Is apu a racist character?? VOL...THE PROBLEM WITH APU

Funny thing is if I had time to waste I'd quote every fool in here being sensitive about something that offended them, yet they can so easily dictate how others should feel about something that offends them.
What happens when you can't find that sensitivity you're looking for though? Everybody isn't sensitive about this stuff or too much of anything. Whats you're comeback for that person?

There's plenty of dope unfiltered comedy out there by the way, political incorrectness is safe, chill with the "fake outrage" fake outrage.

But I'll leave it at this, is it as difficult to be empathetic and listen to others complaints before making a condescending judgment? If it is, why do you expect those in power to listen when it's your turn?

How is posting on a message board fake outrage tho? You keep talking like I’m in distress over this when the reality is I just happen to have time today cuz.

I learned a long time ago it’s not my place to tell others what to be offended by or how to feel about certain things. I am actually thankful for NT because it’s put me on to so much game when it comes to these types of issues.

But when cats take my OPINION about a character on a CARTOON TV SHOW and stretch that to being cool with blackface...I mean you have to understand how you looking just as crazy as the nuts on the right.

And the central argument of the documentary that kicked off this debate says is exactly that.

That Apu has been offensive for a good while, and as a result, been used to bully and insult Indian American children and people for decades.
Children will find reasons to bully kids other than a character on TV. When there's a TV sitcom, chances are, there will be crude characters.

How is posting on a message board fake outrage tho? You keep talking like I’m in distress over this when the reality is I just happen to have time today cuz.

I learned a long time ago it’s not my place to tell others what to be offended by or how to feel about certain things. I am actually thankful for NT because it’s put me on to so much game when it comes to these types of issues.

But when cats take my OPINION about a character on a CARTOON TV SHOW and stretch that to being cool with blackface...I mean you have to understand how you looking just as crazy as the nuts on the right.

You realize you're not the only poster here right? Also don't know what the **** blackface you're on about.

What happens when you can't find that sensitivity you're looking for though? Everybody isn't sensitive about this stuff or too much of anything. Whats you're comeback for that person?
This is way too pointless for me to engage. I'm not that bored.

Usually the ppl complaining about others being sensitive are the most sensitive so it's doubtful there isn't some evidence of them complaining about something elsewhere.

4A595221-D04D-47C3-A5B1-3E0E19E9691E.png

If they are removing him then i think that's their attempt at sending a message. They could easily grow his character, but their pride won't allow that so they'll just kill him off.

Usually the ppl complaining about others being sensitive are the most sensitive so it's doubtful there isn't some evidence of them complaining about something elsewhere.
That still doesn't answer the question though even though you're most likely correct.

As you make a sassy reply while seriously using the word sassy...
Nope not sassy at all just truth. You claimed you don't have time or are bored but had enough time to post that basura? I'm just saying if you don't have time and or think I'm beneath your online greatness cool. It is no harm in that to me but posting sassy stuff just to post after claiming you're better than that is definitely sassy my man.

That still doesn't answer the question though even though you're most likely correct.
If they don't have anything to quote on NT exposing them complaining then simply address their advocacy for racism directly.

Cuz that's all it really is. All that ignoring and denying that an Indian person has an issue with Apu and drowning it in liberals being too pc is just bull ****.

This is literally what you are doing in here.

And people are just trying to point out how your logic has flaws

You are just being dense to make this "both sides" reach.

Children will find reasons to bully kids other than a character on TV. When there's a TV sitcom, chances are, there will be crude characters.
And, so?

The victims of the bullying have no right to call out the source material of these negative stereotypes their bullies used?

This is literally what you are doing in here.

And people are just trying to point out how your logic has flaws

You are just being dense to make this "both sides" reach.

So to be clear, you are taking my opinion on the problem with APU and stretching that to condoning blackface.
No part of you that thinks that’s a reach?

It’s not about homie being offended or downplaying his struggles as an Indian man in America. It’s about looking to the Simpsons as having any type of social responsibility towards any particular group.

I mean, we might as well clean up rap music while we at it.

How’s that for a hot take?

Last edited:
If they don't have anything to quote on NT exposing them complaining then simply address their advocacy for racism directly.

Cuz that's all it really is. All that ignoring and denying that an Indian person has an issue with Apu and drowning it in liberals being too pc is just bull ****.
Its bs to you. To others they think what you think is bs. I think that's always the problem no matter what side you're on on these issues. As a whole we can't let the other have their views without it being a problem. That will always lead to this back and forth we always have in these type of discussions. That's just me but we all have different views on a given subject.

The Simpsons have made

So to be clear, you are taking my opinion on the problem with APU and stretching that to condoning blackface.
No part of you that thinks that’s a reach?
I did no such thing. Don't peddle a strawman because my argument seemingly went over your head

I used blackface to show how your logic falls apart applied to a different example. When I quoted @shotsrangout I was hoping you would see one could use your same argument to excuse seemingly stereotypes, ones which have come to a near consensus that are vile.

Your whole argument is about criticizing so-called PC Police objecting to negative stereotypes pushed by white people. So I asked if this rule is universal if any racial or ethnic group should keep quiet when they see white people indulging in racial buffoonery. And blackface was an example. Since you are not cool with blackface it is safe to say that you believe a line should be drawn somewhere. You, just like this PC Police you complain about both agree something can be so offensive to the point feel people should not engage in it, and folk have a right to be upset at.

The only difference is that you thing Apu should fly, and blackface should not. Your objection is not on principle, instead, you just have an issue at where the line is being drawn. And since some draw the line in a place you don't like, you then compare them to a bunch of truly unprincipled reactionaries.

Like M Mark Antony pointed out the folk that rage about so-called liberal PC culture is often times way more reactionary that the people making objections about racial stereotypes. They just don't want to admit it because they lose the high ground they just claimed in the discussion.

Last edited:
I thought the Bee character was based on something from actual TV at the time

Yeah, he was based on a cricket character who was on a pan Hispanic network. Ironically, the guy who played the cricket was reputed as a good actor who did a lot of dramatic roles but in Latin America, he'll always be known for his role as that goofy cricket.

Its bs to you.
If you ignore facts to make generalized statements that have no support or basis in reality that's bull ****.

To others they think what you think is bs.
People who ignore facts and make up **** are bull ****ters.

Liberals and them being too PC has nothing to do with this. If you choose to assume it does or count it as yet another example of that while ignoring the details of this specific issue that's on you. Its pretty transparent when you have to conflate it with Halloween costumes

If you ignore facts to make generalized statements that have no support or basis in reality that's bull ****.

People who ignore facts and make up **** are bull ****ters.
Ok and what does that change about folks think people on the other side no matter what side you're on thinks the other is full of it? It changes nothing.

Ok and what does that change about folks think people on the other side no matter what side you're on thinks the other is full of it? It changes nothing.
Why do you think this is about change in general? Let alone changing them?

I don't really think those ppl matter or count. I call it for what it is and move on. A spade is a spade. If dudes want to proudly be about bull **** okay. Change is a choice.

The flow of history always leans progressive.

They'll either adapt accordingly or eventually shut up and stop trying to impede progress.

This isn't about making everyone agree. I'm not under some foolish assumption that all racists are going to stop being racist.

Correct...the line should be drawn somewhere.
Of all tv shows, the Simpsons is not where I draw the line.

The homie that started the whole thing is admittedly a big fan of the Simpsons. So he is cool with all other crude jokes targeting other groups on the show and he drew his line at Apu?

I’m all for progressing non white characters in entertainment but I’m not going to check the Simpsons to serve as the line for things to be PC.
If that’s the hill dudes want to die on, all the power in the world to them.

Back
Top Bottom