Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Regarding exposure, can this infect 100% of us? Let’s say there’s a business meeting at a hotel. If those that got infected all had a face to face conversation with someone who had it, and 40 of 50 people got infected, what does that tell us about the other 10? Immune is sort of what I want to say but that may not be the right word

Does ones immune system put up a small fight upon initial infection?
This sounds like it’s super infectious but it needs ideal situations. And even then, some people aren’t catching it (yet).does that give us any hope?

That was the actual question, was there a separate test for covid 19 and SARS CoV-2.
No there's no separate test for both. Cov19 is the disease and Sars cov 2is the virus that causes it. So if you hear someone say he's getting tested for SARS cov 2 that does not mean he's not getting tested for cov19

Poor whites have gotta be skeptical of trump by now. If the rumored bailout of 1K isn’t approved soon there’s going to be a massive amount of angry people in 2 weeks.

We still don’t even know what’s up with the mortgages/ rents, nor has an official ban on evictions happened.

For Trump to be perceived as a man of action dude is seriously lagging.

Regarding exposure, can this infect 100% of us? Let’s say there’s a business meeting at a hotel. If those that got infected all had a face to face conversation with someone who had it, and 40 of 50 people got infected, what does that tell us about the other 10? Immune is sort of what I want to say but that may not be the right word

This sounds like it’s super infectious but it needs ideal situations. And even then, some people aren’t catching it (yet).does that give us any hope?

There’s a huge worry that if left unchecked the virus will mutate and come back for those it missed in the initial sweep.

we’ve already seen the seriously afflicted age range grow dramatically.

Yo what did China do !
and why aren’t we doing the same !
Even if China is telling the truth and they contained it and are moving forward now ...

We wouldn't be able to do the same because people here are entitled and wouldnt stand for a goverment mandate shelter in place where you just go out for the necessity one person per family at a time for emergencies.

In addition, they were collecting infected people and sending them to god knows where.

If they have the largest populations and they couldn't keep up with medical demands I wonder what the US is going to be able to do.

5162814abf66267598f28b6edc4a4cd2.gif

No there's no separate test for both. Cov19 is the disease and Sars cov 2is the virus that causes it. So if you hear someone say he's getting tested for SARS cov 2 that does not mean he's not getting tested for cov19
That's not my question. By separate tests I'm asking is there a specific test for COVID-19 and separate specific test for SARS CoV-2?

NY Governor Cuomo on people not social distancing:

“It is insensitive. It is arrogant and disrespectful,” Cuomo said. “This is not a joke and I am not kidding.”

He is heated at NY folks' audacity :lol:

Bro - one of my homies in NYC just told me they are playing full court pick-up games at the park on W 4th St! With spectators!!! NYCers gotta smarten up.

To say he thrives when he's underestimated is off base in this situation for a variety ofreasons. First off, I wouldn't say many were underestimating him as the winner of the 2020 electon prior to this. In fact, many people, even democrats, believed he had a strong chance to win. Second, if anything he would have been underestimated coming into this virus. Now, he's just proven all his doubters to be right in their doubt of his ability to handle a major crisis. Finally, I think people would have been less like to vote PRIOR to the pandemic because they would have thought" why vote if he's going to win anyway?" After seeing his handling of this situation those folks might be thinking "Oh ****, there's a chance we could get Trump out the paint. Let me make sure I got vote this November." Not to mention Bernie supporters who would have stayed at home otherwise might see how the Republican party is acting and decide to do the right thing and vote for the Dems regardless of candidate.

I agree with you about the first part of your post that he does have this "war-time president" narrative that his administration is trying to push going for him. However, outside of that he is looking extremely shaky. I'm not sure of your political leanings, nor does it particularly matter in the context of this conversation, but I've noticed a lot of Trump supporters caping for him and trying to shove blame, find silver linings and/or spin this as positive which is absurd IMO.
Just curious, where did I say ppl WERE underestimating trump? I said "Don't sleep on trump, he thrives when he's underestimated." My source for that is the 2016 election. I never said ppl WILL underestimate him, I said DON'T underestimate him. There's a difference.

As for your second paragraph you said "I'm not sure of your political leanings, nor does it particularly matter in the context of this conversation, but I've noticed a lot of Trump supporters caping for him and trying to shove blame, find silver linings and/or spin this as positive which is absurd IMO." Yes I already mentioned that. You only quoted half my original comment. My first sentence was literally "Ppl have short term memory. Trump will easily shift the blame to China..."

Made me think of my question I posted in the NBA topic. Why/how did only 2 Jazz players test positive, only 2 Lakers, 3 Nets. They obviously are very close in contact with each other. The Raptors played the Jazz 2 days prior to the shutdown and none of them tested positive. Tested too early?

Last edited:
NY Governor Cuomo on people not social distancing:

“It is insensitive. It is arrogant and disrespectful,” Cuomo said. “This is not a joke and I am not kidding.”

He is heated at NY folks' audacity :lol:

Agree with him 1000%

Wayyyyyyy too many people not taking this serious at all

FROM GOV CUOMO PRESSER:

4,812 new cases in New York State, including 2,832 new cases in New York City
15,168 total cases in New York State, 9,045 in NYC

1,974 hospitalized for COVID-19 in New York State (13% of cases), says Governor Cuomo

New York State has tested 61,401 people
That is 0.3% of the state's population

*House Speaker Pelosi: No Deal With Senate Republicans Yet

*Pelosi: House Democrats Will Introduce Their Own Bill

*'Hopefully It Will Be Compatible' With Senate Plan, Pelosi Says of House Bill

*Mitch McConnell to Speak to Reporters Soon

MCCONNELL SAYS SENATE WILL VOTE ON CORONAVIRUS ECONOMIC RELIEF BILL ON MONDAY

Just curious, where did I say ppl WERE underestimating trump? I said "Don't sleep on trump, he thrives when he's underestimated." My source for that is the 2016 election. I never said ppl WILL underestimate him, I said DON'T underestimate him. There's a difference.

In the context with which you referenced it, your post appeared to intimate that voters would underestimate him by thinking he’s going to to lose and subsequently stay home. That was entirely the case in 2016. However, I was simply noting that this time around, if anything, it would be the opposite. People learned their lesson. If they truly care about getting Trump out of office they will vote otherwise it’s whatever to them.

You only quoted half my original comment. My first sentence was literally "Ppl have short term memory. Trump will easily shift the blame to China..."

I did only quote half the comment because I thought I was only going to address that half but the second portion came to mind and I didn’t want to re-quote but I did acknowledge the first half which included the commentary about him shifting the blame. However, to dismiss my statement on those grounds completely ignores the critical fact that I also added the fact that his supporters find silver linings (ex: “His handling of this hasn’t been great...imagine if Trump didn’t respond how he did to China initially. It could be soooo much worse”) as well as cape for him (ex. “It’s just his lack of eloquence that’s causing confusion” or “It’s really not as bad as the media is portraying it”).

I think fundamentally we are on the same page. I just wanted to add to your original statement

Back
Top Bottom