Has interracial dating declined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to it, some of you know that I work with Middle Schoolers and my school is one of the more diverse schools in DC. Large Hispanic Population (Mostly from El Salvador) but we have some Puerto Ricans and Dominicans.

We have a student tracker (Google Sheet) that lists all type of data for the kids. Test Scores, Home Room Teacher, Identity. The number of kids that are Ninja's complexion and/or darker that are listed as, "Hispanic/White" instead of "Hispanic/Black" is really alarming. The kids didn't identify themselves so it is the parents that are identifying their families/kids as this.

It hurts reading those at times.

MISIS at LAUSD. Latinos are "white" here too.

We have a lot of Honduran, Salvadoran, Guatemalan and Mexican students and they're all Latino "white" in the data base.

When I was a counselor and coached little league I saw all those nonsensical census data sheets. Kids darker than me listed as Hispanic/white **** really made me educate myself first and then them on the tools the dominant society uses to systematically oppress us on a whole. It's a great way to cause further division throughout minority groups that occupy these low income impoverished neighborhoods TOGETHER.

I have a couple of fair skin black students who just can't get along with some of the black Honduran kids cause they both refuse to accept that they're black.

Same kids let the Mexican kids throw neega around like it's "bro" "homie" smh.

''This is deeper than just name recognition,'' said Mr. Jackson who, along with others, called for the change at a news conference in late December. ''Black tells you about skin color and what side of town you live on. African-American evokes discussion of the world.''

https://mobile.nytimes.com/1989/01/31/us/african-american-favored-by-many-of-america-s-blacks.html

There's an African American statue of a man welcoming in ferries in Santo Domingo. Ninja, you're AA.

The island belonged to black natives. The French came and split you guys into 2. Is that where the hate for blacks comes from?

couple of fair skin black students who just can't get along with some of the black Honduran kids cause they both refuse to accept that they're black.

FT_Hispanics_Write_In_Codes.png

FT_14.04.02_someOtherRace_BarGraphLONG.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...op-list-of-race-write-ins-on-the-2010-census/

Taino's occupied the entire island, so Haitians descended from them as well. Funny how dudes won't hesitate to call say a Jamaican black when they'll have the same makeup of native arawak, African slave and Spanish colonizer.

This thread has been fun, but like Axl Rose once sang "Where do we go now? Where do we go NAAAWaaahhhoow?"

Ninja still won't budge and folks have already done pages.

I have a couple of fair skin black students who just can't get along with some of the black Honduran kids cause they both refuse to accept that they're black.

Same kids let the Mexican kids throw neega around like it's "bro" "homie" smh.

The Hondurans out here in NYC get it the worst. Most of them maintain strong African phenotypes while having darker skin and a lot of them exclusively only speak espanol. Puerto rican and Dominican students never miss a chance to tell them that they aren't Hispanic and don't have "swag" and other corny **** like that. So to hear Ninja say the Hispanic community is void of "colorism" is hilarious, all these children are doing is regurgitating what they hear from their parents and other older people in their communities.

There's an African American statue of a man welcoming in ferries in Santo Domingo. Ninja, you're AA.

The island belonged to black natives. The French came and split you guys into 2. Is that where the hate for blacks comes from?

I will never accept the Black Indigenous THEORY. Literally no reason for the colonizers to lie. Everywhere else that they found dark complected people (Australian Aborigines, Aeta in the philippines), it was all recorded and was never a secret, why would finding black indigenous people in the americas be a big deal and kept a secret.

What a lot of black Americans don’t understand is that There’s a different word outside is great country, I didn’t know race existed until I came here in1995, never was a thing back when I lived in the Dominican Republic, But soon I got here my mind was almost poisoned by it. And Dominicans are only “black” when it benefits your view points , soon one of us do something negative all of sudden his “Dominican” my black friends do that all the time call me a Mexican when do things a Spanish person does but the wanna label me as black soon as it benefits their argument, I will always say Dominican when I get asked what am I or where I’m from don’t care who it pisses off

Latinos are inherently mixed, we dont have a caste system, we don't subscribe by da American concept of da one drop rule, we congregate based on culture & ethnicity.

im sorry that you grew up like that if that wasn't da case with you.
No caste system? Why do dark skinned Latinos do way worse than light skin Latinos in Latin countries?

Last edited:

Exactly Dominicans were colonized.

Just to add to it, some of you know that I work with Middle Schoolers and my school is one of the more diverse schools in DC. Large Hispanic Population (Mostly from El Salvador) but we have some Puerto Ricans and Dominicans.

We have a student tracker (Google Sheet) that lists all type of data for the kids. Test Scores, Home Room Teacher, Identity. The number of kids that are Ninja's complexion and/or darker that are listed as, "Hispanic/White" instead of "Hispanic/Black" is really alarming. The kids didn't identify themselves so it is the parents that are identifying their families/kids as this.

It hurts reading those at times.

This **** is entrapment. Why even have a category for black Latino and white Latino separate?

You are literally asking a person to write down their skin color...in an age where we want people to get past skin color as a society.

Why not have:
1. white (Caucasian)
2. Latino
3. African American

Interested to see how many of those “white latinos” would’ve just come back as Latino.

In 2018...I just don’t understand the need to identify by color.

This **** is entrapment. Why even have a category for black Latino and white Latino separate?

You are literally asking a person to write down their skin color...in an age where we want people to get past skin color as a society.

Why not have:
1. white (Caucasian)
2. Latino
3. African American

Interested to see how many of those “white latinos” would’ve just come back as Latino.

In 2018...I just don’t understand the need to identify by color.
Man, do we REALLY want to get past skin color? I don't think we do.

I think we just don't want people to hold skin color AGAINST that person.

It's because as the study shows here most "Latinos/hispanics" will identify as white by 3rd generation in America

hence da pew poll i listed...we don't separate ourselves in that way in our culture.

speaking of Hondurans, their gang problem lit

Ninjas non- Black aunts actually have more African features than my black aunts from Alabama. I was thinking that his Latino aunts were gonna look like J lo or Selena Gomez, but those gals look like laquisha from Mississippi. Why don’t your aunts look like J Lo or Shakira?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom