Honestly, how would you handle a Heat championship?

champagne-nga.gif

diddy.gif

2hgcmd5.gif

will-smith-dancing-3-o.gif

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
images

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

And as far as this hunger discussion goes, if you're ignorant enough to simply define hunger by "years in the league without winning a championship", then sure, the Mavs are hungrier. Going by this logic, how did the Bulls win so many championships? They played 4 teams whose top 3 players never won a ring, and one of those 4 teams twice. And they beat them every time.

And besides, it's not like the Heat don't have players like this: Bron and Bosh, two of their three best players: 8 seasons in the league without a ring. Bibby: came in the league the same season as Nowitzki and came close but didn't win a ring. Mike Miller: 10th season in the league without a ring. This ain't peanuts. And just because Wade and Haslem have a ring, it doesn't mean that they're every bit as hungry. Besides, it's not like they won the championship last season. The Heat have been through a LOT since then. The haters acting like Bron and Bosh came to Miami to ride Wade to a ring forget that Wade and the Heat had the worst record in the league two seasons AFTER the 2006 championship season. The Heat were never even close to being legit contenders since 2006 and have never been past the first round since then. These dudes are ready to come full circle. Being blown out by 20 in game 1 against the Bulls and coming back this strong, best believe that's hunger.

Overall, it takes way more than hunger. I mean, if Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and John Stockton came out of retirement today, each of these four would be more hungry to get a ring than 100% players currently in the league. But that wouldn't do them much good, would it?

pimp.gif

And as far as this hunger discussion goes, if you're ignorant enough to simply define hunger by "years in the league without winning a championship", then sure, the Mavs are hungrier. Going by this logic, how did the Bulls win so many championships? They played 4 teams whose top 3 players never won a ring, and one of those 4 teams twice. And they beat them every time.

And besides, it's not like the Heat don't have players like this: Bron and Bosh, two of their three best players: 8 seasons in the league without a ring. Bibby: came in the league the same season as Nowitzki and came close but didn't win a ring. Mike Miller: 10th season in the league without a ring. This ain't peanuts. And just because Wade and Haslem have a ring, it doesn't mean that they're every bit as hungry. Besides, it's not like they won the championship last season. The Heat have been through a LOT since then. The haters acting like Bron and Bosh came to Miami to ride Wade to a ring forget that Wade and the Heat had the worst record in the league two seasons AFTER the 2006 championship season. The Heat were never even close to being legit contenders since 2006 and have never been past the first round since then. These dudes are ready to come full circle. Being blown out by 20 in game 1 against the Bulls and coming back this strong, best believe that's hunger.

Overall, it takes way more than hunger. I mean, if Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and John Stockton came out of retirement today, each of these four would be more hungry to get a ring than 100% players currently in the league. But that wouldn't do them much good, would it?

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bdis1986

pimp.gif
dont forget about big z and howard, james jones... hell even maglorie has put in some minutes during these playoffs...

Originally Posted by bdis1986

pimp.gif
dont forget about big z and howard, james jones... hell even maglorie has put in some minutes during these playoffs...

roll.gif
@ Mavs fans thinking that Dirk and Kidd's hunger is going to be a factor. Fans look too much into these non-factors. Now as far as the Dallas series with the Heat, I'm real curious to see the match ups. I see Bosh being limited and Wade and Lebron just going bananas. The Mavs killed the Heat this season, so hopefully this trend of beating teams they had losing records against in the regular season can continue.

roll.gif
@ Mavs fans thinking that Dirk and Kidd's hunger is going to be a factor. Fans look too much into these non-factors. Now as far as the Dallas series with the Heat, I'm real curious to see the match ups. I see Bosh being limited and Wade and Lebron just going bananas. The Mavs killed the Heat this season, so hopefully this trend of beating teams they had losing records against in the regular season can continue.

Better if they just win one now, since it will happen eventually... but this is it, no more. Next season the Knicks dynasty starts.
pimp.gif

Better if they just win one now, since it will happen eventually... but this is it, no more. Next season the Knicks dynasty starts.
pimp.gif

When they win I'm selling my south beach 8's for the going rate. I should make petty good money off of then at that point.

When they win I'm selling my south beach 8's for the going rate. I should make petty good money off of then at that point.

As long as the celtics didn't win anything, then I don't care. I'm still pissed at how the lakers went out.

I just want to see some good basketball

As long as the celtics didn't win anything, then I don't care. I'm still pissed at how the lakers went out.

I just want to see some good basketball

The real question is how your resident Lebron Stans like xtapolapacetl and Lukethejedi are gonna handle it?

I thinking somebody's gonna get their New Kids on the Block on, some night in June.

The real question is how your resident Lebron Stans like xtapolapacetl and Lukethejedi are gonna handle it?

I thinking somebody's gonna get their New Kids on the Block on, some night in June.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'd be happy for Lebron.. the monkey would be off his back and I'm a fan so good for him. Assuming it comes at the expense of the Mavs, I'd feel bad for Dirk and Kidd since this might be their last shot at a title.

Fairweather fans wouldn't be an issue for me, they happen all the time... Miami is a crappy sports city but that doesn't affect me.

I already realize this, but seeing them win would also be a little depressing since they're going to be the team to beat in the East as long as they're healthy, and that's a problem for everyone, the Knicks included.
Pretty much all this, I'll give credit where credit is due. I don't just blind hate on Lebron for no reason like a ton of you other lames

But I do want Dirk and Kidd to win a ring, Miami will be good for the next 5-7 years probably

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'd be happy for Lebron.. the monkey would be off his back and I'm a fan so good for him. Assuming it comes at the expense of the Mavs, I'd feel bad for Dirk and Kidd since this might be their last shot at a title.

Fairweather fans wouldn't be an issue for me, they happen all the time... Miami is a crappy sports city but that doesn't affect me.

I already realize this, but seeing them win would also be a little depressing since they're going to be the team to beat in the East as long as they're healthy, and that's a problem for everyone, the Knicks included.
Pretty much all this, I'll give credit where credit is due. I don't just blind hate on Lebron for no reason like a ton of you other lames

But I do want Dirk and Kidd to win a ring, Miami will be good for the next 5-7 years probably

Back
Top Bottom