Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is this only for working people who are out of work
or for everyone Regardless if you’re working or not
The highlights so far:

ONE-TIME CHECKS TO AMERICANS

The measure would provide a quick, one-time stipend of about $1,200 per individual, $2,400 for couples, and $3,000 for family of four. The money would cut off at higher income levels.

PAYCHECK SUPPORT

An estimated $350 billion would be provided for small businesses to keep making payroll. Companies with 500 or fewer employees could tap up to $10 million each in forgivable small business loans to keep paychecks flowing. The program would provide 8 weeks of assistance through federally-guaranteed loans qualifying employers who maintain payroll; if they do, other costs like mortgage interest, rent, and utilities would be forgiven.

UNEMPLOYMENT EXPANSION

Establishes a new, much more generous unemployment benefit by adding $600 per week to normal state benefits for up to four months and provides an additional 13 weeks of benefits to 39 weeks of regular unemployment insurance through the end of 2020 if they are sidelined by the outbreak. The coverage would be retroactive to Jan. 27. Extends coverage to “gig” workers and independent contractors.

Recruiter hit me up, NY Trying to get all hands on deck
F1E48B60-75B5-4FE6-964D-7E12278AA847.jpeg

I think Larry Kudlow or someone said its $6 Trillion deal. Gotta see this.

Stimulus package is better than nothing. My question is whether they went with the proposal to suspend consumer debt until pandemic is over. If people still have mortgages and other loans/bills then $1200/head, or $3k for family of 4, is just delaying the inevitable. My family would rather have 3-6 months of our mortgage suspended over $3k, but something is better than nothing.

The unemployment insurance is more interesting to me. So they’re adding 600 bucks a week to your payment? That’s way better than that wack 1,200.

How does the 1200 dollar thing work? Who’s eligible for it?
If you filed a tax return in ‘18 or ‘19 you get it. They look at your adjusted gross income (AGI) = gross salary minus any tax deductions you took.

Singles no dependents (nobody claimed you as their dependent either) w/ AGI $75k or less get $1200.

Take off $5 for every $100 over $75k (so AGI of $85k you get a $700 check) until you hit $99k, at that point you get $0

It’ll likely be deemed an “advance payment” where you’ll have recompute what your check would’ve been using your 2020 AGI when you do your 2020 taxes this time next year, and you may have to pay back the difference.

Ex. You get $1200 based on your ‘18/‘19 AGI of $75k, your 2020 AGI is $85k so you would’ve gotten a $700 check, so you’ll have to pay back $500.

Last edited:
If you filed a tax return in ‘18 or ‘19 you get it. They look at your adjusted gross income (AGI) = gross salary minus any tax deductions you took.

Singles no dependents (nobody claimed you as their dependent either) w/ AGI $75k or less get $1200.

Take off $5 for every $100 over $75k (so AGI of $85k you get a $700 check) until you hit $99k, at that point you get $0

It’ll likely be deemed an “advance payment” where you’ll have recompute what your check would’ve been using your 2020 AGI when you do your 2020 taxes this time next year, and you may have to pay back the difference.

Ex. You get $1200 based on your ‘18/‘19 AGI of $75k, your 2020 AGI is $85k so you would’ve gotten a $700 check, so you’ll have to pay back $500.
Not asking you for the answer cause it's way too early, but wonder how they're distributing this? The same way we get our tax refunds? Swear if I gotta pay another fee to one of these tax companies to get my check...

Sucks that employees at grocery stores don’t have masks and gloves
Especially the cashiers
These companies should be doing all they can to provide them with it

Not sure how much it will protect them with a small guard

Damn that stimulus package completely ignored small businesses and self employed people who make over 100k and find themselves out of income now..
Small Business Administration: $50B coronavirus lifeline 'already starting to be approved'

I don’t like this one bit. All these non essential businesses will not see a dime as many spend this on crap on amazon and grocery stores.
This benefits a few. For most,‘it’s a bandaid to such a large debt load

I'm scared. Dont know what to do.

I tried to go get tested but they told me I have to contact my PCP whichbis closed.

Then I'm thinking if I'm just anxious and this will pass, I'm potentially going to an ER to get exposed.

Man ...
I'm no expert, but if you can't wait for your PCP, go for the ER.

Until you do, monitor the level of your shortness of breath. Can you stand up or move around?

So if you didnt file taxes in 2018 or 2019 for the previous year, you’re not eligible? I just did my taxes for 2019, my first time filing. Am I screwed as far as this one time payment goes?

Back
Top Bottom