HTC TOUCH PRO / MDA VARIO IV / XV6850 / FUZE

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

hold up...one question...does the tough pro have bubble breaker?
laugh.gif
what kinda question is that, of course it does. I dontremember coming a across a wm mobile phone that doesnt have it. Its like a pc shipping without minesweeper or solitaire

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I hope the performance of the Touch Pro is much better than the Touch Diamond. I was at the Sprint store messing with the Diamond and as expected, WM was running sluggishly.

The TouchFLO wasn't even that responsive and the accelerometer seemed non-existent.
No sluggishness unless u running a lot of intensive apps at the same time. Its the fastest wm I messed with. The accelerometer is only used forcertain apps (like opera and the game teeter). It would have been good if it applied to the whole phone but it wasnt.

Hey Tony, does the keyboard go to landscape mode when text messaging or is it always in the portrait orientation? I tried it in the store but it wouldn'twork. I know the Touch Pro has the slide QWERTY keyboard, but I'm just wondering if you could try this out (since I'm only interested in the TouchDiamond).

Hey Tony, does the keyboard go to landscape mode when text messaging or is it always in the portrait orientation? I tried it in the store but it wouldn't work. I know the Touch Pro has the slide QWERTY keyboard, but I'm just wondering if you could try this out (since I'm only interested in the Touch Diamond).
Nah not on the pro cause like u said im pretty much they assume ur gonna use ur keyboard to text. So gotta slide out the keys to go landscape. Idont know why that wasnt included for the diamond

edit. I decided to look it up. Apparently HTC really didnt impliment it into the diamond. There is a program out called GSEN that makes it possible tho. Imlookin at the vids and even switches the view upside down. Still doesnt look like it works for the main screen...but it works with the apps, including textmessages.

http://www.theunwired.net...elerometer-with-skkv-gsen

Any issues w/ the receiver? A lot of ppl are complaining about the volume and distortion.

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Hey Tony, does the keyboard go to landscape mode when text messaging or is it always in the portrait orientation? I tried it in the store but it wouldn't work. I know the Touch Pro has the slide QWERTY keyboard, but I'm just wondering if you could try this out (since I'm only interested in the Touch Diamond).
Nah not on the pro cause like u said im pretty much they assume ur gonna use ur keyboard to text. So gotta slide out the keys to go landscape. I dont know why that wasnt included for the diamond

edit. I decided to look it up. Apparently HTC really didnt impliment it into the diamond. There is a program out called GSEN that makes it possible tho. Im lookin at the vids and even switches the view upside down. Still doesnt look like it works for the main screen...but it works with the apps, including text messages.

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=utility-free-the-htc-touch-diamond-s-accelerometer-with-skkv-gsenhttp://www.theunwired.net...elerometer-with-skkv-gsen
Thanks for the update. I'll look into it, but IMO both phones don't give a substantially better advantage over my Mogul. Plus the factthat I got my Mogul for practically free in February makes it really tough to get any one of these phones which aren't that much better. Anyways, I'llbe looking forward to everyones views on the phone in the coming weeks.

It's really a shame the Touch HD isn't coming out in the U.S..
frown.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

Any issues w/ the receiver? A lot of ppl are complaining about the volume and distortion.
PPCGEEKS released a fix for the volume problem. I sent it to gully da great and he said it fixes it.

Nah not on the pro cause like u said im pretty much they assume ur gonna use ur keyboard to text. So gotta slide out the keys to go landscape. I dont know why that wasnt included for the diamond

edit. I decided to look it up. Apparently HTC really didnt impliment it into the diamond. There is a program out called GSEN that makes it possible tho. Im lookin at the vids and even switches the view upside down. Still doesnt look like it works for the main screen...but it works with the apps, including text messages.

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=utility-free-the-htc-touch-diamond-s-accelerometer-with-skkv-gsenhttp://www.theunwired.net...elerometer-with-skkv-gsenhttp://www.theunwired.net...elerometer-with-skkv-gsen
Thanks for the update. I'll look into it, but IMO both phones don't give a substantially better advantage over my Mogul. Plus the fact that I got my Mogul for practically free in February makes it really tough to get any one of these phones which aren't that much better. Anyways, I'll be looking forward to everyones views on the phone in the coming weeks.

It's really a shame the Touch HD isn't coming out in the U.S..
frown.gif
I unno. Imo its a lot better than the mogul. The mem alone to me makes it better cause the mogul was sluggish after u installed some stuff on it.

I would say find some one who has a TP and test it out. Cant vouch for the diamond seeing as thought alot of ppl over the net are trading those in for the TP. Who knows tho, so ppl went back to their moguls, so u might be one of the few who dont like this phone.

Still test it out first.

And again
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ theTouch HD not comin to the states.

What was up with those Moguls? It was resetting out of nowhere? Did you guys try flashing the ROM?

all of yall are gonna be pissed when yall see what sprint did with the theme. (Diamond Owner)

yo the phone is crack trust me ...

AND BIG SHOUT OUT TO TONYSTARKS .. MA MAN HELD ME DOWN "NO MO" ALL DAY YESTERDAY HELPING ME OUT

Originally Posted by bud dink

all of yall are gonna be pissed when yall see what sprint did with the theme. (Diamond Owner)
How do you like it so far? I'm still interested in it, but from my initial impression, it wasn't that much better than my Mogul.

In my opinion..its a huge step up from the mogul. Its a lil getting used to but its been great so far.

The resolution is crisp, youtube is crystal clear, the navigation overall is really easy. If you're tired of the mogul and at your wits end...upgrade.

So how are you guys buying it at BestBuy with the 75$ off? I called Sprint care and she said there's no actual coupon. Sao does it just pull up in theirsystem to give you 75 off? Also, what about the 20% off Reward Zone coupon? Is there a hard coupon for that or will that also just bring itself up ?

Also, I hear the talk about Youtube. Is there an integrated Youtube player now already or are you guys still using TCPMP and flv downloader in IE? And does itwork on other flv sites?

There is an integrated youtube player which IMO is better than the Iphones
Gps is lame (i hate sprintnav) but there is a tomtom6 dl out there for free in some places

The sprint TF3D looks a mess its all neon and not what the original got me excited about(but there is a theme pack over at XDA)

I suggest getting this phone and go straight to google and search for mods because OEM is straight trash

O and ps if you flip the phone upside down when lames call it turns off the ringer (straight ballin)

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

So how are you guys buying it at BestBuy with the 75$ off? I called Sprint care and she said there's no actual coupon. Sao does it just pull up in their system to give you 75 off? Also, what about the 20% off Reward Zone coupon? Is there a hard coupon for that or will that also just bring itself up ?

Also, I hear the talk about Youtube. Is there an integrated Youtube player now already or are you guys still using TCPMP and flv downloader in IE? And does it work on other flv sites?
Theres no hard coupon for the $75. That all depends how far u are in on ur contract. I think u can go on sprints website and select upgrade andit will tell u how much off an upgrade ur due for. The 20% off is on the reward zone website. But if u want a hard coupon

Reward Zone Coupon

Youtube is integrated, No more tcmp and IE for that. Doesnt work with other flv sites, but Opera along with flashlight makes flash sites work.

Unfortunately Skyfire isnt compatible cause this is a VGA device. Word is by Early Next yr
smh.gif
, hopefully they make it happen before then.

So how are you guys buying it at BestBuy with the 75$ off? I called Sprint care and she said there's no actual coupon. Sao does it just pull up in their system to give you 75 off? Also, what about the 20% off Reward Zone coupon? Is there a hard coupon for that or will that also just bring itself up ?

Also, I hear the talk about Youtube. Is there an integrated Youtube player now already or are you guys still using TCPMP and flv downloader in IE? And does it work on other flv sites?
Theres no hard coupon for the $75. That all depends how far u are in on ur contract. I think u can go on sprints website and select upgrade and it will tell u how much off an upgrade ur due for. The 20% off is on the reward zone website. But if u want a hard coupon

Reward Zone Coupon

Youtube is integrated, No more tcmp and IE for that. Doesnt work with other flv sites, but Opera along with flashlight makes flash sites work.

Unfortunately Skyfire isnt compatible cause this is a VGA device. Word is by Early Next yr
smh.gif
bad link

Theres no hard coupon for the $75. That all depends how far u are in on ur contract. I think u can go on sprints website and select upgrade and it will tell u how much off an upgrade ur due for. The 20% off is on the reward zone website. But if u want a hard coupon

Reward Zone Coupon

smh.gif
No Skyfire!? That might be a deal breaker.But you say the Opera flash player works just the same right? Because I need to be able to log intodailymotion.com and watch them browser side (since the flv ie downloader doesnt work for DM anyways), because for the videos I watch on occasion you have tolog in first and so the video downloader extension search programs don't find them

One more set of questions, I heard this has a tv out plug, true? What about the headphone jack, regular 3.5mm or the same mini usb one as the Mogul? Back toflv, does it play in windows media player or on the website itself like it would on a computer? Also, how transferable are all WM6.1 apps? Is Skyfire the onlyone that won't work? Because I have all the apps on my Mogul, and I've just said their cabs to my sd card so I can just reinstall them

Back
Top Bottom