Is Cam wrong VOL.....ROUTES

I think it's relatively agreed upon that it was a shortsighted comment once you evaluate the context of who she is and why she's there

I think what's rubbing people the wrong way is that he made an innocent comment too fast bc chicks typically dont give a damn about football (and nothing he says implied she's too stupid to know about "routes", it just wasnt the question he was expecting from her) and now he's being made out to be something completely different than what his intentions were when he said that...and ppl know that but love to look down on people especially a public figure/entertainer and a black cocky one @ that
It was not an innocent comment. She has been working in position for over a year, he has seen her for over a year, even though she was a beat writer that has been able to keep the job for extended period of time. There are women on every major sports channel talking football. So I'm not buying the he was surprised excuse. I don't accept ignorance as an excuse for sexism, just like I don't for racism.

Cam even realizes this, yet you guys still caping for this half stepper.

It was not an innocent comment. She has been working in position for over a year, he has seen her for over a year, even though she was a beat writer that has been able to keep the job for extended period of time. There are women on every major sports channel talking football. So I'm not by he was surprised excuse. I don't accept ignorance as an excuse for sexism, just like I don't for racism.

Cam even realizes this, yet you guys still caping for this half stepper.

so let's assume it does come from a sexist place

do you think cam is implying she is too dumb to know what a football route is

racism is rooted in hate for another race or thinking another race is inferior

what is the sexism here rooted in... that a dimwitted bra warmer such as herself couldn't possibly understand the complex intricacies of a football route?

Oh I definitely thought you were mocking people in here who've been critical of Cam.

Mocking people hard leaning in either direction. Clearly a sexist comment given the basis of it being a stereotype whether he meant women don't understand or reporters don't understand (clearly BS explanation he tried to give her). But then there's people like he hates women and should be suspended and blah blah. Doin too damn much.

Middle ground is hard to find on the internet. If you don't agree with me you're wrong, period :lol:

You

If you want to quote the dudes that said things just like that in thread regarding this, I would be happy to say the same about their comments.

But for right now, it is just you.

I very clearly stated there's tweets, IG posts, and articles with it in there. I can go get some links if you wanna contact them, I'm sure they'd enjoy your input.

I very clearly stated there's tweets, IG posts, and articles with it in there. I can go get some links if you wanna contact them, I'm sure they'd enjoy your input.

I made a comment about what dudes are posting in here. And your comeback is "welp....other people on the internet"

I'll save my breath for people in this thread famb. But thanks.

And I am back to where I started, being amazed by the mental gymnastics dudes are performing to downplay Cam's buffoonery.

Middle ground is hard to find on the internet. If you don't agree with me you're wrong, period
Actually why I'm not even bothering to engage in this thread anymore. Dudes doing too much with the rage judgments. Dead *** swear I seen a ***** in hear calling folks house ****** caping for a racist white chick because anyone with fairly decent intellectual ability can see it was a sexist comment and he should have avoided it. I got no time for that ********, people don't have conversations like that in real life.

A public apology should have been the end of it, but he's losing money and sponsorships. Dudes like Cam that play the both sides **** need lessons like this though, hope they take away the right things from it. That side you pander to will turn on you in an instant.

what is the sexism here rooted in... that a dimwitted bra warmer such as herself couldn't possibly understand the complex intricacies of a football route?

Can someone answer this? Is this what the argument is about? Us protecting the idea/changing the stereotype that women are smart enough to know football rules?

That's what we're mad about tho?

37kQn7D.jpg

Again

Is it possible to think ALL of these or do I have to pick one

A. Think he is wrong
B. She needs to be checked for her racist views
C. This is overblown
No one is forcing you to do anything famb.

Treat like chocolate covered Oreos and make your own decision.

I made a comment about what dudes are posting in here. And your comeback is "welp....other people on the internet"

I'll save my breath for people in this thread famb. But thanks.

And I am back to where I started, being amazed by the mental gymnastics dudes are performing to downplay Cam's buffoonery.

And I said this before you made that comment.

There's multiple articles, tweets, instagram posts calling him a misogynist for what he said. His comment def came off sexist though :lol:

It was people on the internet from the jump, I didn't switch up for you :lol: you want them @'s or nah?

Racism doesn't only take on that form. It also takes the form of ignorant stereotypes

It is racist to assume that black men are lazier

It is racist to assume they are prone to violence

It is racist to assume black women are more promiscuous

It is racist to assume a black player can't handle the mental demands of playing QB or on the Other line.

If someone verbalizes that they are surprised that a black man is bit confirming to a stereotype, negative social norm, or showing competency as a white dominated field, the they just made a racist comment.

And if someone acts surprised and dismissive at a woman showing competency at a usually male dominated field, especially when you have evidence that should inform you that it should not be surprised, then they just made a sexism comment.

I am not calling Cam a sexist or misogynist from jut this. I am judging his words and actions in context. And his actions, in context, were sexist.

As with racist and prejudice/bigotry, people use the words sexist and misogynistic TOO interchangeably

Man's in here pandering for white folk talmbout sexist and demeaning. They are here pumping up these racist Susan B Anthony's talking bout they would like to see another black brother not lose it all, but enough to warn the rest of us to sharpen up when master talk you. What kind of Uncle Ruckus **** is that. What he said came off wrong, but I doubt he meant anything by it. Shorty started crying wolf trying to build up her own national acclaim to be that white female reporter who was shamed for asking a football question only for her own blatant racist posts to come out. Cams was questionable, but hers was so blatant there was nothing to question, yet y'all are in here caping for her. Stop that tap dancing for massah ****. Ole local hood politician eating the scraps from the white man table ***.

Man's in here pandering for white folk talmbout sexist and demeaning. They are here pumping up these racist Susan B Anthony's talking bout they would like to see another black brother not lose it all, but enough to warn the rest of us to sharpen up when master talk you. What kind of Uncle Ruckus **** is that. What he said came off wrong, but I doubt he meant anything by it. Shorty started crying wolf trying to build up her own national acclaim to be that white female reporter who was shamed for asking a football question only for her own blatant racist posts to come out. Cams was questionable, but hers was so blatant there was nothing to question, yet y'all are in here caping for her. Stop that tap dancing for massah ****. Ole local hood politician eating the scraps from the white man table ***.
lzsH3.gif

LOL this type of thinking actually harms the movement against racism. Many other forms of bigotry homophobia, sexism, religious bigotry all have ties to racism....so nah, we can't prioritize. A lot of black men use this tactic (not saying you do), but a lot do because deep down they want to remove their own bigoted views from causes they deem worthy of fighting for.
Barack-Obama-Clapping-in-Front-of-American-Flags.gif

Talk to 'em

Serious question, why is it acceptable for the president to be sexist but not an NFL player ?

Back
Top Bottom