Greg Oden Out for Season vol. Deja Vu

Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden will undergo microfracture surgery on his left knee Friday and will miss the remainder of the 2010-11 season, the Trail Blazers announced this evening.

Dr. Richard Steadman will perform the surgery with assistance from Trail Blazers orthopedic surgeon Dr. Don Roberts at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colo.

Oden, 22, has been sidelined since fracturing his left patella in a Dec. 5, 2009, game vs. Houston. A recent MRI showed damaged cartilage to the surface of his femur, and his current injury is unrelated to the fractured left patella.

Oden previously underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee Sept. 13, 2007.

He holds career NBA averages of 9.4 points, 7.3 rebounds, 0.6 assists and 1.43 blocked shots in 82 games over parts of two seasons from 2008-09.

2dlupvb.jpg

Kinda know whats going on here, they've been real secretive about his rehab all year....

I mean some of the most talented big men in the league are always hurt. Yao, Bynum & GO. As far as athleticism and physicality GO was undeniable. Much like Dwight he was very raw on offense but there was no reason to think he would not be a force on the boards and interior defense. We should all feel deprived really...

Kinda know whats going on here, they've been real secretive about his rehab all year....

I mean some of the most talented big men in the league are always hurt. Yao, Bynum & GO. As far as athleticism and physicality GO was undeniable. Much like Dwight he was very raw on offense but there was no reason to think he would not be a force on the boards and interior defense. We should all feel deprived really...

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Revisionist history.
Basically.  You asked 30 out of 30 GM's who they would have took and every single one would have said Oden.
This is absolutely not true. There was at least one or two. For starters, the Sonics definitely weren't going to draft him because it would have been their 4th center drafted in a row.

It's rumored that Danny Ainge would've taken Durant too.

I can't understand how some of you are so %#%@*%$ stupid. The man had legit size, athleticism and had just led Ohio State to the championship game.(with a bad wrist) You don't pass on that.

In comparison Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 at the combine. He had the third worst vertical and worst lane drill time. The first part of his rookie year was awful. I vividly remember a post on here questioning whether he would finish shooting at 40%.

If you can't see why a team would pick Oden, then you're a moron.

I can't understand how some of you are so %#%@*%$ stupid. The man had legit size, athleticism and had just led Ohio State to the championship game.(with a bad wrist) You don't pass on that.

In comparison Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 at the combine. He had the third worst vertical and worst lane drill time. The first part of his rookie year was awful. I vividly remember a post on here questioning whether he would finish shooting at 40%.

If you can't see why a team would pick Oden, then you're a moron.

Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden will undergo microfracture surgery on his left knee Friday and will miss the remainder of the 2010-11 season, the Trail Blazers announced this evening.

Dr. Richard Steadman will perform the surgery with assistance from Trail Blazers orthopedic surgeon Dr. Don Roberts at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colo.

Oden, 22, has been sidelined since fracturing his left patella in a Dec. 5, 2009, game vs. Houston. A recent MRI showed damaged cartilage to the surface of his femur, and his current injury is unrelated to the fractured left patella.

Oden previously underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee Sept. 13, 2007.

He holds career NBA averages of 9.4 points, 7.3 rebounds, 0.6 assists and 1.43 blocked shots in 82 games over parts of two seasons from 2008-09.

2dlupvb.jpg

Revisionist history.
Basically.  You asked 30 out of 30 GM's who they would have took and every single one would have said Oden.
This is absolutely not true. There was at least one or two. For starters, the Sonics definitely weren't going to draft him because it would have been their 4th center drafted in a row.

Originally Posted by JD617

Revisionist history.

he wouldn't have had the balls.

I remember that draft lottery party the C's had and there was ONLY talk about the next Russell. Fans woulda killed him at the time.

Originally Posted by JD617

Revisionist history.

he wouldn't have had the balls.

I remember that draft lottery party the C's had and there was ONLY talk about the next Russell. Fans woulda killed him at the time.

Revisionist history.
Yup. I definitely had no problem with the pick. He had that hand injury his freshman season and it messed up his offensive game.
Once he got healthy though  
eek.gif

eek.gif

He put up 25 and 12 on Horford/Noah in the championship game.

Revisionist history.
Yup. I definitely had no problem with the pick. He had that hand injury his freshman season and it messed up his offensive game.
Once he got healthy though  
eek.gif

eek.gif

He put up 25 and 12 on Horford/Noah in the championship game.

Very sad situation for Oden. He needs to go to Phoenix, as they seem to have the best medical staff in all of sports, and have been known to work miracles.

Back
Top Bottom