Greg Oden Out for Season vol. Deja Vu

No one expected him to be this injury-prone. It was a good pick at the time, a dominant 7-footer big man helps much more than a dominant scorer-type player, if both are equally good. Great big men win championships...just look at the teams that have won them and you can see that. It was not a stupid pick, they could not have predicted he would be this injury-prone.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Revisionist history.
Basically.  You asked 30 out of 30 GM's who they would have took and every single one would have said Oden.
This is absolutely not true. There was at least one or two. For starters, the Sonics definitely weren't going to draft him because it would have been their 4th center drafted in a row.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Revisionist history.
Basically.  You asked 30 out of 30 GM's who they would have took and every single one would have said Oden.
This is absolutely not true. There was at least one or two. For starters, the Sonics definitely weren't going to draft him because it would have been their 4th center drafted in a row.

It was pretty much a consensus that Oden was the #1 pick it wasn't a dumb pick at all at the time...He showed no knee injuries and dominated with one hand at OSU leading a team to the NCAA Finals. Dominant center's especially now are once in a generation, it was not a bad move at the time. Injuries are the one thing you can't really predict.

I'd like to see him try to come back but dude should just retire. He has enough money and is a smart kid, go back to college and finish up your degree.

He surely outplayed horford and Noah, but he was not dominant. Like said, he was okafor 2.0 from the jump. I didn't believe in him when he was outplayed by Roy hibbert, a decent player at the time.They were calling him Patrick Ewing and he was showing zero signs of having that ability. I was reading about his draft workouts and they were hyping him up saying he was the most athletic center in years. NTer please

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by dland24

I cant believe there are so many people who are arguing that it wasnt a stupid pick at the time.

Was a stupid pick at the time, looks even worse now. Terrible.

It was stupid at the time for multiple reasons.  Period.

So that's three posts and you have yet to explain your reasoning. Brilliant.
Was just about to say the exact same thing
laugh.gif

No one expected him to be this injury-prone. It was a good pick at the time, a dominant 7-footer big man helps much more than a dominant scorer-type player, if both are equally good. Great big men win championships...just look at the teams that have won them and you can see that. It was not a stupid pick, they could not have predicted he would be this injury-prone.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I cant believe there are so many people who are arguing that it wasnt a stupid pick at the time.

Was a stupid pick at the time, looks even worse now. Terrible.

It was stupid at the time for multiple reasons.  Period.

So that's three posts and you have yet to explain your reasoning. Brilliant.
Was just about to say the exact same thing
laugh.gif

It was pretty much a consensus that Oden was the #1 pick it wasn't a dumb pick at all at the time...He showed no knee injuries and dominated with one hand at OSU leading a team to the NCAA Finals. Dominant center's especially now are once in a generation, it was not a bad move at the time. Injuries are the one thing you can't really predict.

I'd like to see him try to come back but dude should just retire. He has enough money and is a smart kid, go back to college and finish up your degree.

He surely outplayed horford and Noah, but he was not dominant. Like said, he was okafor 2.0 from the jump. I didn't believe in him when he was outplayed by Roy hibbert, a decent player at the time.They were calling him Patrick Ewing and he was showing zero signs of having that ability. I was reading about his draft workouts and they were hyping him up saying he was the most athletic center in years. NTer please

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by PMatic

"did his thizzle" C'mon man.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

But yeah, I don't blame Portland for taking Oden. He dominated at Ohio St. defensively and destroyed Horford + Noah in the championship game.

d8e355ac4b5f6b88d22818ce6ac7671f98fc41b.gif

He did dominate at his position. What game were u watchn??? Portland took a shot at gettin a big man with tons of potential. They didn't know this guy was gna be Mr. Glass. Youngsters I tell ya. Smh

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by PMatic

"did his thizzle" C'mon man.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

But yeah, I don't blame Portland for taking Oden. He dominated at Ohio St. defensively and destroyed Horford + Noah in the championship game.

d8e355ac4b5f6b88d22818ce6ac7671f98fc41b.gif

He did dominate at his position. What game were u watchn??? Portland took a shot at gettin a big man with tons of potential. They didn't know this guy was gna be Mr. Glass. Youngsters I tell ya. Smh

laugh.gif
@ Oden being dominant at Ohio State.

The one year he played there he missed a bunch of games to injury too. MIke Conley carried that team. He was maybe the 3rd best player on that Ohio State team.

laugh.gif
@ Oden being dominant at Ohio State.

The one year he played there he missed a bunch of games to injury too. MIke Conley carried that team. He was maybe the 3rd best player on that Ohio State team.

Back
Top Bottom