Greg Oden Out for Season vol. Deja Vu

D. Howard is really mediocre skill-set wise, but just because of how big and athletic he is, he is one of the 5 best players in the league.  In terms of skill set he pales in comparison to the elite centers in history, but basketball is a game where height is the best attribute you can have.  That reason is why Oden was chosen first, cause if he lived up to the potential you have a top 2 center in a league with a shortage of them.  That is invaluable...

D. Howard is really mediocre skill-set wise, but just because of how big and athletic he is, he is one of the 5 best players in the league.  In terms of skill set he pales in comparison to the elite centers in history, but basketball is a game where height is the best attribute you can have.  That reason is why Oden was chosen first, cause if he lived up to the potential you have a top 2 center in a league with a shortage of them.  That is invaluable...

Yeah, you can disagree with it, but to say it was "stupid" is still outlandish.
Roy dominates the ball on the perimeter
Exactly. Oden appeared to be the logical choice because they already had a ball dominant wing player in Brandon Roy. Seems like the same issue that Lebron/Wade are dealing with right now where both are ball dominant players, and everyone seems to be criticizing the Heat for that.

Exactly. Oden appeared to be the logical choice because they already had a ball dominant wing player in Brandon Roy. Seems like the same issue that Lebron/Wade are dealing with right now where both are ball dominant players, and everyone seems to be criticizing the Heat for that.

ummmmm.. if portland ever gets the no. 1 pick again, they better not take a center

i dont care if it's the second coming of dream, shaq, russel, wilt or ewing

ummmmm.. if portland ever gets the no. 1 pick again, they better not take a center

i dont care if it's the second coming of dream, shaq, russel, wilt or ewing

Originally Posted by JPZx

This really is Portland's only defense.

With Roy coming off a ROY season, it didn't make sense for Portland to pick up another wing scorer. Oden was the logical selection.

(Then again, the Roy pick was a gamble in and of itself given his pre-draft knee issues.)

With Roy coming off a ROY season, it didn't make sense for Portland to pick up another wing scorer. Oden was the logical selection.

(Then again, the Roy pick was a gamble in and of itself given his pre-draft knee issues.)

I feel bad for dude,He's spent more time taking nude pics of himself than time playing on the court 
30t6p3b.gif

I feel bad for dude,He's spent more time taking nude pics of himself than time playing on the court 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

It didnt make sense to pick up another wing scorer?  Why?  The team had scoring problems.  And you forget that Aldridge was a rookie they invested a lot in as well.  

It didnt make sense to pick up another wing scorer?  Why?  The team had scoring problems.  And you forget that Aldridge was a rookie they invested a lot in as well.  

And JPZx, stupid may be the wrong choice of words. But it just seemed to me that there were many more reasons to stay away from Oden than Durant.

And JPZx, stupid may be the wrong choice of words. But it just seemed to me that there were many more reasons to stay away from Oden than Durant.

of the top 5 scorers in the NBA aside from kobe, durant dominates the ball the least.

scotty brooks constantly has durant running off screens and pin downs. no way westbrook assist rate is attributed to his stellar decision making and court vision

of the top 5 scorers in the NBA aside from kobe, durant dominates the ball the least.

scotty brooks constantly has durant running off screens and pin downs. no way westbrook assist rate is attributed to his stellar decision making and court vision

Originally Posted by jmause3

30t6p3b.gif
Daaaammmmnnnnn homie, in high school you was the maannn homie...

laugh.gif
I remember watching the McDonald's all American game and just thinking "wooooow".. I'm not a Blazer fan or an Oden fan, but I feel bad for dude.

Originally Posted by jmause3

30t6p3b.gif
Daaaammmmnnnnn homie, in high school you was the maannn homie...

laugh.gif
I remember watching the McDonald's all American game and just thinking "wooooow".. I'm not a Blazer fan or an Oden fan, but I feel bad for dude.

Originally Posted by dland24

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with Pritchard's pick, I think there were a lot of things he overlooked, too. But if he were looking for a defence, this would be it.

And in alternate universe, a healthy Oden-Aldridge frontline could be pretty dangerous...

Back
Top Bottom