Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
For places that open up the public how is it going? And restrictions of malls, restaurants etc? How are ppl acting too

They're taking a step back? I'm not even sure if police were even enforcing the rules to begin with

If you’re black or brown, you get a summons, you get a summons, you get tazed, you get beat and a summons.

If you’re white, feel free to sunbathe in the park (mask optional). If you’re Hasidic, feel free to have mass gatherings in Williamsburg and Crown Heights and ignore the cops polite requests to social distance. If you ignore them enough, they may even honk their horn or siren.

married into a racist fam? need details
Filipino in-laws. Racism/prejudice to black people, people of dark skin, and other ethnic races have long been common in Filipino Culture. A lot of it had to do with the European Influence from Spain when they invaded the PI. But yes, my in-laws are full-blown racist/prejudice towards black people.

And they don't try to hide that **** either, which is ridiculous.

I really hope that someone calls them out on their BS someday. I was so close to going off on them last night. Smh.

Filipino in-laws. Racism/prejudice to black people, people of dark skin, and other ethnic races have long been common in Filipino Culture. A lot of it had to do with the European Influence from Spain when they invaded the PI. But yes, my in-laws are full-blown racist/prejudice towards black people.

I really hope that someone calls them out on their BS someday. I was so close to going off on them last night. Smh.
why did u choose to live with them?

sorry im just curious about interracial relationships, and in general feel like when a married couple spends extended time at da parents crib it can lead to issues.. ive seen it happen firsthand

For places that open up the public how is it going? And restrictions of malls, restaurants etc? How are ppl acting too

People here in Atl they out. Just have masks on. Some stores wont let you in without one. Looks like this will be the new norm for a min. People going on about they life just with mask on.

Wow. Only a matter of time before you do it seems. Sad times

why did u choose to live with them?

sorry im just curious about interracial relationships, and in general feel like when a married couple spends extended time at da parents crib it can lead to issues.. ive seen it happen firsthand
Not interracial. Wife and I are both Filipino. But we're both born in the States and are more open-minded than her parents, who immigrated to the US. It's one of the reasons why I dislike Filipino Culture so much. The arrogance and entitlement that many carry around as if their superior over any other race. Is sickening.

We moved with them because I was offered a new job in SF and they offered to have us move in temporarily while we get settled. Good short-term situation for us, since we have two young kids. Also, my wife wanted to help her mom around the house, since she is going through Chemo.

Pandemic hit. Everything closed. We've been here ever since. Fortunate to be deemed essential and able to work everyday, but my wife raises our kids and she has a hard time dealing with their BS everyday.

So we're saving money, hoping to find a place of our own when things get better.

Wow. Only a matter of time before you do it seems. Sad times
That's what I'm afraid of actually. I have a lot of tolerance for a lot of BS. But this dude is something else.

He's working from home and watches the news all day. So when I get home from work, he immediately briefs me on all the headlines and breaking news stuff (all the stuff that is discussed in this thread and the politics thread). So I'm just nodding my head like I've never heard of the news yet.

Dude is not social at all and cannot read a room when they dont give a F about the topic he's trying to discuss. Sad.

PSX_20200515_114518.jpg

Fauci wearing a mask now.

Damn, the hell we even do to old filipinos?
It's the Spanish Influence man. Back when they took over the country they institutionalized racism towards all the tribal Filipinos up in the forests and mountains (They are darker in skin). Since then that systematic racism has established itself. Filipinos today prefer being light-skinned and all that other racist stuff that came from Europe.

The funny thing is, you call them out on their BS. They'll be in denial and only talk **** from home.

That's what I'm afraid of actually. I have a lot of tolerance for a lot of BS. But this dude is something else.

He's working from home and watches the news all day. So when I get home from work, he immediately briefs me on all the headlines and breaking news stuff (all the stuff that is discussed in this thread and the politics thread). So I'm just nodding my head like I've never heard of the news yet.

Dude is not social at all and cannot read a room when they dont give a F about the topic he's trying to discuss. Sad.
I know this Filipino chick. She says her older sister is more beautiful than her and it wasn't in terms of modesty, but because it's because her older sister has more European features than her and looks more European whereas, she looks more Asian. Very sad.

It's the Spanish Influence man. Back when they took over the country they institutionalized racism towards all the tribal Filipinos up in the forests and mountains (They are darker in skin). Since then that systematic racism has established itself. Filipinos today prefer being light-skinned and all that other racist stuff that came from Europe.

The funny thing is, you call them out on their BS. They'll be in denial and only talk **** from home.
Ah, same way Spanish and other European conquistadors ruined the rest of the world, ie Dominican Republic.

Ah, same way Spanish and other European conquistadors ruined the rest of the world, ie Dominican Republic.
Yeah, man. I see that racist **** put on me when I went to the Philippines as a kid. My mom is light-skinned, but when they same my brother and I, all my relatives were shocked that we were darker in skin tone. As a 12-year old having to hear over and over again "why are they so dark" is insane.

Fellow 'pino here in the Bay Area and I totally understand. I'm in an inter-racial marriage and bringing my wife to the first family party was eye opening. My parents were pretty open minded, being that a lot of my friends were not filipino, but you can totally see how they were brought up. I have 3 kids myself and there was a time when my wife and I had to live with my parents for a bit. That was hard. First time, I stood up to my parents and fought back, yelled back. Hang in there brotha...

Fellow 'pino here in the Bay Area and I totally understand. I'm in an inter-racial marriage and bringing my wife to the first family party was eye opening. My parents were pretty open minded, being that a lot of my friends were not filipino, but you can totally see how they were brought up. I have 3 kids myself and there was a time when my wife and I had to live with my parents for a bit. That was hard. First time, I stood up to my parents and fought back, yelled back. Hang in there brotha...
Thanks, man. I truly appreciate it.

I feel like I'm doing double-parenting with my daughter to ensure that she doesn't start having the same mentality as her grandparents. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom