Greg Oden Out for Season vol. Deja Vu

I understand injury is part of the game, but damn... 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I can't understand how some of you are so %#%@*%$ stupid. The man had legit size, athleticism and had just led Ohio State to the championship game.(with a bad wrist) You don't pass on that.

In comparison Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 at the combine. He had the third worst vertical and worst lane drill time. The first part of his rookie year was awful. I vividly remember a post on here questioning whether he would finish shooting at 40%.

If you can't see why a team would pick Oden, then you're a moron.
And how'd that turn out for Durant? The point is nobody cared about that bench press. And you're slamming a rookie who relied on jump shots to carry a TERRIBLE Sonics team? That's good stuff. The point is there were NO red flags surrounding Durant. Oden had a bunch, and it was documented.

And Ainge was going to take Durant. That is a fact.
How were there "no red flags"? I think athleticism is a pretty big red flag given how many players have become busts because of lack of athleticism. And how am I "slamming" Durant? I'm a fan of him who is just stating facts. I don't think anyone anticipated him to be where he is right now. 
Stop it.

I can't understand how some of you are so %#%@*%$ stupid. The man had legit size, athleticism and had just led Ohio State to the championship game.(with a bad wrist) You don't pass on that.

In comparison Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 at the combine. He had the third worst vertical and worst lane drill time. The first part of his rookie year was awful. I vividly remember a post on here questioning whether he would finish shooting at 40%.

And how'd that turn out for Durant? The point is nobody cared about that bench press. And you're slamming a rookie who relied on jump shots to carry a TERRIBLE Sonics team? That's good stuff. The point is there were NO red flags surrounding Durant. Oden had a bunch, and it was documented.

How were there "no red flags"? I think athleticism is a pretty big red flag given how many players have become busts because of lack of athleticism. And how am I "slamming" Durant? I'm a fan of him who is just stating facts. I don't think anyone anticipated him to be where he is right now. 
Stop it.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Revisionist history.
Basically.  You asked 30 out of 30 GM's who they would have took and every single one would have said Oden.
This is absolutely not true. There was at least one or two. For starters, the Sonics definitely weren't going to draft him because it would have been their 4th center drafted in a row.

if anything that tells u the sonics wouldve drafted oden if they had the #1. Oden wasnt no damn scrub like those sonics centers they drafted 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Revisionist history.
Basically.  You asked 30 out of 30 GM's who they would have took and every single one would have said Oden.
This is absolutely not true. There was at least one or two. For starters, the Sonics definitely weren't going to draft him because it would have been their 4th center drafted in a row.

if anything that tells u the sonics wouldve drafted oden if they had the #1. Oden wasnt no damn scrub like those sonics centers they drafted 

its hilarious how all of you guys are saying it was such a dumb pick when 95% of the world said oden was the consenus number 1 pick at the time. bill simmons was mad salty that celts didn't get the number 1 pick. u seen all those celts fans crying when they didn't get the number 1 pick...
laugh.gif

all the ppl that said durant over oden were just average nba fans that didn't know big men>scoring wing man to win championships. and then now since they got lucky they say "they should've listened to me!!!"

its hilarious how all of you guys are saying it was such a dumb pick when 95% of the world said oden was the consenus number 1 pick at the time. bill simmons was mad salty that celts didn't get the number 1 pick. u seen all those celts fans crying when they didn't get the number 1 pick...
laugh.gif

all the ppl that said durant over oden were just average nba fans that didn't know big men>scoring wing man to win championships. and then now since they got lucky they say "they should've listened to me!!!"

I truly believe that once Portland tried to bulk him up and turn him into a baby Shaq, his knees couldn't handle that.

Regardless, I feel really bad for Greg. Durant being a once in a generation type player doesn't help either. That's some bad luck right there.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And whoever said Oden was the 3rd best player on the Ohio State team that went to the NCAA Championship game is a clown.
eyes.gif

I truly believe that once Portland tried to bulk him up and turn him into a baby Shaq, his knees couldn't handle that.

Regardless, I feel really bad for Greg. Durant being a once in a generation type player doesn't help either. That's some bad luck right there.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And whoever said Oden was the 3rd best player on the Ohio State team that went to the NCAA Championship game is a clown.
eyes.gif

Stop it.

I forgot that's the year before you jumped on the bandwagon. 
Fairweather fans
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by WJuN15

laugh.gif

the last two centers that led their teams to championships had "it" from the beginning.

greg oden can't even square up and make a jump hook.

and the last 2 titles have been won by a scoring wing man. a scoring wing man won 6 titles in the 90s.

durant is closer to being mike or kobe than oden is shaq or duncan

Originally Posted by WJuN15

laugh.gif

the last two centers that led their teams to championships had "it" from the beginning.

greg oden can't even square up and make a jump hook.

and the last 2 titles have been won by a scoring wing man. a scoring wing man won 6 titles in the 90s.

durant is closer to being mike or kobe than oden is shaq or duncan

Stop it.

I forgot that's the year before you jumped on the bandwagon. 
Fairweather fans
indifferent.gif

Going to be interesting to see how his free agency goes. He'll be a restricted free agent next summer(assuming Portland extends a qualifying offer). Someone will take a gamble, but will Portland match? Or will they just cut the loss?

Pat Riley.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom