Has interracial dating declined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re black. Jesse Jackson made that **** up for white people in 1988.

I respect non blacks who just say black. When they say African American i low key feel like they’re racist. And when blacks say it I high key feel like they’re sell outs. Is that ignorant? Probably.

FB_IMG_1523808286132.jpg

my cousins and more aunts..you were sayin?
Lol where is your neck in this picture bro lol?
My great aunt who is full Black looks more mixed than your non-black aunt on the right. Your aunt def has more African blood than my great aunt.
aunt fanny.jpg

As an ethnicity, we can consider ourselves Black. But, the term African-American is to identify black people in America specifically. I see how it's weird because we don't hear European-American at all, just white or American. To me, although it's an exaggeration, people never mean to say it negatively so it doesn't offend me. On the contrary, I think people that say it are using it as a sign of respect. Because as a white person, I know it might be seen as demeaning to call people black sometimes, especially to a black person.

Na-nas getting posted left and right in attempts to prove their point.

Ninja - Where that primas IG at? Let this white Latino get his bloodline in.

Not to single you out but dudes who use youtube videos or random woke dudes on IG to validate their point are usually not that smart on the subject at hand.
Doesn't apply here, dude put it in an easily digestible way that makes complete sense

As an ethnicity, we can consider ourselves Black. But, the term African-American is to identify black people in America specifically. I see how it's weird because we don't hear European-American at all, just white or American. To me, although it's an exaggeration, people never mean to say it negatively so it doesn't offend me. On the contrary, I think people that say it are using it as a sign of respect. Because as a white person, I know it might be seen as demeaning to call people black sometimes, especially to a black person.

White people using it as a sign of respect just says to me that they’re out of touch with reality. But that’s just me.

The term African- American just highlights our rich culture in this country. Lets be honest folk like NInja wouldn't be here in this country if it weren't for African Americans fighting for justice and equality. There's nothing wrong with it to me. I prefer Black though because its more inclusive to other Blacks in the African diaspora.

Na-nas getting posted left and right in attempts to prove their point.

Ninja - Where that primas IG at? Let this white Latino get his bloodline in.
***** is really talking about smashing ninjas teenage cousin. This ***** gonna pull up on you with the musket for the disrespect

We’re black. Jesse Jackson made that **** up for white people in 1988.

I respect non blacks who just say black. When they say African American i low key feel like they’re racist. And when blacks say it I high key feel like they’re sell outs. Is that ignorant? Probably.
Racist? Not really.

I honestly think some white folks don't know WHAT to call us and don't want to say the wrong thing.

They believe African-American is the safest bet

I mean, most of us don't know what we are so..........

Should we just call ourselves Americans? Seems so incomplete
What is your method of ID?

If we keeping it a buck white folks aren’t Americans either. I don’t subscribe to traditions and beliefs so I’m not looking for or expecting anyone to agree with me. I’m not really into labels but the most appropriate imo is black.

Racist? Not really.

I honestly think some white folks don't know WHAT to call us and don't want to say the wrong thing.

They believe African-American is the safest bet

This is actually 100. I’m saying racist on a subconscious level. The same way a lot of us are taught to be racist against our own without realizing or understanding it. White supremacy is a *****

In most other countries its Nationality first so yeah ideally it'd just be Americans for everyone that's a citizen in this country but in this country ppl identify by race first and thats why you have black american, asian american etc. besides white ppl who ppl think of as default americans even tho it's not historically accurate either

Adding the "-American" to any ethnicity sounds so corny to me. Even though I was born here, I have never ever called myself Chinese-American or Asian-American. Usually just strictly Chinese or Asian.

If we keeping it a buck white folks aren’t Americans either. I don’t subscribe to traditions and beliefs so I’m not looking for or expecting anyone to agree with me. I’m not really into labels but the most appropriate imo is black.
Yea but white folks are able to pin-point their family's origins. Italian-American. Irish-American. Etc.

I get what you are saying though

not having African american parents ≠ Latinos not being tri-racial.

but i live rent free in your head so continue to yap ur trap bout da kid..you'll b out da paint soon enough.
unless you are homless, then you live rent free. funny you assume you know what i think in my head. it's just a microcosm of how flawed your logic is. i still remember you stating that you are linked to the visigoths :lol: that is similar to when white girls state that they are part native american. continue to strongly link yourself to the ancestors who raped and distorted your view on the lineage you are. after all their plan is working because you cannot see it :pimp:

In most other countries its Nationality first so yeah ideally it'd just be Americans for everyone that's a citizen in this country but in this country ppl identify by race first and thats why you have black american, asian american etc. besides white ppl who ppl think of as default americans even tho it's not historically accurate either
But American, unlike just about every other country, is a transient country. So at a higher rate than anywhere else, most people that are born here's parents aren't OF this land.

So that is why, "American" is never enough

Adding the "-American" to any ethnicity sounds so corny to me. Even though I was born here, I have never ever called myself Chinese-American or Asian-American. Usually just strictly Chinese or Asian.
I guess, but if your family is from a place and you are born and/or are a citizens of another place, it makes sense to hyphenate it.

Use an analogy, if Kevin Bacon moved to Cameroon and had white kids in Cameroon, sure his kids can call themselves Cameroonians, but that would seem, "off."

Ethnicity-Country

We should start a go fund me and have ninja do an ancestory test.

I guess, but if your family is from a place and you are born and/or are a citizens of another place, it makes sense to hyphenate it.

Use an analogy, if Kevin Bacon moved to Cameroon and had white kids in Cameroon, sure his kids can call themselves Cameroonians, but that would seem, "off."

Ethnicity-Country
Because I am still Chinese whether I was born in USA, Canada, Mexico, Iran, or Kenya. It shouldn't matter to anybody which country I was born in, hence I leave out the "-American." If anybody were to ask me "Chinese what?", my response would be, "What does it matter to you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom