Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
my daughter is almost two and she's had a cough for over a week and a fever for about 3 days so we call her dr. and they say she needs a covid test before they see her. my wife takes her she said it was terrible. nobody else in the house got sick but my son's school said he has to stay home until we get the results. i was a little irritated but we didn't come this far by sticking with all of the guidelines only to start slacking off now.

I hope your little girl is ok
this must be a terrible time for you and your family
let’s all hope she gets better quickly

Last edited:
Silly Question of the day: If the vaccine doesn't stop the vaccinated person from spreading the disease and from what we know Children mostly experience asymptomatic cases when they are infected then wouldn't vaccinating all adults while children naturally get it and build antibodies/immunity result in the same thing?
Or does asymptomatic infection not produce antibodies?
I don't follow up too much on covid with children but some of them are not necessarily asymptomatic. They just present differently. Not so much respiratory symptoms iirc. Some will present with inflammatory symptoms not unlike rheumatoid arthritis.

Last I heard think both vaccinated ppl and children can be carriers and transmit.

Great talk.

1. Death rate per capita - NY = **** Show
2. Show me the impact on mental health, comparing and contrasting the cost / benefits of such decisions. You can't because no one cares enough.
3. Because I support having the option to not pay people for internships, and I prefer to wait until the science is settled on the vaccine, e.g., fertility, I don't care about the underserved? The lockdowns have undoubtedly hastened the mental decline of - wait for it, wait for it - mostly the underserved population and created vastly more mental illness - wait for it, wait for it - in the underserved community. Que?
4. Yes, I trust my wife. I have actually spent the last year in the BioTech space and advised companies on phase financials. I have had access to everyone in the larger companies. I am not just spouting nonsense.

I appreciate your perspective and respect your decisions.
Why are you assuming that there hasn't been any studies because "no one cares enough"? How do you know this data isn't being collected right now for a study? I'm no expert, but I'm assuming that the fact we are still in the pandemic would make conducting the study you're request pretty difficult and or inconclusive. There's so many other factors at play here too idk why you would expect a study like you're requesting be presented in the year we have been in the pandemic.

Why are you assuming that there hasn't been any studies because "no one cares enough"? How do you know this data isn't being collected right now for a study? I'm no expert, but I'm assuming that the fact we are still in the pandemic would make conducting the study you're request pretty difficult and or inconclusive. There's so many other factors at play here too idk why you would expect a study like you're requesting be presented in the year we have been in the pandemic.
Thank you for proving my point.

There are actually quite a few studies on this, but it's such a quick google search away and i'm not really sure what point dude is getting at.

I realize that vaccinating pregnant women has been a highly debated subject, but I feel this good news should be shared
check this out. a lot of people been talking about this around the hospital today

"The top line of the real-world results, issued by the Israeli ministry of health and the companies but not yet peer-reviewed by scientists, is efficacy of 97% against disease and death and 94% against infection without symptoms."

“The findings which suggest that the vaccine may also provide protection against asymptomatic Sars-CoV-2 infections are particularly meaningful as we look to disrupt the spread of the virus around the globe,” said Luis Jodar, the chief medical officer at Pfizer Vaccines.

This is huge if it ends up being proven true. light at the end of the tunnel. hopefully the moderna vaccine ends up being just as effective (if true).

me coming into this thread for the past few weeks seeing more and more nters getting vaccinated everyday. what sucks even more is seeing friends and acquaintances getting vaccinated when they've been out the past year doing **** like we arent in a pandemic.

1616014554151.png

This fool straight up denied Tanzanian doctors the right to speak about Covid in public. The official line of the government recommended prayer and hand washing as a cure for the disease, and they reclassified those who died from it as victims of pneumonia.

It's ok, I'm sure they only had 0.4 years left to live anyway.

btw these expendable people in their 60s and 70s are presidents and surgeons and philanthropists and raising grandchildren so the parents can work and baking desserts and traveling the world and sharing their wisdom and some are running marathons and many are still working full-time with the productivity and work ethic of a dozen 20-something-year-old kids.

For documentation's sake: can anyone give a quick summation of the events that led to his first demise? Dude is insufferable.

For documentation's sake: can anyone give a quick summation of the events that led to his first demise? Dude is insufferable.
He came into the Political Thread as a Trump supporter. Defend all this racist policies.

He got called out, then he started claiming he was a policy expert that does social science research and from his research it wasn't structural racism, failing institutions, or oppressive capitalist forces that hurt minorities it was their own unwillingness to help themselves. He said he had done the research, he had the expertise, he read studies, he wrote policy, and all he talk to experts that agreed with him.

When pressed, it showed he didn't really know economics or statistics. Or anything he was talking about.

Sound familiar. :lol:

After be generally antagonistic for months, he started playing victim, then he said all his racist post and trump defending was just an act, satire, a joke.

Then he said he was cool with Trump's racism because he cut his taxes and that meant he could afford buying more cocaine.

He became more and more fragile, started editing his post to prevent from being called. He still wanted to play Charles Murray so that lead to Meth calling him out a couple times. What finally got him clipped I don't recall.

But he generally made an *** of himself.

Everything he says about his life and his expertise is probably a damn lie.

Last edited:
After be generally antagonistic for months, he started playing victim, then he said all his racist post and trump defending was just an act, satire, a joke.
I just learned the term for this the other day and I was pretty amused by it:

Stop me if you've heard this one before:

Obsessed with crypto: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Pirates and has strong opinions about old video games: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Casual misogyny: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Fetishizes young women in particular: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Trump did more for Black people than Obama: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Brett Kavanaugh is being framed by the Deep State: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Opposes "political correctness": :emoji_white_check_mark:
"We need to reserve the right to bear arms": :emoji_white_check_mark:
Prostitution should be legal - not to protect sex workers, but to alleviate male "frustration": :emoji_white_check_mark:
Leave Nick Sandmann alone: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Blue Lives Matter: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Anti-lockdown Karenism: :emoji_white_check_mark:
Show me the data (has no data): :emoji_white_check_mark:

If you don't have White supremacist terror suspect bingo yet, check your card.

So, I’ve gotten both my shots. Unfortunately, as some here know, right after shot one, my number came up in ‘Rona’s Rolodex...and I got hit hard...even had to go to the hospital for it due to being borderline anemic one day and sat in there looking like a corpse on IV’s and everything. Only reason I wasn’t overnight was the unit as full. Anyway. I may not have it technically...or at least may not be contagious a month and a half later...but dammit if I’m not still feeling the heavy effects of this ******* thing. I don’t know what’s the worst part of it, but let’s start with my lungs. I wake up every morning feeling like there is dust or smoke in my lungs and throat. It’s strange and it’s just a little bit scary. I mean, I never have been a smoker, maybe blazed a few times a month in the past (I got into the edibles early in the game) but this has me down coughing and wheezing. I can’t take a full deep breath without my chest aching and burning. It’s sucks. Then there is the fatigue. I’m still not even at a quarter of my energy before this, I feel like someone stuck kryptonite in my drawers all day. I don’t have the strength to walk through my parking lot at my office without having to stop halfway through, lean against one of my coworkers cars for a few minutes and catch my breath. It’s pathetic...and scary. I don’t even really have the strength to drive my car to work in the morning...right now, I depend on my dad to take me to work. I’m 39, depending on dad to get me to work again. I get home from work and am almost comatose (and I don’t do much but print out manifests and sales reports all day in my office once in awhile and what not...it’s not backbreaking work!) in the car on the way home. I get tired so easily, normally when I get home I’m shipping things out or getting things together and what not for friends. I have to fight to do that because around 7 I will almost just crash...and just go into a coma, sometimes not waking up until 4 in the morning to get ready for work. And there’s the sweating. I havent been a sweater for years, but I will wake up just DRENCHED in sweat and GASPING for air. My hair completely wet and shirt sopping wet...a lot of the time accompanied by a killer headache. So pop a few Tylenol. put some towels down and take the sheets to the washing machine in the morning. Also. There are the fevers...out of nowhere...they come and they go...and they make me feel like absolute ****...and the body aches are still there. Now I went to my doctor and talked about it, he told me this is what it does, and that it will PROBABLY go away...but there’s no timetable on when it will, THAT is scary... I feel trapped right now, and it’s depressing, it’s scary, and it’s maddeningly frustrating...but I KEEP trying to go forward. That’s the only ******* thing I can do. Thing is, yeah, I’m a big boy, and this attacks fat and obese people harder..but **** this **** man. So if you aren’t wearing a mask, if you aren’t taking this seriously thinking “ah, this **** is just the flu” or are refusing to get the shot...just remember the hell I’m going through. I feel like I can’t live my life and I feel hostage. This isn’t “just the flu” and you don’t want this. It’s ****** up. It’s mentally and physically draining. But just mask up and get the shot and you are clear...and it’s so much easier. Trust me folks. Don’t **** around and find out.

This reminds me watching 60 minutes when they were interviewing a doctor from Mt Sinai in NYC in her 30s or 40s and suffered from the same symptoms. They were interviewing other people who had the same sort of fatigue.

I was playing golf last Thursday and got paired up with a doctor from that same hospital and he said that those sort of stories are all too common from people who are below 50 and fought off the virus without much of a struggle at times. It’s scary snd it’s the primary reason I’m waiting until I get myvaccine before Igo back to normal socializing again. Right now it’s just friends and activities who I know take this **** seriously.

S SlatanicPanic sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to feel that way and not know how long it'll last. I would try to get a second opinion or at least a second set of trained eyes to take a look at you and make sure there's nothing actionable that can be done right now.

Headlines are lying. Covid deaths don’t seem to be going down in Cali
We're stubbornly still not at a good point. The national average for deaths is now at the summer peak from last year (~1000-1250 per day). It is coming down relatively fast (3k per day a month ago), faster than it came down from the other two peaks, but we still have a long way to go before we can relax.

Over the past two months, hospitalizations are down from 125k to 33k, which is pretty good, but this drop has slowed down. We're still admitting 4000 to 5000 people to the hospital each day.

Back
Top Bottom