Highest Paid Musicians of 2015

Only Future song I can tolerate is Bugatti. I don't see or hear his appeal. Autotune + Mumbling = masses love it.

What exactly is his influence?

The whole rap game sounding like him with the Autotune and cadence

as much as I hate this song, this is what started every autotune song you hear

But I'm talking about who made ****** in the hood start using it...

****** in the hood don't listen to Cher

And that was one song, it wasn't really like her signature...

As far as urban music, it went from

T-Pain > Kanye/Wayne > Futuristic Atlanta Era (Travis Porter/Roscoe Dash/Yung LA/etc.) > Future/Thug > it being all over urban music right now

How about doing more than making mediocre albums that are hyped and then forgotten after 3 months

Whether you like him or not he doing deals with Apple, Sprite and Jordan and ****

Music quality aside he is making moves

I mean, most us are aware of EDM music. That does not mean we like it, or that it's good to us :lol:

This

I dunno I guess I assumed people just no other names in music and what people do like myself o well.

I don't play video games so I can't have input in the gamer threads for example ok sounds accurate.

T-Pain > Kanye/Wayne > Futuristic Atlanta Era (Travis Porter/Roscoe Dash/Yung LA/etc.) > Future/Thug > it being all over urban music right now

get real T Pain made straight top 40 music, y'all used to clown this man so hard now he's some influential jesus of music, get out of here with that

influential artists are looked at as pioneers, nobody is going to look back and be like "look what T Pain did for the game" dude had a nice run with some solid hits but that's it

Cher’s “Believe” really was T-Pain’s Auto-Tune inspiration. T-Pain remembers searching everywhere to find the effect. “There was something driving me to look for that thing, and I found it,” he reflects. “Boy, did I find it.”

straight out of T Pain's mouth

Last edited:
get real T Pain made straight top 40 music, y'all used to clown this man so hard now he's some influential jesus of music, get out of here with that

influential artists are looked at as pioneers, nobody is going to look back and be like "look what T Pain did for the game" dude had a nice run with some solid hits but that's it
straight out of T Pain's mouth

No one is saying T Pain himself didn't get the idea from Cher but objectively it wasn't in urban music before him :lol:.

Hate or love his music, like I said, without T-Pain, a lot of things change in how urban music sounds over the last decade. Objectively. And that's how you judge influence: without X does Y still take place?

And t-Pain was known for those club records but his albums had some cuts...talking down on this man and you've likely never listened to Epiphany or Rappa Ternt Sanga all the way through...again, speaking on things you don't know much about...

Last edited:

This.

Pretty much the flow of Auto tune in MODERN Rap music. Somebody gets it.

Tpain's quote from billboard the other day
http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-pain-rappa-ternt-sanga-anniversary-interview

"I would say as recent as [Kanye West's] 808s & Heartbreaks, which was a direct copy of Rappa Ternt Sanga. I’m not just being a **** saying that **** sounds a lot like mine. Like literally [Kanye] told me that he listened to Rappa Ternt Sanga and he made 808s & Heartbreaks. He even brought me in to make it sound more like Rappa Ternt Sanga. [Laughs.] Something that I did that was directly copied got so many awards -- that’s evidence right there. Rappa Ternt Sanga is still relevant because the sound is still prevalent in the whole industry. It’s never gonna stop."

Since we are on a T Pain topic dude is currently working btw and had new album coming out soon I believe

Cut his hair also, you'll see him in 2016.

Auto tune never in urban music before t pain? Lol
Y'all sound 12

"Modern" rap music. Everybody already knows about roger troutman and them. HOV didn't make death to auto tune to address Roger Troutman and Cher :lol:.

Tpain, reintroduced auto tune to urban music in a rapping/singing way on a large mainstream scale...then Kanye and Wayne hopped on it, then the Futuristic wave in ATL, then the Trap got a hold of it...and it's been embedded in modern hip hop.

I look at this list and think to myself it doesn't profit most times in the long run to brag. Most Hip-Hop artist brag on thier music with thier appearance. After a while a lot of fans alienate those artist and say why support someone who is going to throw it in my face? End of the day good music is good music but I do not know of Katy ever saying I got more than you my fans, look at me now.

Still remember when Roger Troutman was killed in my city..Everyone was talking about him for weeks and you couldn't turn on local radio without hearing this classic..

lol Rap does have a bad habit of talking about its fanbase....to its fanbase.

crazy part about T Pain is nobody thought he could actually sing and he has a very good voice

I look at this list and think to myself it doesn't profit most times in the long run to brag. Most Hip-Hop artist brag on thier music with thier appearance. After a while a lot of fans alienate those artist and say why support someone who is going to throw it in my face? End of the day good music is good music but I do not know of Katy ever saying I got more than you my fans, look at me now.

Some truth to this. Katy perry also doesn't write her own music :lol:.

Sometimes, we forget that Pop music is actual "popular music", and reaches farther and wider than hip hop. While hip hop is global, monetizing hip hop for its artist won't be comparable to pop music for a multitude of reasons.

Some truth to this. Katy perry also doesn't write her own music :lol:.

Sometimes, we forget that Pop music is actual "popular music", and reaches farther and wider than hip hop. While hip hop is global, monetizing hip hop for its artist won't be comparable to pop music for a multitude of reasons.

Not true..If you go do a quick search you'll see that Katy Perry has a help pen most of her biggest hits..

Can't take Justin Beiber serious. I don't care if he young, that's the same as the "I was drunk" Riley KKKooper excuse lol. He was old enough to know what the KKK is. Everything about the kid screams culture vulture. On top of that his music ain't that good IMO. It's plenty of real R&B artist out that are better than him.

Man I don't know if ya'll are serious, or just forgot how much of a dickhead you were at 15. By that logic, ya'll baggy pants wearing, female dogging, school skipping, weed smoking, foul mouth degenerates should not have access to jobs. If you really thought about it, you've said as bad. I won't keep being overly critical of a kid, they're not influencers, they're influenced. To keep pushing that is like being in the same category as those who justify young black kids murders by police because they weren't exactly straight a students.

Not true..If you go do a quick search you'll see that Katy Perry has a help pen most of her biggest hits..

I actually know one of the dudes that writes and produces for Katy Perry and the like. He's eating :lol:. I'm sure she writes some, but she has a crew. I don't expect pop stars to pen their hits or look for lyrical content....so it doesn't matter to me really.

I can't say I'm happy with the state of Pop music. Everything is EDM influenced. I'm real outta touch with the Stars these days. 80s-early 2000's Pop music sounded sonically better.

Roger Troutman didn't use Autotune. He used a "talk box", which is used in conjunction with a keyboard/synth. Actual musical talent involved. The only producers who can really handle that machine now are Stevie Wonder, DJ Quik, Teddy Riley, and Battlecat.

how do we know that drake and future won't be the fleetwood mac and the eagles of our generation ? 

I'm pretty sure the fleetwood macs and eagles thought they'd be on the charts 40 years later so how can we say future drake won't be there...

Last edited:
how do we know that drake and future won't be the fleetwood mac and the eagles of our generation ? 

I'm pretty sure the fleetwood macs and eagles thought they'd be on the charts 40 years later so how can we say future drake won't be there...

Because rap is trendy as hell.

Drake will end up a legend, people hate on him but what he has done in 7+ years is incredibly impressive

Future will fade to black and be irrelevant in 5 years

Back
Top Bottom