Happy 10th, NikeTalk.

ive been visiting this site since 04, and finally made an account in 07, and truly this website is the greatest for me, i already had made a lot of goodfriends. happy birthday niketalk!!
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

as long as i have access to internet, I will always be here.....this place has been a 2nd home to me...THANKS NIKETALK
pimp.gif

I told all my friends I'd just come up here, say 'thank you,' and walk off.

laugh.gif

Way too many quotables in the original post.
roll.gif

Congrats, NT.
pimp.gif

$20 says some idiot gets banned in this thread.

Happy 10th NT.

I am really thankful that I found this site 8 years (2002). Being in the military (US Navy to be exact) its always been hard for me to keep track on what'sgoing on around the world. Like most of us, I started coming to NT because of Jordan's. Sneaker info, upcoming releases, limited releases, etc...andeventually NT became my number one source for news and everything else that's going on around the world. It's crazy how NT can sometimes beat the newsin releasing/leaking some of the stories out there.

Thanks again NT. Thanks for all the laughs and being my 2nd home, away from home. LOL.

*raises beer* cheers.

WOW! I wish i could've found NT earlier than i did. This place was and shall forever be the Greatest Sneaker Forum Ever and the Greatest Sneaker Forum OfAll Time.
pimp.gif

- blue23jordan

forever Niketalk. I don't know why i never knew about this site years before i signed up. this forum is indeed really great. my 2nd favorite board (boneboard is first) =)

Happy 10th NT
I don't remember exactly when I stumbled across NT, but I've been lurking ever since and only recently actually joined.
Not a day goes by that I don't check out this website, it has provided tons of relevant sneaker info, non-sneaker info and laughs.
So I just want to say thanks to everyone who keeps this site running and everyone who contributes- this place has been great

congratulations to everyone who makes this site what it is.

of all the sites i visit, i feel like i actually have a sort of ownership in this one. not literally, of course... but the sense of community is so strong herethat i think there is an unspoken pride shared by the NT family. you can feel it in the words that have already been written in this thread.

i don't remember the exact date i first discovered NT. it would have been around the summer of 2000; a perfect storm was brewing. i finally had my first"real world" job, i had money to spend, and nike had started to retro some of my favorite sneakers that i never owned as a kid (namely, thewhite/cement IVs and white/black/red Vs). it didn't take long to stumble upon this site. needless to say, there aren't many sneakerheads in alabama. inthat sense, i've often found myself outside the margins looking in. a strange kid with a strange hobby/obsession. NT opened a new world for me. herei've met so many people who are just like me... and yet so different at the same time.

i'm 31 years old now. yet niketalk is still the first site i visit in the morning. not usually for information about shoe releases (ok, sometimes). moreoften than not just to see what my friends are up to. friends i've never met.

i came for the NIKE, but stayed for the TALK.

Originally Posted by Method Man

NikeTalk emerged from friendship. It exists because of a friendship forged online between strangers gathered within a common space due to a shared interest. That is both the 'how' and the 'why' of NikeTalk. It exists because of the friendships we've made, because of the friendships we'd hoped to make, and because of the friendships we hoped YOU would make.
I'm not nearly as eloquent as Meth, and I won't try to be because he summed it up perfectly right there ^.

I'm grateful to be able to call him my friend. I'm grateful to every staff member that has given their time to make this place what it is, a truecommunity. It's what we envisioned when it started and it's stayed true to that through the years (minus the Big Breast Appreciation posts...). Thankyou to all of our members who keep coming back, thanks...

Let's keep this good vibe, website and new found friendships going.

NikeTalk til......

EDIT: 3,000 posts
pimp.gif

Hello:

Method Man said it best, and I will also echo the sentiments that everyone has expressed here. Niketalk has been more than a message board over the last tenyears. I have met many cool people, looked at cool shoes, talked about many interesting topics over the years, and it seems like ten years has passed by soquickly. I do have to thank all the admins and mods and everyone who has made NT what it was, what it is, and what it will be. We all came here for thesneakers, but we all got something more. Like Method Man said, I have also made many good friends from NT in different parts of the country: kingmajix,mixmasternick and of course Method Man to name just a few. And although I have yet to meet all of you (I'm looking at you, Nelson C), I feel like I am asmall part of this large Niketalk family, and I'm proud and happy to be here.

Thanks to all the people I have met in this zany journey...zany in the fact that we are all here for our love of sneakers. Here's to ten more years!

Regards:

Alex.

So just like everyone I was searching for Jordans when I stumbled on this site in late 2000. Lurked for about a year before I figured out signing up was free(community chest days). I was just starting college. Bitten by the sneaker bug, there was no other site that even compared to the info I got here. I mean,release dates, history, finding out the name of a shoe that I have been looking out for years just by posting a description. Say what you want about resellingand resellers but I know I paid for my books in college by reselling SBs and rare Jordans based on the information I got here. So I guess in a way you couldsay NT helped put me through college
grin.gif

I don't even know how I stumbled into the General forum but it turned out to be informative, entertaining and relevant and still is today. So many historicand tragic events that I shared with people on this site..from 9/11 to the last inauguration ceremony to MJs death. Can't forget the sports forum either. I can say that for almost every major sporting event since 2002-present day that I've seen on t.v. that I was also following the 'game day' threadin the sports forum.

Blah I could go on and on. It's just a cool place to chill out and I don't see any signs of that letting up anytime soon.

NT gets the full emoticon salute:
alien.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif
glasses.gif
grin.gif
happy.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
smile.gif
smokin.gif
tired.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Happy 10th, NT
smile.gif

I just want to thank the community. I live in Canada... the culture is no where near what is in the US, so actually seeing people as "crazy" as I wasabout footwear was almost comforting.
laugh.gif

Happy 10th NT!

Proud to say that I've been a member since 03'.

Even though I've been out of the sneaker game for the past 2 years, NT is one of the only sites I frequent on a daily basis.

Thanks for all the info and laughs, and for wasting so much of my time.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom