Greg Oden Out for Season vol. Deja Vu

Very sad situation for Oden. He needs to go to Phoenix, as they seem to have the best medical staff in all of sports, and have been known to work miracles.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

This is absolutely not true. There was at least one or two. For starters, the Sonics definitely weren't going to draft him because it would have been their 4th center drafted in a row.

It's rumored that Danny Ainge would've taken Durant too.  
he wouldn't have had the balls.

I remember that draft lottery party the C's had and there was ONLY talk about the next Russell. Fans woulda killed him at the time.

You were there too? Small world.

This is absolutely not true. There was at least one or two. For starters, the Sonics definitely weren't going to draft him because it would have been their 4th center drafted in a row.

I remember that draft lottery party the C's had and there was ONLY talk about the next Russell. Fans woulda killed him at the time.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

i thought this was a grave dig
30t6p3b.gif

jmause3 wrote:

College
30t6p3b.gif
 Daaaammmmnnnnn homie, in high school you was the maannn homie...
fixed 
ohwell.gif

jmause3 wrote:

College
30t6p3b.gif
 Daaaammmmnnnnn homie, in high school you was the maannn homie...
fixed 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I can't understand how some of you are so %#%@*%$ stupid. The man had legit size, athleticism and had just led Ohio State to the championship game.(with a bad wrist) You don't pass on that.

In comparison Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 at the combine. He had the third worst vertical and worst lane drill time. The first part of his rookie year was awful. I vividly remember a post on here questioning whether he would finish shooting at 40%.

If you can't see why a team would pick Oden, then you're a moron.
And how'd that turn out for Durant? The point is nobody cared about that bench press. And you're slamming a rookie who relied on jump shots to carry a TERRIBLE Sonics team? That's good stuff. The point is there were NO red flags surrounding Durant. Oden had a bunch, and it was documented.

And Ainge was going to take Durant. That is a fact.

I can't understand how some of you are so %#%@*%$ stupid. The man had legit size, athleticism and had just led Ohio State to the championship game.(with a bad wrist) You don't pass on that.

In comparison Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 at the combine. He had the third worst vertical and worst lane drill time. The first part of his rookie year was awful. I vividly remember a post on here questioning whether he would finish shooting at 40%.

And how'd that turn out for Durant? The point is nobody cared about that bench press. And you're slamming a rookie who relied on jump shots to carry a TERRIBLE Sonics team? That's good stuff. The point is there were NO red flags surrounding Durant. Oden had a bunch, and it was documented.

He put up 13 & 9 with one hand, I consider that dominant, especially for an athletic, brawlic Freshman who oozed potential...And then he puts up 25 & 12 on two guys who are future NBA all-starts? Yea, I don't think it was a bad pick at the time.  Plus he was extremely marketable guy, well-spoken, goofy and seemingly kind individual.  For an organization coming out of the Jail Blazers era it was a logical move.  Every can look back and say oh this guys should have been taken way higher but as Allen said that's all revisionist history.

He put up 13 & 9 with one hand, I consider that dominant, especially for an athletic, brawlic Freshman who oozed potential...And then he puts up 25 & 12 on two guys who are future NBA all-starts? Yea, I don't think it was a bad pick at the time.  Plus he was extremely marketable guy, well-spoken, goofy and seemingly kind individual.  For an organization coming out of the Jail Blazers era it was a logical move.  Every can look back and say oh this guys should have been taken way higher but as Allen said that's all revisionist history.

no
laugh.gif
..I remember watching it on TV.

no
laugh.gif
..I remember watching it on TV.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Revisionist history.
Basically.  You asked 30 out of 30 GM's who they would have took and every single one would have said Oden.

ainge would have to pick oden just because it would have given them two big guys with al jefferson already there and they already had pierce to handle the scoring anyways

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Revisionist history.
Basically.  You asked 30 out of 30 GM's who they would have took and every single one would have said Oden.

ainge would have to pick oden just because it would have given them two big guys with al jefferson already there and they already had pierce to handle the scoring anyways

you would make an awful GM

"i don't care if Durant averaged 25 and 11, has ridiculous range, and still has potential to get better. Check out that other guys lane drill and bench press"

you'd probably give deandre jordan or javale mcgee a max

you would make an awful GM

"i don't care if Durant averaged 25 and 11, has ridiculous range, and still has potential to get better. Check out that other guys lane drill and bench press"

you'd probably give deandre jordan or javale mcgee a max

How were there "no red flags"? I think athleticism is a pretty big red flag given how many players have become busts because of lack of athleticism. And how am I "slamming" Durant? I'm a fan of him who is just stating facts. I don't think anyone anticipated him to be where he is right now. 

How were there "no red flags"? I think athleticism is a pretty big red flag given how many players have become busts because of lack of athleticism. And how am I "slamming" Durant? I'm a fan of him who is just stating facts. I don't think anyone anticipated him to be where he is right now. 

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

laugh.gif
@ Oden being dominant at Ohio State.

The one year he played there he missed a bunch of games to injury too. MIke Conley carried that team. He was maybe the 3rd best player on that Ohio State team.
he played in 32 games and avg 15 points and 9 boards. he still lead his team in scoring and rebound while missing 8 games. you going to sit there and say ron lewis and conley where better then oden that year? YA OK

he steped up his play big time in march for the big 10 and March Maddness

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

laugh.gif
@ Oden being dominant at Ohio State.

The one year he played there he missed a bunch of games to injury too. MIke Conley carried that team. He was maybe the 3rd best player on that Ohio State team.
he played in 32 games and avg 15 points and 9 boards. he still lead his team in scoring and rebound while missing 8 games. you going to sit there and say ron lewis and conley where better then oden that year? YA OK

he steped up his play big time in march for the big 10 and March Maddness

Fellas, all this arguing isn't going to bring Oden's knees back to life. Let's simmer down.

Fellas, all this arguing isn't going to bring Oden's knees back to life. Let's simmer down.

Back
Top Bottom