HTC TOUCH PRO / MDA VARIO IV / XV6850 / FUZE

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

As far as price...this is a response I got from Ecare. Im due for an upgrade on my line.

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to assist you regarding the
handset upgrade.

We at Sprint offer great rebates for the existing customers depending
upon the handset life on the account. As per this rebate offer, your
line # is eligible for an Instant Rebate of $150.00 on the purchase
of a new PCS Phone.

So, I glad to inform you that you can get the new HTC Touch pro on
online price (for $299.99) with a two-year contract and after a $100
mail-in rebate.

HTC Touch Pro will be available October 19, 2008 for $299.99 (online
price) with a two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate

eek.gif
pimp.gif

I know what I'm doing on the 19th.

Originally Posted by SGS MM

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

^ WMWifirouter turns YOUR PHONE into the wifi hot spot, you don't even have to use a usb cable, and other people with their phones, computers, laptops, and other wifi enabled devices can get in if you allow them

wait a sec now .. so you saying .. the phone becomes the wifi? I dont need to be close to a hotspot? hmm I might have to check this out .. do you need good reception though?

I mean 30 bucks can be spent for wireless .. vice what Im using now that I dont pay for jack ..
Ur phone is the hotspot.

Im using that right now to type on my laptop. The speeds arent bad at all (about 800-1250kbps wit EVDO-Rev A). I would def suggest having unlimited data on your plan because ull use up alot of it. If u got the old sero even better.

Also the down side to this app is that it kills the battery over time and it gets very hot while in use. Trust it comes in very handy where there is no wifi hotspot availabe or they charge for it.
Thanks for clearing things up .. I rather save them 30 USD and stay the way I am right now .. Using my USB cable and internet sharing .. not onlydo I get the same speeds because Im using EVDO but my phone stays cool and it charges while using the laptop .. So I'm straight .... The only down side isthat Im not able to use a network like if I was using that router which I dont care because IM straight .. thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by SGS MM

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

^ WMWifirouter turns YOUR PHONE into the wifi hot spot, you don't even have to use a usb cable, and other people with their phones, computers, laptops, and other wifi enabled devices can get in if you allow them

wait a sec now .. so you saying .. the phone becomes the wifi? I dont need to be close to a hotspot? hmm I might have to check this out .. do you need good reception though?

I mean 30 bucks can be spent for wireless .. vice what Im using now that I dont pay for jack ..
Ur phone is the hotspot.

Im using that right now to type on my laptop. The speeds arent bad at all (about 800-1250kbps wit EVDO-Rev A). I would def suggest having unlimited data on your plan because ull use up alot of it. If u got the old sero even better.

Also the down side to this app is that it kills the battery over time and it gets very hot while in use. Trust it comes in very handy where there is no wifi hotspot availabe or they charge for it.
Thanks for clearing things up .. I rather save them 30 USD and stay the way I am right now .. Using my USB cable and internet sharing .. not onlydo I get the same speeds because Im using EVDO but my phone stays cool and it charges while using the laptop .. So I'm straight .... The only down side isthat Im not able to use a network like if I was using that router which I dont care because IM straight .. thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

Did Sprint confirm a release of the HTC Touch HD?
nerd.gif

50f44888-482f-42ee-899d-23406ef11767.jpg
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news......but HTC has decided not to bring the Touch HD to the us period.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]HTC not bringing Touch HD to the States[/h2]
by Darren Murph, posted Oct 7th 2008 at 12:32PM

10-7-08-htc_touch_hd.jpg

This shouldn't be surprising at all to anyone even remotely familiar with HTC's tendencies, but the Touch HD is officially not ever shipping to America (unless you import, obviously). The news was dropped via a Tweet (of all things), but evidently, the outcry over what we figured was common knowledge has caused some windows to be rattled in the penthouse offices. Another official Tweet followed to thank everyone for "expressing their desire for the HD," with the author noting that "US management now knows there's a grassroots demand for high-end HTCs here." Really, HTC? You needed a flood of angry Twitter comments to understand that Americans would give their second born for a phone like the Touch HD?

[Via WMExperts, thanks to everyone who sent this in]

Update:
We've received official word from HTC that they've been really overwhelmed by the "strong" demand for the HD in the States and other markets where no launch has been planned (with that insane display, it seemed like a no-brainer to us!). Sadly, due to the engineering time required to get a North American 3G version in the pipeline, they say they're better off just waiting until the next round of products launches -- hopefully with some extra bands in the radio this time, eh?
Source

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
I was tight when I read that. I mad they didnt even think about bringin it over to the states. They must think the Iphone and all touchscreen phones are only selling one unit at a time or sumtin. They dropped the ball with this one so again......
smh.gif
smh.gif

NOOOOOooo! Sprint did us wrong, giant L.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
... Well, thank you and PureG for the info...

Oh its easy to get it unlocked right? just go to private stores and give em $20 to unlock?

It varies, depending on how much the store charges. If you wanna get an unlocked phone, get it factory unlocked because if it was originally locked and youunlock it, later on, it'll malfunction.

i just bid on a mogul last week after my 6700 straight died on me. keyboard is all effed up.

anyway as i was browsing for info on the mogul to use it to its fullest extent i came across the pro. boy was i tight.

then i realized it would be more than i was willing to shell out right now anyway so no deal. but i'm happy w. the mogul tethering ftw. SGS u kno what thehell i'm talkin bout.

wut apps do u guys have that u swear by?

microsoft needs to make money comp. w/ mobile asap

i saw the diamond up close and the thing is hideous. can't imagine how the pro is going to look with the added keyboard. i was really hyped up for thisphone until i saw its size.

Originally Posted by chinoman1782

i just bid on a mogul last week after my 6700 straight died on me. keyboard is all effed up.

anyway as i was browsing for info on the mogul to use it to its fullest extent i came across the pro. boy was i tight.

then i realized it would be more than i was willing to shell out right now anyway so no deal. but i'm happy w. the mogul tethering ftw. SGS u kno what the hell i'm talkin bout.

wut apps do u guys have that u swear by?

microsoft needs to make money comp. w/ mobile asap
Besides being a new phone one of the main reasons Im dying for the ugrade is this spec right here: 288 MB RAM.

The mogul unfortunately had only [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]64MB of RAM. what does that mean for most ppl who dont know. Thelow ram is one of the reasons ur phone crashes alot. How many used to get "Out of memory" error? I can hardly run two apps at the same time withoutgettin that error. Hell running pocket IE for a while normally gives me that.[/font]

As far as apps goes right now heres my list:

Manilla Touchflo 2d Package (gives u a varient of the touchflo interface found on the diamond. This includesYoutube,Opera 9, finger friendly pics and videos, audio manager, text messages etc)
Beejive (IM app)
HTC MP3 Trimmer (MP3 editor so u can make ringtones right on the phone)
Skyfire (IMO the best browser on the market. That sucker plays almost all the flash sites and vid sites)
PimBackup (Backup app. can backup ur contacts, text messages, folders, etc. Essential for me when I do a hard reset,cause it restores everything back into their rightful place)
Wmwifirouter (Discussed earlier in this thread)
Slingplayer Mobile (If you dont know by now what this is...watch your own tv on your phone)
SPB Mobile Shell (Used this before touchflo. Changes the interface on your phone to make it more finger friendly)

Thats all I can think of right now that I use on the reg.

I was waiting for this phone for about half a year now. and SMH @ the changed backside. Honestly, the diamond triangles on the back was the *$%%. Made itunique IMO.
Gonna get this *$%% for my SERO!!!!

Skyfire (IMO the best browser on the market. That sucker plays almost all the flash sites and vid sites)
Wmwifirouter (Discussed earlier in this thread)
Slingplayer Mobile (If you dont know by now what this is...watch your own tv on your phone)
yeah i actually had the free trial(Slingplayer Mobile) on my 6700. My friend got his friend to make anaccount to let me access his slingbox. Sucks that u have to pay for the mobile software. I really want my own slingbox now after that experience. I mean I wantone BAD!!

skyfire sounds like piff, i might have to check out the router software too for special circumstances.

The other apps ehhh i dont really IM, and I dont really want the touchFlo style BUT, I might just mod my 6700 just to mess around with it. who knows maybei'll change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom