Honestly, how would you handle a Heat championship?

Can you guys believe the Knicks have gone almost 40 years now without a chip? And the Heatles bout to get some rings within a year. I just laughed so hard, I realized I got it good.
laugh.gif

I'd be happy for Lebron.. the monkey would be off his back and I'm a fan so good for him. Assuming it comes at the expense of the Mavs, I'd feel bad for Dirk and Kidd since this might be their last shot at a title.

Fairweather fans wouldn't be an issue for me, they happen all the time... Miami is a crappy sports city but that doesn't affect me.

I already realize this, but seeing them win would also be a little depressing since they're going to be the team to beat in the East as long as they're healthy, and that's a problem for everyone, the Knicks included.

I'd be happy for Lebron.. the monkey would be off his back and I'm a fan so good for him. Assuming it comes at the expense of the Mavs, I'd feel bad for Dirk and Kidd since this might be their last shot at a title.

Fairweather fans wouldn't be an issue for me, they happen all the time... Miami is a crappy sports city but that doesn't affect me.

I already realize this, but seeing them win would also be a little depressing since they're going to be the team to beat in the East as long as they're healthy, and that's a problem for everyone, the Knicks included.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by akm2tan

They wont win. Mavs are alot hungrier this time around.
why wouldnt the heat be hungrier? 
You'd be damn nuts if you think Wade and Bron are hungrier than Kidd and Dirk. Three Finals appearances between them in like 15 years.
laugh.gif
Years of disappointment, noticing this is their last hurrah, their last chance to show the world what they got. The Heatles have tons of time to win. The Mavericks? They don't do it this year, it's not likely to ever have this run again, not with this core.

The rest of those Heat players are along for the ride, while Dallas is at least 8-deep with guys who desperately want to win.

Kidd, Stevenson, Marion, Dirk, Chandler, JET, Peja, JJ, you think these cats are coasting? Hell nah. They have busted their %%% all post-season long. No coasting for any of those cats. These guys realize this is their last chance at being a contributor to a Championship, and winning it would mean THEY won it, collectively, as a team. Similar to what the Pistons did back in the day. The title was all of theirs, not just Chaunceys. We got a group of guys (not just a big three) who all are hungry and want to prove that they are capable of winning this thing.

From what I've seen, the Mavericks are hungrier.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by akm2tan

They wont win. Mavs are alot hungrier this time around.
why wouldnt the heat be hungrier? 
You'd be damn nuts if you think Wade and Bron are hungrier than Kidd and Dirk. Three Finals appearances between them in like 15 years.
laugh.gif
Years of disappointment, noticing this is their last hurrah, their last chance to show the world what they got. The Heatles have tons of time to win. The Mavericks? They don't do it this year, it's not likely to ever have this run again, not with this core.

The rest of those Heat players are along for the ride, while Dallas is at least 8-deep with guys who desperately want to win.

Kidd, Stevenson, Marion, Dirk, Chandler, JET, Peja, JJ, you think these cats are coasting? Hell nah. They have busted their %%% all post-season long. No coasting for any of those cats. These guys realize this is their last chance at being a contributor to a Championship, and winning it would mean THEY won it, collectively, as a team. Similar to what the Pistons did back in the day. The title was all of theirs, not just Chaunceys. We got a group of guys (not just a big three) who all are hungry and want to prove that they are capable of winning this thing.

From what I've seen, the Mavericks are hungrier.

Bu... but... but I thought the Heat NOT winning a championship was a lock after that 9-8 start, being 1-3 against the Celtics and 0-3 against the Bulls in the regular season. Geez haters, make up your mind.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

I will be pissed. I would much rather see Dirk, Marion and Kidd get their rings rather than 3 guys who couldn't carry a team in their prime join forces like this is some kind of nba 2k draft.

I must be seeing things because I could've sworn that this was written by someone with a Celtics avatar.

Let me guess: Garnett/Pierce/Allen joining forces was somehow a fair and legit move, right? Kwame for Gasol was somehow a fair and legit move, right? That was something completely different. Free agents signing with a team of their choice is a @$!@% move, right?

"Carry a team", how?

Carry a team that was 1-7 in the 8 games without him in 08-09 and 09-10 and goes on a 25 game losing streak the first season he's gone to a championship?
Carry a team with Michael Beasley as your #2 guy, who goes on to be a part of the worst team in the league to a championship?
Carry a Canadian team with Bargnani as your #2 guy to a championship?

Yall are just mad salty. And I'm loving every second of it. Cry me a river.

Bu... but... but I thought the Heat NOT winning a championship was a lock after that 9-8 start, being 1-3 against the Celtics and 0-3 against the Bulls in the regular season. Geez haters, make up your mind.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

I will be pissed. I would much rather see Dirk, Marion and Kidd get their rings rather than 3 guys who couldn't carry a team in their prime join forces like this is some kind of nba 2k draft.

I must be seeing things because I could've sworn that this was written by someone with a Celtics avatar.

Let me guess: Garnett/Pierce/Allen joining forces was somehow a fair and legit move, right? Kwame for Gasol was somehow a fair and legit move, right? That was something completely different. Free agents signing with a team of their choice is a @$!@% move, right?

"Carry a team", how?

Carry a team that was 1-7 in the 8 games without him in 08-09 and 09-10 and goes on a 25 game losing streak the first season he's gone to a championship?
Carry a team with Michael Beasley as your #2 guy, who goes on to be a part of the worst team in the league to a championship?

it cant be worse than the lakers losing to detroit or boston in the finals

if they win they will be one year wonder...no team can keep up that defensive intensity for many years...especially when the superstars have to play 40+ min to win

it cant be worse than the lakers losing to detroit or boston in the finals

if they win they will be one year wonder...no team can keep up that defensive intensity for many years...especially when the superstars have to play 40+ min to win

And as far as this hunger discussion goes, if you're ignorant enough to simply define hunger by "years in the league without winning a championship", then sure, the Mavs are hungrier. Going by this logic, how did the Bulls win so many championships? They played 4 teams whose top 3 players never won a ring, and one of those 4 teams twice. And they beat them every time.

And besides, it's not like the Heat don't have players like this: Bron and Bosh, two of their three best players: 8 seasons in the league without a ring. Bibby: came in the league the same season as Nowitzki and came close but didn't win a ring. Mike Miller: 10th season in the league without a ring. This ain't peanuts. And just because Wade and Haslem have a ring, it doesn't mean that they're every bit as hungry. Besides, it's not like they won the championship last season. The Heat have been through a LOT since then. The haters acting like Bron and Bosh came to Miami to ride Wade to a ring forget that Wade and the Heat had the worst record in the league two seasons AFTER the 2006 championship season. The Heat were never even close to being legit contenders since 2006 and have never been past the first round since then. These dudes are ready to come full circle. Being blown out by 20 in game 1 against the Bulls and coming back this strong, best believe that's hunger.

Overall, it takes way more than hunger. I mean, if Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and John Stockton came out of retirement today, each of these four would be more hungry to get a ring than 100% players currently in the league. But that wouldn't do them much good, would it?

And as far as this hunger discussion goes, if you're ignorant enough to simply define hunger by "years in the league without winning a championship", then sure, the Mavs are hungrier. Going by this logic, how did the Bulls win so many championships? They played 4 teams whose top 3 players never won a ring, and one of those 4 teams twice. And they beat them every time.

And besides, it's not like the Heat don't have players like this: Bron and Bosh, two of their three best players: 8 seasons in the league without a ring. Bibby: came in the league the same season as Nowitzki and came close but didn't win a ring. Mike Miller: 10th season in the league without a ring. This ain't peanuts. And just because Wade and Haslem have a ring, it doesn't mean that they're every bit as hungry. Besides, it's not like they won the championship last season. The Heat have been through a LOT since then. The haters acting like Bron and Bosh came to Miami to ride Wade to a ring forget that Wade and the Heat had the worst record in the league two seasons AFTER the 2006 championship season. The Heat were never even close to being legit contenders since 2006 and have never been past the first round since then. These dudes are ready to come full circle. Being blown out by 20 in game 1 against the Bulls and coming back this strong, best believe that's hunger.

Overall, it takes way more than hunger. I mean, if Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and John Stockton came out of retirement today, each of these four would be more hungry to get a ring than 100% players currently in the league. But that wouldn't do them much good, would it?

the only person i would want on dallas to get a ring is dirk. all them other dudes can %#+% off. none of them douches deserve a ring. be like the guy from half baked %#+% you.....%#+% you.......your cool.....

the only person i would want on dallas to get a ring is dirk. all them other dudes can %#+% off. none of them douches deserve a ring. be like the guy from half baked %#+% you.....%#+% you.......your cool.....

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

Hess Side 978 wrote:

"Carry a team", how?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Preach ma du 
pimp.gif

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

Hess Side 978 wrote:

"Carry a team", how?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Preach ma du 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom