HTC TOUCH PRO / MDA VARIO IV / XV6850 / FUZE

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

touch HD wont be coming to the US by the way dont get too excited
why not?

According to HTC, they have another product lined up for the states.

Speculation is that will be the TOUCH HD PRO (w/ QWERTY)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h2]
Sprint delaying HTC Touch Pro by a little bit[/h2]
by Darren Murph, posted Oct 17th 2008 at 12:20PM

Bad news, Sprint users. That HTC Touch Pro you've probably been waiting for won't be ready for your soft, delicate hands on Sunday. According to an undisclosed contact at the carrier, the outfit is expected to "slightly delay [the] launch of the Touch Pro by HTC to ensure it has adequate inventory in all channels before making the device commercially available." If you're looking for specifics, we're told that consumers can expect the handset "in select national retailers by the end of the month and then in all Sprint sales channels (including online at www.sprint.com and Sprint stores) by early November." It's not that next month is really that far away, it's just that next month isn't on Sunday. Bugger.

Hate to bring the news, but this is from engadgetmobile
tired.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

joint is bananas. is it the mogul upgrade? if so, upgrade is an understatement.
i guess you could say upgrade. much needed new phone either way.

Got mines Just now
pimp.gif

If yall didnt know select Best Buys got em in early. And better yet they are offering a 20% discount off Smartphones for Reward Zone members.

So If u want one I would suggest calling ur local best buy to see if they have it in stock and ask about the discount. Some need an actual coupon some dont. If they ask u..tell them its right on the reward zone website.

The Best Buy I went to was the one on Central Ave in yonkers. They had about 8 in stock and I was #4 around closing time. So there should be about 4 availabletomo for those in the area. The best Buy in mount vernon said they wont get any till sun but to check tomo if shipment came in.

Price worked out like this:

299 (cause I was due for an upgrade) with tax came out to $325
After the 20% off (around $71) total came up to $253
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cant complain bout that. Unfortunately goin to work at 5am tomo mornin so i cant mess around wit it too much.

Inital review:

I have big hands, this sucker feels small in my hands compared to the mogul. While holdin it up to talk, it feels like I have a regular candy bar style phonein my hands. As Big as it looks in the pic..its def smaller than the mogul.

The keyboard is straight
pimp.gif
. That five rows is sooooo necessary. Nolonger gotta hold that stupid blue button for the numbers.

Touchflo is nice. The text and pics are great. Havent tried youtube but did play the sample video right fromt eh home screen and it was cool. Has a built inMessaging app. The aim is good, has the aim sounds and everything. Cant set custom away messages. I think ima install Jive talk still. Overall the phone ispretty quick compared to the mogul. The menus move quicker and the programs do too.

Ill really mess around with it tomo evening after work. But So far so good. Def worth the upgrade.

Pics:

75225b7e434af58fd574b889d2c39764d3ccc5c.jpg

8e415feb4b5bdf48b93177a8d5c48e4af5eab47.jpg

4f1152ee4e5cd844792c3bcdf1f8332ac63d8fa.jpg

6e93552fe8bc429a559fdb5c40fdf8a1366e291.jpg

752156e74e5fd8461cf3fb683c395d241afb924.jpg

cb015aea425bd74f588abec9535759e8f1ea757.jpg

d14252aeca4eb546d4c4de1a9b7df493cd84d03.jpg

Thats all. Good luck for those trying to get theirs from Best Buy. The 20% off is finished November 1st..so try and do it before then. If someone didnt beatme to it..Ill get in depth about everything else tomo evening.

thanks for the info dude!
looks nice.
i was all excited for the release on the 19th, then sprint broke my heart.

^ good stuff

I was on this phone till the G1 came out
laugh.gif
boooo

def coppin this wen it officially drops .. Is Best Buy an official Sprint location where i can upgrade an existing contract
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

30a8bgp.jpg

Rumored to be Verizon's version coming out next month. I like Sprint's design better, but I guess this will have to do.

Skimmed thru the thread ... but will this run on current Sprint plans or will they come up with some new bogus plans

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

Skimmed thru the thread ... but will this run on current Sprint plans or will they come up with some new bogus plans
should be available to current plans.

Tonystarks2984 - are you on sero? they didn't require you to upgrade your plan did they? is the upgrade in ram noticeable from the mogul?

Originally Posted by chinoman1782

Skyfire (IMO the best browser on the market. That sucker plays almost all the flash sites and vid sites)
Wmwifirouter (Discussed earlier in this thread)
Slingplayer Mobile (If you dont know by now what this is...watch your own tv on your phone)
yeah i actually had the free trial(Slingplayer Mobile) on my 6700. My friend got his friend to make an account to let me access his slingbox. Sucks that u have to pay for the mobile software. I really want my own slingbox now after that experience. I mean I want one BAD!!

skyfire sounds like piff, i might have to check out the router software too for special circumstances.

The other apps ehhh i dont really IM, and I dont really want the touchFlo style BUT, I might just mod my 6700 just to mess around with it. who knows maybe i'll change my mind.

skyfire=portable redtube

Originally Posted by illmatickal

Tonystarks2984 - are you on sero? they didn't require you to upgrade your plan did they? is the upgrade in ram noticeable from the mogul?
Yup on sero and nope didnt require me to change anything. Still have my same plan. The upgrade is noticeable so far for the basic stuff. Like Isaid everything is running quicker (menus, switching to landscape, etc). But I have yet to install any heavy duty apps like skyfire to test it out. Afterwork I'll do all of that.

Oh yea didnt even remember it has an accelerometer in it like the iphone. For those that dont know that means if u rotate the phone on its side, the viewswitches to landscape. So games like Ibowl and super monkeyball are possible on the phone. It comes with a tilt game which was pretty cool to test it out.
GULLYDAGREAT wrote:

^ good stuff

laugh.gif
boooo

def coppin this wen it officially drops .. Is Best Buy an official Sprint location where i can upgrade an existing contract
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Yes it is. You know I didnt even know they were till yesterday. Im not even gonna bother with telesales from now on...strictly bestbuy.

The main reasons are:

1) no rebate. If I had gotten it thru sprint it woulda been 299 after a 100 mail in rebate. Best Buy just flat out charges you 299 for the phone

2) The most obvious reason....they get their phones earlier than even telesales. I was talkin to the lady that did my phone and she said they had the Diamondand the Instinct before Sprint stores and telesales had them. Since I found out that u can upgrade ur contract from them...strictly Best Buy for me now
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Originally Posted by illmatickal

Yup on sero and nope didnt require me to change anything. Still have my same plan. The upgrade is noticeable so far for the basic stuff. Like I said everything is running quicker (menus, switching to landscape, etc). But I have yet to install any heavy duty apps like skyfire to test it out. After work I'll do all of that.

Oh yea didnt even remember it has an accelerometer in it like the iphone. For those that dont know that means if u rotate the phone on its side, the view switches to landscape. So games like Ibowl and super monkeyball are possible on the phone. It comes with a tilt game which was pretty cool to test it out.
GULLYDAGREAT wrote:

^ good stuff

laugh.gif
boooo

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Yes it is. You know I didnt even know they were till yesterday. Im not even gonna bother with telesales from now on...strictly bestbuy.

The main reasons are:

1) no rebate. If I had gotten it thru sprint it woulda been 299 after a 100 mail in rebate. Best Buy just flat out charges you 299 for the phone

2) The most obvious reason....they get their phones earlier than even telesales. I was talkin to the lady that did my phone and she said they had the Diamond and the Instinct before Sprint stores and telesales had them. Since I found out that u can upgrade ur contract from them...strictly Best Buy for me now
wink.gif

How far into your contract were you? I'm about 10 months in.
laugh.gif

What's the retail price on these?

Can someone help me better understand the turning your phone into a hotspot thing??

Please

I want a new phone but refuse to have crazy phone bills

Back
Top Bottom