Is apu a racist character?? VOL...THE PROBLEM WITH APU

If you're Latinx, Chicanx or indigenous, I won't tell you how you should feel.

What I will say is that the Mexican Bee seems to be part a broader critique of the pablum that is mass media or at least television in Springfield. The English language shows in the Simpsons Universe are trash so why not show the local version of telemundo in the same way as the Anglo stations.
I thought the Bee character was based on something from actual TV at the time

I don't even think it was ppl deciding to be offended.

An Indian dude pointed out how offensive it was then the Simpson's creator and writer and voice actor guy all gave bull **** responses and reactions to it making it seem they're low-key advocating racism.

I watch the news all the time, pa.
Donestic terrorism is a real thing that needs to be addressed. People on the right do nothing but lie, and try to control the narrative to fit their agenda and rule by constantly instilling fear.

While I am aware of all of this, I can also be aware enough to know that the PC police is getting out of hand. Wether it’s about APU or the long list of Halloween costumes that we want to outrage for, we have to remember it is the people on the right that are the crazy ones.

Apu owns a damn 7-11 in a cartoon show where a dad has been choking his son for decades. Why can’t we let a cartoon show be a cartoon show?

The creators of the show are botching this whole thing by killing him off rather than evolving him but IMO this **** was such a non-issue from the start that I don’t even know why we got to this point.

So YES - I am going to put this one on liberals. Cause we all know that the white man don’t give a damn about any stereotypes being enforced by an Indian character on a tv show.

What about Cletus, the Slack-Jawed Yokel, he gonna get da axe too?

I read this in Cletus' voice :lol:.

And it's not only getting rid of him because of the stereotypical nature of the character, it was the fact that he was an Indian character voiced by a white person, albeit a very talented voice actor. And it was the way it was decided how he would be voiced was the other half of the issue that was raised in the argument.

You have not been following this story, have you?

Because this is not how this debate got started.

It is hilarious to me that you are trying to mock someone for coming in at the 11th hour with criticism, but you are in fact one doing so regarding this debate. :lol:
It's well-known dude was an offensive character for decades. I just wasn't expecting them to get rid of his character altogether. If they're gonna drop him, they might as well just get rid of all the other stereotypical guys, as well.

Donestic terrorism is a real thing that needs to be addressed. People on the right do nothing but lie, and try to control the narrative to fit their agenda and rule by constantly instilling fear.

While I am aware of all of this, I can also be aware enough to know that the PC police is getting out of hand. Wether it’s about APU or the long list of Halloween costumes that we want to outrage for, we have to remember it is the people on the right that are the crazy ones.

Apu owns a damn 7-11 in a cartoon show where a dad has been choking his son for decades. Why can’t we let a cartoon show be a cartoon show?

The creators of the show are botching this whole thing by killing him off rather than evolving him but IMO this **** was such a non-issue from the start that I don’t even know why we got to this point.

So YES - I am going to put this one on liberals. Cause we all know that the white man don’t give a damn about any stereotypes being enforced by an Indian character on a tv show.

And your life is ruined now right? Tell us about it.

You clearly don't because it is always hot take central with you.

There is no PC police demanding Apu being taken off the air. The person that started this made a documentary about how the character fueled bullying toward him and other Indian Americans growing up. Why are people like you ignoring this? So if I as a black man make a documentary about negative stereotype white people peddled, that directly fueled bullying towards me as a kid, I'm doing too much? That is out of bounds? Should I let them cook on blackface, and saying the n-word, or saying black people are lazy or have a culture of poverty, more recently I should not care about Kaep being blackballed. Should Asian people like stereotypes cook. I guess Latinos should just let Trump cook then.

So in all, just like the white man cook, right?

No one woke up one day and decided this was offensive and had to be stopped. You can keep framing it like that to make some weak argument fly, but that is not the case

He was not just demanding Apu being axed. At the minimum, they were demanding an adult response from the producers, and they could not even deliver on that.

Last edited:
And your life is ruined now right? Tell us about it.

I thought this was a discussion board where we discuss things?
Let me know if I’m in the wrong place.

Ya stupid as **** if anyone here thought I was going to defend blackface.

From where I’m sitting, dudes is sounding extreme as hell with the conclusions cats is jumping to.

:rolleyes

You ruin everything. Now he’s for sure not going to say that
Sorry pa, I messed up...

tenor.gif

I thought this was a discussion board where we discuss things?
Let me know if I’m in the wrong place.

Ya stupid as **** if anyone here thought I was going to defend blackface.

From where I’m sitting, dudes is sounding extreme as hell with the conclusions cats is jumping to.
So tell us more about these fake outrage holloween costumes

It's well-known dude was an offensive character for decades. I just wasn't expecting them to get rid of his character altogether. If they're gonna drop him, they might as well just get rid of all the other stereotypical guys, as well.
And the central argument of the documentary that kicked off this debate says is exactly that.

That Apu has been offensive for a good while, and as a result, been used to bully and insult Indian American children and people for decades.

I guess they want him to go to med school and become a doctor.
This video sums up how i feel about this
This is true and what happens mainly online. These discussions offline go totally different if they are even had like that since a lot of people mainly hang with their own race.

Word, would be like someone being overly sensitive over decisions in friggin comic book and weird space movies. Like who gets offended over dumb **** like Luke drinking milk?

Is said person’s sensitivity pertaining to real world applications or is it within the parameters of the world established by the friggin comic book and weird space movies? :nerd:

This is true and what happens mainly online. These discussions offline go totally different if they are even had like that since a lot of people mainly hang with their own race.

Can my fellow woke homies acknowledge the humor in this?
Or is dude just diminishing other people’s plight with this bit?

There's plenty of dope unfiltered comedy out there by the way, political incorrectness is safe, chill with the "fake outrage" fake outrage.

But I'll leave it at this, is it as difficult to be empathetic and listen to others complaints before making a condescending judgment? If it is, why do you expect those in power to listen when it's your turn?

Is said person’s sensitivity pertaining to real world applications or is it within the parameters of the world established by the friggin comic book and weird space movies? :nerd:
Like real life decisions in a show like Atlanta or Insecure?

Can my fellow woke homies acknowledge the humor in this?
Or is dude just diminishing other people’s plight with this bit?
Honestly don't care what you and your fellow woke homies do my man. Have at it it doesn't make me feel any way.

Back
Top Bottom