HTC TOUCH PRO / MDA VARIO IV / XV6850 / FUZE

Saw for the first and only time a Fuze commercial the other day. I'm surprised ATT didn't market this phone more. Everything I see for ATT is about theBold or iPhone.

Just broke down and got the Touch Pro, but I think I'm going to return it. So far:
- the internet didn't work(got that fixed)
- not receiving text messages
- froze

Originally Posted by daprescription

Just broke down and got the Touch Pro, but I think I'm going to return it. So far:
- froze
I don't know who your carrier is, but those problems sound like your other phone is still turned on.

should i get an htc touch pro or a samsung omnia...or should i just wait for the hd to come out

I read somewhere that Verizon may be reducing the price of the Omnia to $99.99 w/ 2-year contract.

I have a Touch Pro now with that post that MisterP hooked us up with so I have to go back and catch up with this thread about customizing the Touch Pro.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

- froze
I don't know who your carrier is, but those problems sound like your other phone is still turned on.

I'll give it another week or two. Is the volume of the phone really that low when talking to someone or is there a way to turn it up. I'm at the pointwhere I rather use the speaker because I can't hear the other person unless I'm in a completely quiet area.

I'll give it another week or two. Is the volume of the phone really that low when talking to someone or is there a way to turn it up. I'm at the point where I rather use the speaker because I can't hear the other person unless I'm in a completely quiet area.
You can search within the thread. That's how I found the link I posted: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41385 It's supposed to do a really good job.

From PhoneScoop.com and other places:
HTC today announced the Touch Diamond2 and Touch Pro2. Both upgrade to higher-resolution WVGA (480 x 800 pixel) displays, and feature a new version of HTC's TouchFlo 3D interface that integrates deeper into Windows Mobile and organizes all communication history by contact. Both will be able to run Windows Mobile 6.5 when it launches later in the year.
  • Touch Diamond2: Upgrades to a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera, memory card slot, and larger 3.2-inch display. Available in Europe and Asia in early Q2, then elsewhere later in the year.
  • Touch Pro2: Much larger 3.6-inch display in a thinner design with adjustable tilting display. A new high-quality speakerphone with two mics and two speakers for noise cancellation, that can be activated by turning the phone on its face. "Straight Talk" conferencing features allow group emails to be converted to group calls, and conference call calendar reminders to dial and login with one touch. Available globally in late Q2.
pimp.gif

Too bad they didn't give the Diamond2 a 3.6", but I hope that and the keyboard are the only differences between the two. I'd prefer to have alonger battery in the place of the keyboard, but I need that 3.6" screen for watching movies and TV on the go. Unless iPhone news brings everything tothe table that should have been there from the beginning or something like the Touch HD comes out this year, I'll be picking up a Pro2 (if it makes it toSprint).

Ok I have no idea how to insert the micro sd into this phone. This is the picture in the manual but its not the same as my phone. This picture looks like theDiamond.
72qagz.png

Can somebody help me out? Tried google already, but couldn't find anything.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I have a Touch Pro now with that post that MisterP hooked us up with so I have to go back and catch up with this thread about customizing the Touch Pro.
I totally forgot about that deal. How did it work?

I don't know if I can wait for the next big phone (Pre, Pro2, Diamond2, iPhone).

So I'm gettin the fuze on monday, anyone have suggestions on essential apps, good looking themes, or roms or radios i should consider. I've beensearching XDA and learning all the terminology, if anyone whose modded theirs accordingly could shoot me a pm it would be greatly appreciated.

hey, ive been interested in HTC phones for a while now and my contract runs out tonight at midnight so im looking for an upgrade (samsung blast ftl...) icurrently have tmobile but dont think i want a G1. im more of a text person who would use the internet moderately at best. do you guys have any suggestions onwhat specific models i should heavily consider? ive been thinking about the fuze or the touch pro (sprint version...verizon version is too much $$ for mypockets) thanks in advance.

-Nic

My keyboard just went out completely...... after a couple days of studering it finally went out completely smh

anyone have similar problems?

^ www.asurion.com then when you get it, if you have insurance you can talk Sprint into crediting back the deductible. Or just take it to a store and knowit'll be free.

But what hard cases is everybody using? I got to get a new one

I took my phone into Sprint for the 4th time within the past month. They told me that this phone is making them lose a lot of money so as of today theyre goingto start upgrading people with something similar. My Blackberry Tour is on its way. Its the second time this happens, first time i went from the Mogul to TP.

Originally Posted by car9vel

I took my phone into Sprint for the 4th time within the past month. They told me that this phone is making them lose a lot of money so as of today theyre going to start upgrading people with something similar. My Blackberry Tour is on its way. Its the second time this happens, first time i went from the Mogul to TP.
What phone are you talking about?

What problems have you had? Has anyone else had that rectangle of oil under the screen? It's right in the middle. If so, did Sprint do anything for you?

car9vel, are you getting exchanges because you're paying for insurance and warranty? I'm no longer paying for those services so I'm wondering ifthey'd still be will to do an exchange?

Different problems each time. Usually the keypad would not respond, or the phone would just freeze. This last time the keys on the outside didnt work and itwas too laggy. The tech i talked to said they didnt have the parts they needed in order to fix the phone, so that out of cortesy they would replace it with adifferent model of my choosing. I went in today to pick up my Tour but they said id have to go from the Everything Messaging (99.99) + Data package ($14.99) tothe Everything Data (129.99). But i have 2 other lines, so the Everything Data plan would be 149.99 for all my lines.They said my bill would go up $15 butafter doin the math its more like $35. Then they were going to charge us some fee of $40 for switchin the plan before the cycle renews. My dad didnt like allthat so he canceled it and im stuck with the %@@++@ up HTC TP for a while. And i have the repair insurance for $4.

Back
Top Bottom