Historically underrated NBA players.

Oh and Jason Kidd to a small extent. You go back and look at those Nets rosters that went to the Finals. !$@++%% ABYSMAL
laugh.gif

Perfect example of this is Demarcus Cousins, tough dude, 6-11, 7-6 wingspan makes his standing reach about equal to Dirk. We can all agree that Dirk Nowitski is not more athletic than Cousins is.

Cousins block rate is equal to Dirks career block rate, yet nobody thinks Cousins is soft, because when you and below average athlete and can't get off the ground quick, it's difficult to get blocks.

Perfect example of this is Demarcus Cousins, tough dude, 6-11, 7-6 wingspan makes his standing reach about equal to Dirk. We can all agree that Dirk Nowitski is not more athletic than Cousins is.

Cousins block rate is equal to Dirks career block rate, yet nobody thinks Cousins is soft, because when you and below average athlete and can't get off the ground quick, it's difficult to get blocks.

Is Alex English not underrated or is he incredibly underrated? I was expecting to see his name in this thread.

Is Alex English not underrated or is he incredibly underrated? I was expecting to see his name in this thread.

joegolfdad:
Just curious, who are your most "competitive" players in the NBA?
Tell you what, towards the end of a close LAL/DAL game, ball in Jason Terry's hand, I'm worried. He dishes to Dirk, I exhale a little. Ball gets back to Terry, I'm worried.
joegolfdad:
Also, I guess tyson chandler is soft because he is 7ft and averaging only 1 bpg this year.
The argument could be made. Factor in his injuries and the fact that he's still a solid rebounder, and the argument becomes a little weaker.

The argument could still be made, though, definitely.

joegolfdad:
Tell you what, towards the end of a close LAL/DAL game, ball in Jason Terry's hand, I'm worried. He dishes to Dirk, I exhale a little. Ball gets back to Terry, I'm worried.
joegolfdad:
Also, I guess tyson chandler is soft because he is 7ft and averaging only 1 bpg this year.
The argument could be made. Factor in his injuries and the fact that he's still a solid rebounder, and the argument becomes a little weaker.

Jason Terry? I know he's hit his fair share of shots but...

Spoiler [+]
1eq9dx.gif

Jason Terry? I know he's hit his fair share of shots but...

Spoiler [+]
1eq9dx.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

joegolfdad:

Based on the facts your fears are irrational, perception not reality. Terry is also excellent but Dirk edges him out just about every year they have been keeping track of clutch.

I think Dirk hit 10 game winners last year how many more is he going to have to hit? If you said oh Terry is better in the clutch that could be argued, but to talk about Dirk competitiveness? Nonsense.

joegolfdad:

Based on the facts your fears are irrational, perception not reality. Terry is also excellent but Dirk edges him out just about every year they have been keeping track of clutch.

I think Dirk hit 10 game winners last year how many more is he going to have to hit? If you said oh Terry is better in the clutch that could be argued, but to talk about Dirk competitiveness? Nonsense.

Dirk wandering around... literally... with his hands down by his side... literally... while his team is in the middle of a skirmish... is a testament to his softness. Not breaking anything up, not taking up for a teammate... not being a peacemaker, not being an instigator... literally just wandering around... that's soft. And also not quantifiable. But noticeable. I noticed.

Dirk wandering around... literally... with his hands down by his side... literally... while his team is in the middle of a skirmish... is a testament to his softness. Not breaking anything up, not taking up for a teammate... not being a peacemaker, not being an instigator... literally just wandering around... that's soft. And also not quantifiable. But noticeable. I noticed.

joegolfdad:
joegolfdad:

You didn't answer my question. Unless your a genetic freak, it takes an incredible amount of competitiveness just to make the NBA... And to be a superstar like Dirk. is a whole different level. Dirk is a top 10 player in the league, one of the best pf's of all-time, and your questioning his competitiveness? He won an MVP for chrissakes... It's a dumb argument

joegolfdad:
joegolfdad:

You didn't answer my question. Unless your a genetic freak, it takes an incredible amount of competitiveness just to make the NBA... And to be a superstar like Dirk. is a whole different level. Dirk is a top 10 player in the league, one of the best pf's of all-time, and your questioning his competitiveness? He won an MVP for chrissakes... It's a dumb argument

Thats fine as long as you recognize that it's your perception of anecdotal situations. his rebounding (above average.), his late game performance(outstanding) have nothing to do with it.

Me personally I don't think that stuff means anything, especially the body language reading, Kobe Bryant quit on his team in the second half of a playoff game, and nobody considers hims "soft" for that. I know I don't.

I just think soft is stupid term that generally doesn't mean anything and has no effect on the outcomes of games.

Originally Posted by jmb1523

What about Nique? People remember the dunks and thats it.

I think he said it himself that he was underrated, and their was alot more to his game than dunks.

ill be honest, i never watched him play and thats all i know about him. could he even shoot or rebound? all i know about him is dunk and well....dunks.

Originally Posted by jmb1523

What about Nique? People remember the dunks and thats it.

I think he said it himself that he was underrated, and their was alot more to his game than dunks.

ill be honest, i never watched him play and thats all i know about him. could he even shoot or rebound? all i know about him is dunk and well....dunks.

Thats fine as long as you recognize that it's your perception of anecdotal situations. his rebounding (above average.), his late game performance(outstanding) have nothing to do with it.

Me personally I don't think that stuff means anything, especially the body language reading, Kobe Bryant quit on his team in the second half of a playoff game, and nobody considers hims "soft" for that. I know I don't.

I just think soft is stupid term that generally doesn't mean anything and has no effect on the outcomes of games.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

DMC is a big baby. Really tho, bad example using Cousins. Cousins needs to stop wandering out there taking jumpers himself. Defensively, he is a foul machine too. But he is a rookie.

Use Kris Humphries or something as an example. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

DMC is a big baby. Really tho, bad example using Cousins. Cousins needs to stop wandering out there taking jumpers himself. Defensively, he is a foul machine too. But he is a rookie.

Use Kris Humphries or something as an example. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom