In your opinion what nation has the best "culture," and why?

It needs to be said that the US is still the best country for anyone who wishes to make something of themselves.
No other country provides the breadth of opportunities with the least amount of obstacles no matter who you are. No other country is even close in this respect.

It needs to be said that the US is still the best country for anyone who wishes to make something of themselves.
No other country provides the breadth of opportunities with the least amount of obstacles no matter who you are. No other country is even close in this respect.

Originally Posted by FOG

Originally Posted by TiZzlexiPhone

Originally Posted by FOG

There are no cultures 'better' than the other though; they are merely 'different'.

says you
eyes.gif
No, I'm sure there are many people who believe in this as well. It's just that there are too many people who are blinded by ethnocentrism... Y'all gotta look at it from another's point of view.

But that's not to say that we can't 'prefer' certain cultural norms of a particular society over the other, though..

Carry on.
I see someone has been paying attention in their anthropology class 
laugh.gif

But seriously, if you think a culture is better than another, you're not doing it right

Originally Posted by FOG

Originally Posted by FOG

There are no cultures 'better' than the other though; they are merely 'different'.

says you
eyes.gif
No, I'm sure there are many people who believe in this as well. It's just that there are too many people who are blinded by ethnocentrism... Y'all gotta look at it from another's point of view.

But that's not to say that we can't 'prefer' certain cultural norms of a particular society over the other, though..

Carry on.
I see someone has been paying attention in their anthropology class 
laugh.gif

But seriously, if you think a culture is better than another, you're not doing it right

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

Originally Posted by FOG

says you
eyes.gif

Carry on.
I see someone has been paying attention in their anthropology SOCIOLOGY class 
laugh.gif

THIS!! and fixed lol

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

Originally Posted by FOG

says you
eyes.gif

Carry on.
I see someone has been paying attention in their anthropology SOCIOLOGY class 
laugh.gif

THIS!! and fixed lol

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

I did a stretch in Japan, and have to say that I really admire their culture.

The Japanese just had one of the worst natural disasters in modern history, and you didn't see any looting, rioting, stealing. You've gotta respect that kind of discipline.

That's actually false.
All while we still have Americans in the South with confederate flags talking that "The South will rise again" BS.

You have ethnic groups in Japan that have long been discriminated against to the point that many of them hide their heritage. 

When I think about it I'd have to pick and choose from various cultures what I like. I can't say I like one as a whole more than another but certain aspects(food, music, how people treat each other, strong family ties etc).

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

I did a stretch in Japan, and have to say that I really admire their culture.

The Japanese just had one of the worst natural disasters in modern history, and you didn't see any looting, rioting, stealing. You've gotta respect that kind of discipline.

That's actually false.
All while we still have Americans in the South with confederate flags talking that "The South will rise again" BS.

You have ethnic groups in Japan that have long been discriminated against to the point that many of them hide their heritage. 

When I think about it I'd have to pick and choose from various cultures what I like. I can't say I like one as a whole more than another but certain aspects(food, music, how people treat each other, strong family ties etc).

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

truth.  people should do some research on barakumin.  
but i still really admire japanese culture as a whole.  most of their working class are extremely hard workers and put their company and their country first.  its their idea of the modern day warrior.  they have people over there working 70+ hours a week.... with unpaid overtime
sick.gif
if you want to read more about that i suggest "notes from toyota-land," its a simple read.  pretty much lays out some issues as well as worker mentality within japanese keiretsu... really interesting.  im not saying japan is the best or worst, because i dont believe in such things.  but like i said, i think very highly of their culture.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

truth.  people should do some research on barakumin.  
but i still really admire japanese culture as a whole.  most of their working class are extremely hard workers and put their company and their country first.  its their idea of the modern day warrior.  they have people over there working 70+ hours a week.... with unpaid overtime
sick.gif
if you want to read more about that i suggest "notes from toyota-land," its a simple read.  pretty much lays out some issues as well as worker mentality within japanese keiretsu... really interesting.  im not saying japan is the best or worst, because i dont believe in such things.  but like i said, i think very highly of their culture.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I need to visit more places, America has me sick sometimes with the $%!@ that goes on here 
30t6p3b.gif

i think a lot of this has to do with the fact that you live in the US.  because of this youre going to hear a lot more about the US, especially given the fact that we are considered the strongest nation in the world. also, you are probably paying a lot more attention to the local news and all that compared to that of another country.  when you go to abroad, youre most likely on vacation.  i dont know about you, but when im in another country on vacation i pretty much only use the news to tell me the weather
laugh.gif
bad things go on all over this world, the only difference is if you hear about it or not.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I need to visit more places, America has me sick sometimes with the $%!@ that goes on here 
30t6p3b.gif

i think a lot of this has to do with the fact that you live in the US.  because of this youre going to hear a lot more about the US, especially given the fact that we are considered the strongest nation in the world. also, you are probably paying a lot more attention to the local news and all that compared to that of another country.  when you go to abroad, youre most likely on vacation.  i dont know about you, but when im in another country on vacation i pretty much only use the news to tell me the weather
laugh.gif
bad things go on all over this world, the only difference is if you hear about it or not.

Ghana- Food, Clothing, Chieftancy, Tourism, Football (Soccer Team), Music, Tribes, Languages, Strong Christian faith
pimp.gif

Ghana- Food, Clothing, Chieftancy, Tourism, Football (Soccer Team), Music, Tribes, Languages, Strong Christian faith
pimp.gif

As an American I like the Australian, Russian, Enlish, and to be honest a lot more.  So many cultures I would like to experience.  I'd travel everywhere if i had the money to. 

Always admired the Northern Europe people like Denmark, Sweden, Finland etc. 

Traveling up and down Asia would be the bomb too. 

I could only imagine how beautiful some places are around the Mediterranean Sea. 

maybe try some Vietnamese Cuisine in Vietnam and visiting Halong Bay (Top Gear)
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom