HTC TOUCH PRO / MDA VARIO IV / XV6850 / FUZE

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by illfrozn

I really, really, really want this phone and have wanted it since I first saw it. Unfortunately, I'm only eligible for a $75 upgrade right now. If I renew for 2 years, can I get this phone at BB for the same price as TonyStarks?
This is what I need to know! I'm only like 8-9 months deep on my contract on this Pearl.
Nah you wont be able to get it for the same price I did. What u can do is email customer care and get a price quote on how much it would be toupgrade. Whatever they give you is more than likely the price best buy gonna give u. With that additional 20% off, it might drop the price down to sumtinthat ur willing to pay but It wont be as cheap as what I paid. Give it a shot, what u got to lose.

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

Can you send pictures on this device without doing the whole e-mail thing ?
Yea. When u click send while having a picture on the screen u have several options. One of them is sprint picturemail and it works good so far. It sends and recieves in a threaded sms sort of way. So no longer do you have to go to the sprint website to open the picture, u can open it right on the phone.

Ram test
-------
Havent fully messed with the phone yet..but I did install beejive. Whats funny bout that is that it recognized I was on the touch pro and set that as my away message..couple ppl was tight lol.

It was a good time to test out the ram. So I had Beejive, Opera, Sprint TV open at the same time. all of those used about 49% of the ram. Everything still ran smooth, could go through the menus and file elxplorer with the same speed as if nothing was open.

Then for the hell of it, I decided to open Sling Player mobile as well. That pushed the usage of the ram to about 52%. Now im starting to see it slow down. The touchflo doesnt moves as quickly and everything is starting to crawl. Still useable but just slower.

In reality tho I wouldnt have all these programs running all at once...but with my mogul just having opera and beejive would take about 80% so I coulndt really use anyother program or it would just freeze at some point.

So the ram def makes a diff and considering that Touchflo also uses a bit of the ram all the time...its def worth the upgrade. Since I had the phone no freezing whatsoever, this was the first occurance of slowdown that I witnessed and thats cause all the apps I had open are normally ram hogs.
-----

Oh quick tidbit bout the cam. Its very good. What bugged me out was when I went to take a pic..that joint used autofocus lol. I was like
eek.gif
then it turns green when its ready to shoot like a reg cam.

Youtube is Crystal clear. My by got his G1 yesterday so we did a swap today to check out each others phones. The first thing he did was fire up youtube and was pissed. I looked at his and his vid was kinda fuzzy. He was barking that since Google owned youtube, his should look like mine
laugh.gif
. (G1 is not a bad phone tho. That barcode scanner thing and the street view is crazy...but ill stick wit my pro...Crank
tongue.gif
)

Opera Browser is pretty good. Havent tried a flash site yet but did browse niketalk and it moved fairly quickly. Still havent installed skyfire yet.

Issues
-----
The earpiece is low. Even when the volume is turned all the way up. I still have my plastic over the main screen and I thought that was the problem..but I removed it to test it and its still pretty low. I seen ppcgeeks got a fix for that so ima test it out.

Another issure is, dont know if the weather app is down on sprint side..but since I got the phone, I havent been able to get the weather runnin. Checked the boards and its not only me so hopefully they fixed that soon.
-------

The onscreen keyboard is pretty good too. Like I said earlier I have big hands so I didnt expect to be using it at all. But since I had the phone, I found myself using it more than the actual keyboard. Based on the fact that today I could only do one handed operations. For sendin texts and all its very good. Suprising.

umm thats all for now I guess. Wrote mad stuff but I hope some of yall get it so yall can share opinions soon.

where are you getting all the applications from
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
pm if possible
pimp.gif
hopefully scoop mine up this week
Opera is the built in web browser for the phone. IE is still there but from the touch flo menu where the internet tab is it runs opera. Sprint Tvhas it own tab and Youtube is built in under the Internet tab.

Beejive u can get here

Beejive IM (free for winmo users)

Skyfire u gotta sign up for but worth it

Skyfire

Slingplayer u need a sling box for that to work. Its lil investment but worth it imo

Slingmedia

As far as some other apps go, hit me up when u get it and ill send some

Originally Posted by jd2384

hmm. gotta go check out AT&T's version myself
pimp.gif
. damn. it was either this or spend an extra $300 and get the Samsung Omnia
grin.gif
..anybody heard anything on that joint?
So far I heard really good reviews bout it but like most phones like these gotta wait till u get hands on experience before u can pass judgement. Looks good tho.

Thanks TS2984! I figured that would be the case. I'm still tempted to go into BB though. Guy on Slick Deals posted that he was only a few months into a newcontract (with Sprint for over 2 years though), and got the same deal from BB as you did. Of course, this is probably a one off deal, but I still am tempted...

I was eligible for a 1 year upgrade and got the phone for $259.xx out the door. The phone is piff. just have to get use to the round mouse thing being on theright and not the left like on the mogul.

and Tstarks...how else can I back up my contacts instead of doing it one at a time and without active sync. I tried the pim file but it wont copy. Suggest anyprograms.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Thanks TS2984! I figured that would be the case. I'm still tempted to go into BB though. Guy on Slick Deals posted that he was only a few months into a new contract (with Sprint for over 2 years though), and got the same deal from BB as you did. Of course, this is probably a one off deal, but I still am tempted ...
Go for it.

Anybody else get theirs?

Im messing around with mine some more.� Wanted to know if I could get more games on it and came across this guy on youtube playin Ghost and goblins on thediamond

Look to the side and u see he was runnin art of fightin on there as well.

Looked for it and it works pretty good. It runs Neo Geo and CSPS1/2. Cant discuss where I got it from on the message board but pm I guess for details. So farGhost and Goblins, final fight and Bust a move works well.� They said marvel vs capcom works..but I dont even think I wanna attempt that with no properbuttons.

For the neo geo the buttons are on the left side of the screen abc and are fairly responsive.� Gotta test some other basic games and probably some complex onestoo.

edit: Marvel vs capcom works..but is almost impossible to play using the d pad and touch screen. So far it works best with neo geo games. Im killin metal slugright now.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

I was eligible for a 1 year upgrade and got the phone for $259.xx out the door. The phone is piff. just have to get use to the round mouse thing being on the right and not the left like on the mogul.

and Tstarks...how else can I back up my contacts instead of doing it one at a time and without active sync. I tried the pim file but it wont copy. Suggest any programs.
how did u manage to get that price with a 1 yr?
pimp.gif
My boy gothis yesterday and he had to pay like 350 and thats with an extra $50 gift card that he already had.

hmm pimback up is is what I used. Ill hit u up thru pm.

Yea the d pad takes some gettin used to. Gotta memba that u can touch outside of it also. Like say if u wanna press down, u press that area below the downside of the D pad. Same goes for up and left and right.

I think so far thats the main gripe about the phone. Alot of ppl hate the D pad. Its too easy to press the center key when tryin to press up/dwn/left/right. That lil trick that posted helps just gotta get used to it. Its def a wierd implementation but I like it.

Its also touch sensitive. When u looking at a picture or taking a pic for that matter, slide ur finger in a circle motion over the D pad and thats how u zoomin

It was a good time to test out the ram. So I had Beejive, Opera, Sprint TV open at the same time. all of those used about 49% of the ram. Everything still ran smooth, could go through the menus and file elxplorer with the same speed as if nothing was open.
That's the move...
eek.gif

I'm glad they improved that.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

I was eligible for a 1 year upgrade and got the phone for $259.xx out the door. The phone is piff. just have to get use to the round mouse thing being on the right and not the left like on the mogul.

and Tstarks...how else can I back up my contacts instead of doing it one at a time and without active sync. I tried the pim file but it wont copy. Suggest any programs.
how did u manage to get that price with a 1 yr?
pimp.gif
My boy got his yesterday and he had to pay like 350 and thats with an extra $50 gift card that he already had.

hmm pimback up is is what I used. Ill hit u up thru pm.

Yea the d pad takes some gettin used to. Gotta memba that u can touch outside of it also. Like say if u wanna press down, u press that area below the down side of the D pad. Same goes for up and left and right.

I think so far thats the main gripe about the phone. Alot of ppl hate the D pad. Its too easy to press the center key when tryin to press up/dwn/left/right. That lil trick that posted helps just gotta get used to it. Its def a wierd implementation but I like it.

Its also touch sensitive. When u looking at a picture or taking a pic for that matter, slide ur finger in a circle motion over the D pad and thats how u zoom in

god was with me brother. the bb rep was cool as hell even when sprint kept saying they didnt support the phone because they havent released it and what not. herang me up and it said 259. I swiped my card with the quickness and bounced.

Glad yall are starting to get em. How yall like it?
so far no problems ... just having connections problems with the built in aim server
camera is sick
touchflo is sick
i do notice that the phone ear speaker is kinda low .. wen i first got it and i was in Best Buy i could hardly hear my phone call thru the commotion
still have alot of playing around to do as well ..
Yo TonyStarks wen u d/l the programs where do u put them on the phone to be installed (first smartphone ive owned)
so far overall 9/10
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

good stuff gully.
thanks man.
pimp.gif
im hyped up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

Glad yall are starting to get em. How yall like it?
so far no problems ... just having connections problems with the built in aim server
camera is sick
touchflo is sick
i do notice that the phone ear speaker is kinda low .. wen i first got it and i was in Best Buy i could hardly hear my phone call thru the commotion
still have alot of playing around to do as well ..
Yo TonyStarks wen u d/l the programs where do u put them on the phone to be installed (first smartphone ive owned)
so far overall 9/10
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

good stuff gully.
thanks man.
pimp.gif
im hyped up
laugh.gif

Get bee jive for aim. That built in aim is wack compared to it. For most apps I would suggest installing it on the device it self. Games can beinstalled on the storage card. But u got a ton of space so if u want u can install everything on the device. hit me up thru pm if u need some apps

Theres a sick program on this phone that can take pictures of business cards, and it will imput the contact info itself... pretty sweeet. tempted to drop myi760 contact with verizon and go for the ATT fuse

Man, when somebody finds somewhere I can get one from (I'm on Sero), please let me know. My local Sprint store claims they're not even out yet, andthat when they do drop I only qualify for 75$ of discount so I gotta pay 575$ I would get one on eBay but those are unlocked and run like 800. I need one forabout 250-300

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Man, when somebody finds somewhere I can get one from (I'm on Sero), please let me know. My local Sprint store claims they're not even out yet, and that when they do drop I only qualify for 75$ of discount so I gotta pay 575$ I would get one on eBay but those are unlocked and run like 800. I need one for about 250-300

i was on the phone wit cust service bout hr/half ago and she was tellin me they drop in stores Nov 2. but thas a Sunday so im not sure .. btw i copped minethru best buy for 299.99 but with a upgrade contract

Hellz no .. I was just on BestBuy and I saw the price of $749 .. They can shove that joint up their .. Lets see Nov 2 when its offer by sprint .. Called 4times and all CR told me the same thing ... now lets see the pricing!

Originally Posted by SGS MM

Hellz no .. I was just on BestBuy and I saw the price of $749 .. They can shove that joint up their .. Lets see Nov 2 when its offer by sprint .. Called 4 times and all CR told me the same thing ... now lets see the pricing!

indifferent.gif
you DO know that that is MSRP right?

Yea no way in hello am I gonna pay that much for a phone

I'm just gonna wait til it drops to round 300 if not lower

Back
Top Bottom