Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
2C08A414-5FB1-44B0-B763-EF6CF0BE93BE.jpeg

6BEA2A1A-A02A-4F79-B827-B91C97A3DC7E.jpeg

In regard to rapid tests @whywesteppin mentioned, I was pleasantly surprised to see that CVS sells a reasonably priced BinaxNOW antigen test by Abbott Labs that is supposed to be pretty decent if you do it right. There are places around here that will do a 15 minute antigen test for ~$150. Some accept insurance and others are strictly cash only.

I can attest to the Abbott Binax rapid test. This is how I found out i was positive (I am vaccinated) without having to wait on the pcr. Cvs has good stock in my area and it’s fairly easy to use. I recommend anyone even thinking they have a hint of symptoms to get it.
Yes it’s less accurate but if you’re positive I think it’s pretty accurate from what I understand. When the PCR came back, it just proved the rapid works.

Up next, require vaccines for park entry!

PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!

Reading about covid in the US is bad enough; I couldn't imagine living there right now. I gotta give it up for y'all trying to maintain your sanity through this pandemic lol
Honestly, we have it much better here than in many other parts of the world.

A former classmate is part of the covid response team in my native country. We're still in touch through some internet group for former students of the school. Speaking about making vaccination becoming mandatory in many countries, he posted that he didn't understand why they'd require vaccines for those who are not sick. I repeat, this guy's everyday job is to coordinate the response against covid, and he doesn't know the difference between a vaccine and a serum.

I wish I were lying.

And let's not even get into mainstream, popular news outlets that are like NewsMax/OAN on steroids in some of these places.

And the vaccination rates are still abysmal in African countries (more than 90% unvaccinated), either due to misinformation or lack of vaccines. And the few that are available are of lower efficacy than Pfizer/Moderna/JJ (Sinovac and Sputnik).

We complain here but trust me, we're good (relatively speaking...)

Got a good one for you guys: my stepdad has 3 kids from his first marriage along with 1 teenage grandson They're all from NY, but they moved down to Florida with his ex-wife to become the Florida people they were destined to be. They're all high school dropouts with a couple of felonies between them and they believe everything about COVID and the vaccine that you would expect them to believe. The two sons have their own places, but his daughter and grandson live with the ex-wife.

The grandson tested positive last week and now his has progressed to pneumonia. The ex-wife tested positive later and is now currently hospitalized with complications. She's not a healthy person to begin with (moderate-severe CHF, obese, diabetic, etc.), and what I'm hearing about her current condition isn't great. The clincher though is that the daughter (along with the other two) made no effort to quarantine despite the fact that the daughter is a home health aide and works 12 hour shifts caring for a 90 year old woman.

My stepdad bugged out on them via Facetime while I was over yesterday. :lol:

Honestly, we have it much better here than in many other parts of the world.

A former classmate is part of the covid response team in my native country. We're still in touch through some internet group for former students of the school. Speaking about making vaccination becoming mandatory in many countries, he posted that he didn't understand why they'd require vaccines for those who are not sick. I repeat, this guy's everyday job is to coordinate the response against covid, and he doesn't know the difference between a vaccine and a serum.

I wish I were lying.

And let's not even get into mainstream, popular news outlets that are like NewsMax/OAN on steroids in some of these places.

And the vaccination rates are still abysmal in African countries (more than 90% unvaccinated), either due to misinformation or lack of vaccines. And the few that are available are of lower efficacy than Pfizer/Moderna/JJ (Sinovac and Sputnik).

We complain here but trust me, we're good (relatively speaking...)

You're so right. There are many parts of the world where the situation might not seem so bad if you just look at official figures, but that's only because they aren't testing or reporting. For example, I was just reading a report earlier today that indicated there have been ~500k excess deaths so far in 2021 in Russia. Official figures say they've had 154k COVID deaths since the start of the pandemic. Ok...

You're so right. There are many parts of the world where the situation might not seem so bad if you just look at official figures, but that's only because they aren't testing or reporting. For example, I was just reading a report earlier today that indicated there have been ~500k excess deaths so far in 2021 in Russia. Official figures say they've had 154k deaths since the start of the pandemic. Ok...

There are a bunch of countries I don’t believe fatality figures for. Russia is one China is the other. But countries like India which are densely populated doesn’t have accurate figures either.

I can attest to the Abbott Binax rapid test. This is how I found out i was positive (I am vaccinated) without having to wait on the pcr. Cvs has good stock in my area and it’s fairly easy to use. I recommend anyone even thinking they have a hint of symptoms to get it.
Yes it’s less accurate but if you’re positive I think it’s pretty accurate from what I understand. When the PCR came back, it just proved the rapid works.

Just curious, did you have to get the nasal swab so deep into your nose?

Back
Top Bottom