Has interracial dating declined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no colorism in the DR but Sammy Sosa bleached his skin :lol:
One idiot does it means there’s colorism lol ok, I guess Jamaicans hates being black as well u see the nonsense they go through to look lighter lol that doesn’t thappen I’m dr bru, one person doesn’t speak for an entire country but u knew that already

My Latino homies who are real tell me how racist his family is against Blacks and dark skinned Latinos. Colorism is a huge problem in their community.

I'm the first in my family (mexican) to marry black. Marry white? You good. My mom never let me play with Mexicans on my block cause they were all cholos so I grew up with black/belizeans so she was open...but when I came around with my first black girlfriend..."why?"

Darker skin latinos growing up were called "chunts" cause they looked too indigenous.

Theres different levels of Mexican in Los Angeles too. You have the "I can pass" Mexicans with their nose turned up to other Mexicans. These are the Mexicans who voted trump.

Mexicans hate Salvadorans, Salvadorans hate Mexicans, but they all agree that they don't like blacks.

One idiot does it means there’s colorism lol ok, I guess Jamaicans hates being black as well u see the nonsense they go through to look lighter lol that doesn’t thappen I’m dr bru, one person doesn’t speak for an entire country but u knew that already
So you are going with the argument that colorism doesn't exist in Latin America?

Black Dominicans would be Fabolous, Al Horford, Zoe Saldana. Example of a White Dominican would be former Miss Universe, the only 1 out of the DR Amelia Vega who's Al Horford's wife.

vega-pinterest.jpg

Al & his wife are considered a latino/hispanic couple, not a interacial couple.

and Fabolous has a African American mother, he's half hispanic/half black, Al horford's parents are 100% hispanic.

I'm the first in my family (mexican) to marry black. Marry white? You good. My mom never let me play with Mexicans on my block cause they were all cholos so I grew up with black/belizeans so she was open...but when I came around with my first black girlfriend..."why?"

Darker skin latinos growing up were called "chunts" cause they looked too indigenous.

Theres different levels of Mexican in Los Angeles too. You have the "I can pass" Mexicans with their nose turned up to other Mexicans. These are the Mexicans who voted trump.

Mexicans hate Salvadorans, Salvadorans hate Mexicans, but they all agree that they don't like blacks.
Dominican Co-Worker has told me before that the older folks in her family have always told her that she better not bring home a "darkie."

Was going to post this.

But yea, skin lightening creams are HEAVY in the Caribbean, but Colorism is just a thing in the US.

Light-skinned Latinas are deemed more beautiful than those of darker hues. As such, across Latin America and the U.S., many brown and black Latinas use harmful skin lightening creams to increase their “beauty” (as taught to us by white Eurocentric ideals) by increasing their whiteness, regardless of major risks associated with these skin-fading creams.

Al & his wife are considered a latino/hispanic couple, not a interacial couple.

and Fabolous has a African American mother, he's half hispanic/half black, Al horford's parents are 100% hispanic.
Both my parents are black. If you saw me you would not know one way or the other if I was here for generations or if we came from an island. And there are many like me.
Flip it. There are many African americans in all sorts of colors for the same reason. Its literally the same thing son.

Listen I’m black by world standards... I’m from Trinidad .,, my mother and father is Trinidadian... their parents parents were Trinidadian... my mother is black my father is mixed... while being black my mom doesn’t look African. She looks more so like a native.

Dominicans usually talk to me in Spanish because they say I look Dominican. When I tell them I’m trinidadian they usually question themselves about their origins. Seeing myself in their eyes correlates that we are one people who got mixed up a few hundred years ago... just is what it is...

White supremacy caste system is real worldwide... India, China, Vietnam, you name it...

I’m lighter than ninjahood but consider myself black based on my identification worldwide... I can claim Taino West Indian all day but why?

There’s colorism in Jamaica though :lol:

Exactly thanks for keeping it real.

When we think of color within MLB, or even on the Red Sox roster, the first name that comes to many minds is David Ortiz, but Papi and his peers do not identify as black, and prefer to be identified by their Latin heritage

https://www.overthemonster.com/2016/6/2/11806176/mlb-black-players-decline-red-sox-chuck-d

Al Horford's dad would identify just like David Ortiz does.
He’s still African though. Ortiz def has more African blood than me or anyone in my family. No one in my fam is a dark as Ortiz or has such strong African phenotypical features like him.

When we think of color within MLB, or even on the Red Sox roster, the first name that comes to many minds is David Ortiz, but Papi and his peers do not identify as black, and prefer to be identified by their Latin heritage

https://www.overthemonster.com/2016/6/2/11806176/mlb-black-players-decline-red-sox-chuck-d

Al Horford's dad would identify just like David Ortiz does.

Just because they want to live in a fantasy world doesn't mean their right for pretending not to have black skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom