay Z is smart he is jabbin at joey to stay relevant with the so call real fans, the true hip hop fans(aka the massive downloaders,the website bloggers.)Trust only thing about joey buzzin is his cell phone(have u seen the sales of slaughterhouse)And im a fan.Trust if some1 like lil wayne went in on him etc he would respond even if it was a just a full bar. He would mention him in interviews etc.
just stop typing
tired.gif

please

Maybe u should please explain how Joey is relevant. In any aspect of music. Jay Z will ship more albums than the boy joey has sold. The only thing popular ppltalking about him for is gettin snuffed by rae. This dude has no video no advertisment nuttin. Why would he be scared to battle joey,actually it makes nosense. Just like a famous line says "if i shoot u im brainless,and if u shoot me,well thatyll make u famous." Ok even if Jay z battled him andlost,who would even be aware of it,or even care. The 18,000 fans who bought the album are just a small very insignificant drop in the bucket to the 100-200 orso fans who will buy BP3 just in the debut week.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
But I'm not
indifferent.gif
Maybe you can explain how I fit that description. If you really calling it how you see it go get ya eyes checked.

You really gonna try and sit there and say you don't go in every Jay thread with the criticism that son was talking about?

My man...you coined the term "Ol Man Jigga". Your opinion of the man has been vociferous since '07. ("did he really just sayvociferous?"...Yeah, I did
pimp.gif
)

It's alright b, I could care less if you hate the _ or not. I'm not one of them other dudes.
laugh.gif

Like Cage said in the BP3 thread,
Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Just stopped in to say that everytime Jay has an album droppin' and a couple of the cuts leak, the same s/ns on NT have the same arguments year after year...
!#%! is like clockwork.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
But I'm not
indifferent.gif
Maybe you can explain how I fit that description. If you really calling it how you see it go get ya eyes checked.

You really gonna try and sit there and say you don't go in every Jay thread with the criticism that son was talking about?

My man...you coined the term "Ol Man Jigga". Your opinion of the man has been vociferous since '07. ("did he really just say vociferous?"...Yeah, I did
pimp.gif
)

It's alright b, I could care less if you hate the _ or not. I'm not one of them other dudes.
laugh.gif

Like Cage said in the BP3 thread,
Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Just stopped in to say that everytime Jay has an album droppin' and a couple of the cuts leak, the same s/ns on NT have the same arguments year after year...
!#%! is like clockwork.
So fam we can't criticize music now or if I happen to do it with Ol Man Jigga it's a problem? I'm going off his post with the claimsof upset dudes and them getting heated by the day every time an album is about to drop.

Where is that in this thread?

Yea I coined the term
laugh.gif
but it's just a joke. Tell me where the hateis?
Originally Posted by Deuce King

Dudes in here upset cause Jay took a shot at an already irrelevant rapper. You can tell Blueprint 3 is right around the corner, dudes are getting heated by the day.
Like I said

Honestly tho, only reason I came in this thread was to hear the Budden line but I felt it wouldn't be fair if I didn't listen to the whole song. I was mistaken.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

^he's the biggest rap icon living, obviously his moves generate the most attention....

Not really....let NT tell it and Wayne/Kanye are the biggest rap icons living. Before Graduation dropped on here there was a massive post on here with everyone co-signing that Kanye was WAY bigger than Jay-Z in the game.

I just don't understand how damn near after every Jay song on here leaks...the general consensus is..."wack...he needs to hang it up...I'm not checking for (insert upcoming album here)" and then every other following thread about him is 5+ pages.

How come anyone else making wack music doesn't get that type of attention? I mean you can even look at how Nas is talked about on here. I would think that most on here would either rank him above Jay or at least equal on here...yet when he drops a project...there's just NOT this much discussion towards it.

Basically what I'm saying is...if this man has fallen off...why is everyone still checking for him?

Honestly, its more about his name than anything these days. He's like Jordan Brand, his material in the past was so good that consumers constantly check for him regardless of if his last effort was weak or not hoping for something classic.

Thats %*$$!* crazy... I used the same EXACT comparison in another Jay Z barber shop discussion just this past weekend
laugh.gif

I'm actually surprised more people on this site have made this comparision all factors considering. Its not like he trash or anything close to it, he just knows that his name will sell itself therefore quality isn't as important as it once was especially in todays climate. However for someone (or something in keeping up with the analogy of the brand) that was held in such high regard for being head and shoulders above 98% of their peers to now produce a product that is in the same vein as everything else out and to a certain extent below quite a few other products (in this case artist) its only natural for to expect to hear these types of gripes or criticisms.

Jay Z=Jordan Brand, period. He is no longer a artist he is a brand and like both had some greats some good and some bad.Both will sell just offwhat it once was and the few gems they drop/release presently.

This would be like watchin Ali and Tyson fight present day....sad. You know wat it couldve been but now who really cares?

Joey got everybody buzzing

LOL. The only thing Joey has going for him right now is a black eye, not exactly something to brag about.

Who exactly are you trying to fool champ, yourself?? Cause the rest of us aint buying that weak excuse on your end.

Originally Posted by CashBanks

This would be like watchin Ali and Tyson fight present day....sad. You know wat it couldve been but now who really cares?

lol moreso like tyson and buster douglas, cause joey aint the tyson of rap and he dam 4sure isnt the ali of rap lol

One of my favorite Budden shots to Jay, "Are we hustlin' or are we grown up? Every time I hear you you switchin ya tone up". So true tho.....

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Who exactly are you trying to fool champ, yourself?? Cause the rest of us aint buying that weak excuse on your end.
Maybe you take this $@!% to seriously or got the wrong idea about some ppl in here. What is there to be upset or heated about?

Posting an opinion doesn't take much effort or emotion unless you count me
laugh.gif
Aint nobody trying to fool anyone tho think what you want. I'll just respond accordigly or maybe you should payme no mind, make use of that ignore feature or something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

that _ right there would take multiple bullets for jay...

lil _ prolly teared up at the end of the 99 Problems video... On some "Only if I would've been there" type vibe
smh.gif

Why are people even entertaining this bum lol. Dude said Jigga is afraid of him lol. I mean really Joey video playing for 10 seconds in the back of wild outwednesday step competition is the most exposer hes seen in like damn near 7 8 yrs lol(that and gettin his card pull by rae). I mean lets really look at thissituation, It be like a ceo of a company wage war with words with the part time janitor. Like i said before he just took a slight jab just to get thebloggers,the backpackers, the people who live breath rap like its a lifestyle,the people who 90% of there music collection comes from downloads, approval likehey look at me just cause im close to a billionaire im still street i can still get down if i wanna. Point blank period he has absolutely no reason to fearthis man. What can joey do to him? End his career lol,wedge in between him and beyonce lol. Use his muscle and weight and respect he has gained in the industryby constantly putting out platinum plus albums lol and get him blackballed from the industry.

da jay stans don't realize that da internet has leveled da playing field..so joe budden is definitely on jay-z's radar.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

da jay stans don't realize that da internet has leveled da playing field..so joe budden is definitely on jay-z's radar.

How are they even, they not even on the same planet.I dont see how u can say even playing field. What does the internet has to do with it, if anything it hurtsjoey cause he might actually have maybe 100,000 fans,only 20,000 are buying his album the other 80 is d/l it and listenin 2 it as the hop turnpikes backpackthru the city. If no internet he might would actually get those 100,000 sales. Again i ask lets say joey murders jay on the mic. What would happen? Would jaylose his interest in the Nets? Would beyonce leave him? Would his 500+ million dollars disappear? Would they strip him of all his platinum plaques, andconfiscate all his awards and accolades?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

laugh.gif

I disagree whole heartedly BTW...but if thats the case, lets get a co sign out of Zik and Illuztrious cause yall would also sayin that he is "the MikeJordan of the mic recordins"
roll.gif

Mike Jordan of this Rap S!!! or at one time he was the Jordan and there's no way the haters is havin that.

I read Cake's analogy. I don't completely agree with it but it does sum it up nicely.

I aint gonna front like Ol Man Jigga wasn't the best rapper in the mainstream at one point in his career.

Even if I did agree that wouldn't translate in to the MJ line.

I aint a sneaker head like that anyway.

Jay-Z is more like Mortal Kombat video games you get hype off of the graphics and ill new fatalities but the shh is really just getting worse
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom