Greg Oden Out for Season vol. Deja Vu

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by True Blues

This really is Portland's only defense.

With Roy coming off a ROY season, it didn't make sense for Portland to pick up another wing scorer. Oden was the logical selection.

(Then again, the Roy pick was a gamble in and of itself given his pre-draft knee issues.)

It didnt make sense to pick up another wing scorer?  Why?  The team had scoring problems.  And you forget that Aldridge was a rookie they invested a lot in as well.  
I'm not saying I necessarily agree with Pritchard's pick, I think there were a lot of things he overlooked, too. But if he were looking for a defence, this would be it.

And in alternate universe, a healthy Oden-Aldridge frontline could be pretty dangerous...

Hes played in 82 games? I would have guessed like 20..
nerd.gif

Will some of you people just stop talking like you knew better after the fact? Do you really think that teams are just flipping coins and picking players like that?

So much time and effort goes to the analysis of scouting players and finding out what they are all about. Medical records, personal background checks, interviews with people close to him on and off the court, in and out of school etc...

Kills me to think that some of you honestly believe that teams will drop 50-100 million dollars on someone as an investment without doing everything in their power to make best choice.

Bringing up past draft busts further proves the point of it not being easy. Of course it looks bad after the fact, but there is just no way of knowing.

Gotta take that chance. Even "sure things" are a gamble, word to Ryan Leaf

Will some of you people just stop talking like you knew better after the fact? Do you really think that teams are just flipping coins and picking players like that?

So much time and effort goes to the analysis of scouting players and finding out what they are all about. Medical records, personal background checks, interviews with people close to him on and off the court, in and out of school etc...

Kills me to think that some of you honestly believe that teams will drop 50-100 million dollars on someone as an investment without doing everything in their power to make best choice.

Bringing up past draft busts further proves the point of it not being easy. Of course it looks bad after the fact, but there is just no way of knowing.

Gotta take that chance. Even "sure things" are a gamble, word to Ryan Leaf

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by WJuN15

its hilarious how all of you guys are saying it was such a dumb pick when 95% of the world said oden was the consenus number 1 pick at the time. bill simmons was mad salty that celts didn't get the number 1 pick. u seen all those celts fans crying when they didn't get the number 1 pick...
laugh.gif

all the ppl that said durant over oden were just average nba fans that didn't know big men>scoring wing man to win championships. and then now since they got lucky they say "they should've listened to me!!!"
the last two centers that led their teams to championships had "it" from the beginning.

greg oden can't even square up and make a jump hook.

and the last 2 titles have been won by a scoring wing man. a scoring wing man won 6 titles in the 90s.

durant is closer to being mike or kobe than oden is shaq or duncan
you saying that doesn't change what i just said. that the only people saying durant over oden were people like you sitting in couches watching games on tv
"durant is closer to being mike or kobe than oden is shaq or duncan"

ORLY? easy to say that right now. we talkin about in 07'. No one was saying Durant is closer to MJ than oden is closer to shaq back then. come on now...

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

its hilarious how all of you guys are saying it was such a dumb pick when 95% of the world said oden was the consenus number 1 pick at the time. bill simmons was mad salty that celts didn't get the number 1 pick. u seen all those celts fans crying when they didn't get the number 1 pick...
laugh.gif

all the ppl that said durant over oden were just average nba fans that didn't know big men>scoring wing man to win championships. and then now since they got lucky they say "they should've listened to me!!!"
the last two centers that led their teams to championships had "it" from the beginning.

greg oden can't even square up and make a jump hook.

and the last 2 titles have been won by a scoring wing man. a scoring wing man won 6 titles in the 90s.

durant is closer to being mike or kobe than oden is shaq or duncan
you saying that doesn't change what i just said. that the only people saying durant over oden were people like you sitting in couches watching games on tv
"durant is closer to being mike or kobe than oden is shaq or duncan"

ORLY? easy to say that right now. we talkin about in 07'. No one was saying Durant is closer to MJ than oden is closer to shaq back then. come on now...

Man, just got off work and as soon as I turned on the radio this is the news I heard
30t6p3b.gif
I really feel bad for Greg, he has to be depressed as hell after what he has been through. I wasn't on board with the Blazers picking him when they took him over Durant, but this is who they chose and they have to live with it. I think the Blazers need to sign him next year though, they have already given him this much time, might as well give it another year and see if he can develop into a decent player. The bad thing is they are going to have to put in a bid starting at over 8 million if they want to have a chance to block another team from picking him up(25% of his current salary, which is like 6.8 million) Blazers are done though this year. It is time to clean house, trade Roy and Batum and see if they can get an elite player up here to start building from, because right now Roy isn't looking like a player I want the team built around.

Man, just got off work and as soon as I turned on the radio this is the news I heard
30t6p3b.gif
I really feel bad for Greg, he has to be depressed as hell after what he has been through. I wasn't on board with the Blazers picking him when they took him over Durant, but this is who they chose and they have to live with it. I think the Blazers need to sign him next year though, they have already given him this much time, might as well give it another year and see if he can develop into a decent player. The bad thing is they are going to have to put in a bid starting at over 8 million if they want to have a chance to block another team from picking him up(25% of his current salary, which is like 6.8 million) Blazers are done though this year. It is time to clean house, trade Roy and Batum and see if they can get an elite player up here to start building from, because right now Roy isn't looking like a player I want the team built around.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

30t6p3b.gif
i think we should tank and get a top 5 pick.

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I was thinking the same thing.  If you can get a player for Roy packaged with someone else, say Iggy, that would be nice.  I agree though they should tank the season and hope for a top pick to bring in some top talent.

30t6p3b.gif
I was thinking the same thing.  If you can get a player for Roy packaged with someone else, say Iggy, that would be nice.  I agree though they should tank the season and hope for a top pick to bring in some top talent.

Damn
tired.gif

Roy is caught feelings when they got Miller. If they drafted KD he would have committed that.

Damn
tired.gif

Roy is caught feelings when they got Miller. If they drafted KD he would have committed that.

Back
Top Bottom