Highest Paid Musicians of 2015

The irony of not only not recognizing Future's influence in rap right now, but to then go on and discredit T-Pain's influence in urban music.

Stop talking about things you don't know much about.

Please enlighten me on what T Pain influenced? he had a string of hits that barely get played anymore, he will always be remembered for being that guy who perfected autotune

I like T Pain and had his albums but keep it 100

Please enlighten me on what T Pain influenced? he had a string of hits that barely get played anymore, he will always be remembered for being that guy who perfected autotune

Brought Autotune to prominence in urban music...

What do you hear all over urban music or more specifically rap today? Autotune.

No T-Pain means no 808s and Heartbreak which means that Drake pretty much still sounds like Comeback Season and who knows if he's anywhere as big without that blurry, ambient emotional sound.

Wayne using Autotune (because of T-Pain) birthed guys like Future and Thug and the entire game is copying them right now.

The talkbox and Autotune are not the same thing. Because people like to say Teddy Riley/Roger Troutman or whoever did Autotune first. A talkbox is blowing into a tube and actually playing keys to get the notes. Autotune is pretty much just slapping an effect on your voice, you can get more detailed with it but that's the gist of it.

TL;DR - Without T-Pain, objectively, urban music sounds extremely different right now and I think that's the mark of true influence.

Last edited:

Heard of him vaguely only thru stuff like Forbes. Personally, I think most of EDM is corny....and don't really frequent places where this gets play.....so without being on NT and stuff, I'd have no idea who dude is. None of the people I hang with have a clue who he is either :lol:.

Heard most of the songs you've posted in some white bars and H&M though...never put a face/name with the song. All sounds the same.

Last edited:
Honestly the biggest surprise on the list to me is Garth Brooks.

Id love to know how Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles are caking like that though. Like just off music sales? Are they even touring or anything? that many people are buying their records still or streaming? And if thats so how is Adele not on there I am sure she has made more this year on album sales then Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles combined

Garth and The Eagles have extremely successful tours..I don't think most people understand how much these dudes are making from ticket sales alone..When you're selling out a 20-50k seat arena/stadium with the cheapest ticket at $125 a piece (and floor seats going for 4-500 and meet and greet packages going for 2-3000 per ticket) it's easy to make massive amounts of cash..Plus you get these middle aged middle class white people dropping money on concessions and merchandise, it's insane..

Garth Brooks surprises me because his comeback album pretty much tanked

Maybe it's because he finally put his catalog to music services

It's cause of the touring man..Most artists these days don't even care about how much they make off their albums..They care about how much each venue can seat, how many merch booths the venue has, and how much of a percentage they're gonna get from concessions..That's where the real money is..

I took my son to his first KISS concert 2 years ago..I bought 2 to an amphitheater (partially covered outdoor venue) which cost me around $225 w/parking & taxes included..I bought him a bottle of water for $3.50, a beer for $6, a kids shirt for $30, and an adult shirt for $45..So for us to see a band that tours every 3-4 yrs, having seats in the back of the covered portion of the venue, and drinks/merch I spent a little over $300..Now imagine how much people are paying to see a band/artist that hasn't toured in a decade..And they're seeing them in an arena/stadium where there's 3-5x's more seats (KISS sold out our show at about 13-15k people)..Plus I guarantee Garth/Eagles shirts are coming in at about $45-$60 a piece and the venues they play have more food/beverage stands to sell from..You can easily see how these dudes are bringing in ridiculous amounts of money each show..

Last edited:

No T-Pain means no 808s and Heartbreak which means that Drake pretty much still sounds like Comeback Season and who knows if he's anywhere as big without that blurry, ambient emotional sound.

Wayne using Autotune (because of T-Pain) birthed guys like Future and Thug and the entire game is copying them right now.

The talkbox and Autotune are not the same thing. Because people like to say Teddy Riley or whoever did Autotune first. A talkbox is blowing into a tube and actually playing keys to get the notes. Autotune is pretty much just slapping an effect on your voice, you can get more detailed with it but that's the gist of it.

TL;DR - Without T-Pain, objectively, urban music sounds extremely different right now and I think that's the mark of true influence.

*ahem*Roger Troutman*ahem*

But ill give you that one..

Hey serious question...

How come NYC DJ Funkmaster Flex is never on these lists.

If he's the #1 DJ in the world shouldn't he be making more money than the other DJ's?

Maybe because he only really does shows and stuff in the Tri state area?

I always wondered about how he's the #1 DJ he proclaims himself to be and has the numbers/listeners to back it up but you hardly hear about his money pile. He does have some dope whips though.

what the hell did Future influence? :lol:

dude is the T Pain of rap

The irony of not only not recognizing Future's influence in rap right now, but to then go on and discredit T-Pain's influence in urban music.

Only Future song I can tolerate is Bugatti. I don't see or hear his appeal. Autotune + Mumbling = masses love it.

What exactly is his influence?

Heard of him vaguely only thru stuff like Forbes. Personally, I think most of EDM is corny....and don't really frequent places where this gets play.....so without being on NT and stuff, I'd have no idea who dude is. None of the people I hang with have a clue who he is either
laugh.gif

Heard most of the songs you've posted in some white bars and H&M though...never put a face/name with the song. All sounds the same.
I used to dislike it but here in Belgium it's literally impossible to avoid it. Most of the radio is EDM and 90% of what gets played in bars, clubs is EDM too.

We don't even have a hiphop radio station. I can't remember the last time I heard a rap song on the radio.

I used to go out a lot so I've grown to like it. Not something I'd listen to at home much but it's great in a bar or club.

The talkbox and Autotune are not the same thing. Because people like to say Teddy Riley or whoever did Autotune first. A talkbox is blowing into a tube and actually playing keys to get the notes. Autotune is pretty much just slapping an effect on your voice, you can get more detailed with it but that's the gist of it.

I think you are giving way too much credit to T Pain, he wasn't the only one using autotune at the time, he just put together a solid string of hits with it, Cher's Believe is what really put autotune into the forefront of Top 40 music and Daft Punk followed

this board used to clown T Pain like no other, I digress

Roger & Zapp brought autotune to urban music. You honestly can't think it's b/c of T-Pain. :lol:

Only Future song I can tolerate is Bugatti. I don't see or hear his appeal. Autotune + Mumbling = masses love it.

Bringing up the autotune when talking about future lets everyone know you really dont listen to him.

Calvin Harris stays on these lists. That Vegas money is no joke.

It's not just Vegas. Most importantly, is he produces all of his own music. So the points off every track he releases gotta be hella high. And Europeans LOVE Calvin Harris, in fact anywhere, where dance/electronica/electro music is enjoyed, Calvin gets love.
Yeah he's been poppin there forever. People got put into him probably when he did that song with Rihanna here. You knew who he was if you liked electronic music but I'm sure most Americans never heard of him. Yeah I forgot about all his stuff he produces for everyone else making him money. Dude will be on top forever.

Bringing up the autotune when talking about future lets everyone know you really dont listen to him.

Not sure what about my post gave away that I don't listen to him, Sherlock...

Not sure what about my post gave away that I don't listen to him, Sherlock...

Bruh I have a Future only playlist with 43 the songs on it...he maybe, possibly, used they autotune on 5 of those 43 songs

Back
Top Bottom