In your opinion what nation has the best "culture," and why?

I dont think I've traveled enough and experienced enough varying cultures to make a definite choice.
Need to start traveling 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by FOG

There are no cultures 'better' than the other though; they are merely 'different'.

exactly. you might enjoy some cultures more than others, but how can you flat out say some cultures are better? cmon now
North Korea?  Nazi Germany?   Soviet Union under Stalin?  Certain Arab/Tribal cultures where the complete oppression of women is rampant?  Etc. Etc. Etc.
You would have to be morally bankrupt to state that those cultures are not worse than others...

I think you're underestimating how broad the term "culture" is.

Originally Posted by FOG

There are no cultures 'better' than the other though; they are merely 'different'.

exactly. you might enjoy some cultures more than others, but how can you flat out say some cultures are better? cmon now
North Korea?  Nazi Germany?   Soviet Union under Stalin?  Certain Arab/Tribal cultures where the complete oppression of women is rampant?  Etc. Etc. Etc.
You would have to be morally bankrupt to state that those cultures are not worse than others...

Originally Posted by whiterails

Originally Posted by FOG

Um every culture at some point has been oppressive, you're simply taking snapshots in time in certain cultures

-America pre-1970 was no better than any of those oppressive cultures you just listed.

Screw it, some people may argue that America is just as oppressive and morally bankrupt today as any of those cultures you mentioned,  we're just great at concealing it.

Originally Posted by FOG

Um every culture at some point has been oppressive, you're simply taking snapshots in time in certain cultures

-America pre-1970 was no better than any of those oppressive cultures you just listed.

Screw it, some people may argue that America is just as oppressive and morally bankrupt today as any of those cultures you mentioned,  we're just great at concealing it.

Mediterranean cultures by faaaaarrrrrrrr.

Relaxed, slower pace, beautiful women, great weather, plenty of coastline, amazing food, and incredible hospitality.

Sardinia
pimp.gif

Greece
pimp.gif

Israel
pimp.gif

Lebanon
pimp.gif

Southern Italy
pimp.gif

Catalonia
pimp.gif

Some of my favorites.

There's a huge misconception in the US that Europe is just "white people whoa re all the same". That couldn't be further from the truth.

Mediterranean cultures by faaaaarrrrrrrr.

Relaxed, slower pace, beautiful women, great weather, plenty of coastline, amazing food, and incredible hospitality.

Sardinia
pimp.gif

Greece
pimp.gif

Israel
pimp.gif

Lebanon
pimp.gif

Southern Italy
pimp.gif

Catalonia
pimp.gif

Some of my favorites.

There's a huge misconception in the US that Europe is just "white people whoa re all the same". That couldn't be further from the truth.

Originally Posted by FOG

U can add america under Obama and Bush.....political regimes =/= culture, even those that try to impose themselves on the culture. Maybe to you soviet culture under Stalin is implicit of cold war, oppression etc, to a Russian person it may something be totally different such as an era of social cohesion, egalitarianism, optimism etc. There is no such thing as objective culture imo. I agree with FOG. 

Originally Posted by FOG

U can add america under Obama and Bush.....political regimes =/= culture, even those that try to impose themselves on the culture. Maybe to you soviet culture under Stalin is implicit of cold war, oppression etc, to a Russian person it may something be totally different such as an era of social cohesion, egalitarianism, optimism etc. There is no such thing as objective culture imo. I agree with FOG. 

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Advertising... consumerism... Facebook... Twitter... Lil Wayne... Reality TV... celebrity gossip... "i" THIS and ANDROID that... etc. etc. etc., is all I see and all I hear every day all day. Even if I try to, living in America you cannot escape it. I am tired of the American "culture." 
In your opinion what countries have a culture that is more conducive to "easy living," for lack of a better term? 

All insight is appreciated. Thanks. 
Canada.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Advertising... consumerism... Facebook... Twitter... Lil Wayne... Reality TV... celebrity gossip... "i" THIS and ANDROID that... etc. etc. etc., is all I see and all I hear every day all day. Even if I try to, living in America you cannot escape it. I am tired of the American "culture." 
In your opinion what countries have a culture that is more conducive to "easy living," for lack of a better term? 

All insight is appreciated. Thanks. 
Canada.

Jamaica 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(care free, tropical, bud, women, a high emphasis on "daggering"
laugh.gif
)
The French (the language, love, women, fashion, art, wine, Mediterranean)

Obviously there are a lot of nations with a higher standard of living than the U.S. and with a happier population of inhabitants. I don't care what no one say, America is losing when it comes to a lot of things. If you can't see that, broaden your horizon.

Jamaica 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(care free, tropical, bud, women, a high emphasis on "daggering"
laugh.gif
)
The French (the language, love, women, fashion, art, wine, Mediterranean)

Obviously there are a lot of nations with a higher standard of living than the U.S. and with a happier population of inhabitants. I don't care what no one say, America is losing when it comes to a lot of things. If you can't see that, broaden your horizon.

PHILIPPINES! Gotta Represent Yo'

Great Tourist Spots, Virgin Beaches, Delicious Foods, Great Culture and History, Hospitable People..

also this.

PHILIPPINES! Gotta Represent Yo'

Great Tourist Spots, Virgin Beaches, Delicious Foods, Great Culture and History, Hospitable People..

also this.

Catalunya and Spain
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have never met a group of people so friendly, a place with such great food and drink, religion and customs as this. I've been there tons of times, big towns and small towns. Brilliant every time. I'm black if that matters.

Catalunya and Spain
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have never met a group of people so friendly, a place with such great food and drink, religion and customs as this. I've been there tons of times, big towns and small towns. Brilliant every time. I'm black if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom