Greg Oden Out for Season vol. Deja Vu

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by WJuN15

GMs > you
The existence of David Khan and Bryan Colangelo renders this false.
donnie walsh, joe dumars, billy king, ed stefanski and chris wallace would like to speak with you

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by WJuN15

GMs > you
The existence of David Khan and Bryan Colangelo renders this false.
donnie walsh, joe dumars, billy king, ed stefanski and chris wallace would like to speak with you

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I don't know why dudes in here acting like it wasn't a bad pick to take Oden over Durant. Forget hindsight, it was a bad choice when they made it. The league has changed and the Blazers got caught following an archaic ideal that no longer applies. In this day and age you should always take the dynamic scorer over the "dominant" big man. I said this back during the draft and it holds true now. Look at the dominant big men in the league right now against the most dynamic scorers and you tell me who is more important. I feel bad for the dude cause he's probably done but it is what it is at this point. Gotta move on.
The hell? 
laugh.gif

Since 99 only 1 team has won a chip without a dominant PF/C and that was Detroit. 

Co-sign and Ben Wallace was a dominant Center defensively so you may can even argue that a team hasn't won a ring without a dominant big man since Chicago

I don't know why dudes in here acting like it wasn't a bad pick to take Oden over Durant. Forget hindsight, it was a bad choice when they made it. The league has changed and the Blazers got caught following an archaic ideal that no longer applies. In this day and age you should always take the dynamic scorer over the "dominant" big man. I said this back during the draft and it holds true now. Look at the dominant big men in the league right now against the most dynamic scorers and you tell me who is more important. I feel bad for the dude cause he's probably done but it is what it is at this point. Gotta move on.
The hell? 
laugh.gif

Since 99 only 1 team has won a chip without a dominant PF/C and that was Detroit. 

Co-sign and Ben Wallace was a dominant Center defensively so you may can even argue that a team hasn't won a ring without a dominant big man since Chicago

Oden's surgery is in Vail (Vale?) Colorado.......

Greg, if you see Kate, stay the hell away from her, she's trouble bro. 
nerd.gif

Oden's surgery is in Vail (Vale?) Colorado.......

Greg, if you see Kate, stay the hell away from her, she's trouble bro. 
nerd.gif

I refuse to believe he is finished. Grant Hill, Amare, Kenyon Martin, etc etc are all players that suffered major injuries and some thought they were finished but they manage to bounce back. Oden is still a very young man with time on his side. It'll come down to how badly he wants to succeed in the NBA and if he's willing to put in the effort to rehab his body. I'll always admire a guy like Grant Hill who had a tremendous career, made a ton of money but still kept battling back and has since settled on a lesser role and less money. People have questioned Oden's heart and that question will be answered in the next couple of years.

I refuse to believe he is finished. Grant Hill, Amare, Kenyon Martin, etc etc are all players that suffered major injuries and some thought they were finished but they manage to bounce back. Oden is still a very young man with time on his side. It'll come down to how badly he wants to succeed in the NBA and if he's willing to put in the effort to rehab his body. I'll always admire a guy like Grant Hill who had a tremendous career, made a ton of money but still kept battling back and has since settled on a lesser role and less money. People have questioned Oden's heart and that question will be answered in the next couple of years.

P.S., 98% of the guys that say it was a stupid pick just started watching basketball maybe 2 years ago.

Oden was a monster in high school and college and would've easily been the #1 pick the season before had the NBA not had that new rule in place where players had to go to college for atleast 1 year. He was being compared to players like Shaq, David Robinson and Bill Russell. A once in a generation type C who you could build your team around and win multiple titles.

A small minority of people at the time suggested the Blazers should take Kevin Durant who everyone knew was going to be an NBA star but the consensus was that Oden was a more unique talent than Durant.

P.S., 98% of the guys that say it was a stupid pick just started watching basketball maybe 2 years ago.

Oden was a monster in high school and college and would've easily been the #1 pick the season before had the NBA not had that new rule in place where players had to go to college for atleast 1 year. He was being compared to players like Shaq, David Robinson and Bill Russell. A once in a generation type C who you could build your team around and win multiple titles.

A small minority of people at the time suggested the Blazers should take Kevin Durant who everyone knew was going to be an NBA star but the consensus was that Oden was a more unique talent than Durant.

The hell? 
laugh.gif

Ben Wallace wasnt a dominant big man back then?  Ok.

The hell? 
laugh.gif

Ben Wallace wasnt a dominant big man back then?  Ok.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I wasn't a big fan of Oden.  To me, he seemed like a guy who only dominated because he was bigger than everyone else, not necessarily quicker, stronger, or more skilled.

For example, my favorite player coming out of this last year's draft was Demarcus Cousins because of his size, footwork, and quickness.    

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I wasn't a big fan of Oden.  To me, he seemed like a guy who only dominated because he was bigger than everyone else, not necessarily quicker, stronger, or more skilled.

For example, my favorite player coming out of this last year's draft was Demarcus Cousins because of his size, footwork, and quickness.    

Oden wasn't more unique than Durant. That being said Portland taking Oden was justified, just didn't work out for him or the team.

Oden wasn't more unique than Durant. That being said Portland taking Oden was justified, just didn't work out for him or the team.

Back
Top Bottom