FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

No one likes washing dishes. Just like how no one likes doing laundry. It's a necessary chore.
But for me, I don't mind doing dishes. I grew up doing it, so it's nothing. I take my time, so 20 min in front of the sink vs. 20 min playing with the babies? I'd rather spend the time with the kids.

What I'm saying is why would anyone choose hand washing over a dish washer.

It was literally built to save time.

Why did it take you so long to embrace the sounds of gushing water jets?

Store skillets/frying pans in the oven. Pots go in the cabinet. Round metal trays in the toaster oven, the top element doesn't get hot anymore so only used occasionally. Using air fryer so not in a rush to buy a new one.
Frequently used dishwares go in the dishwasher. Faster to wash dishes by hand and not enough dirty dishes to warrant using the dishwasher. I like washing my clothes by hand and hang drying them. Except bedding stuff and heavy clothes. Basically saving water and electricity as much as possible :lol:

What I'm saying is why would anyone choose hand washing over a dish washer.

It was literally built to save time.

Why did it take you so long to embrace the sounds of gushing water jets?
I guess growing up, I didn’t know. The dishwasher was never an option.
But as I grow older, I’ve came to appreciate this time saving appliance.

. . . And that soothing, water, washing sound is a nice feature.
:rofl:

Store skillets/frying pans in the oven. Pots go in the cabinet. Round metal trays in the toaster oven, the top element doesn't get hot anymore so only used occasionally. Using air fryer so not in a rush to buy a new one.
Frequently used dishwares go in the dishwasher. Faster to wash dishes by hand and not enough dirty dishes to warrant using the dishwasher. I like washing my clothes by hand and hang drying them. Except bedding stuff and heavy clothes. Basically saving water and electricity as much as possible :lol:
Keep going, don’t let them get to you. If the vaccine turns everyone into zombies I want you on my team

First time having “squash spaghettis”. Thought I would hate it, but actually enjoyed.
I sub pasta with zucchini noodles every now and then. They don’t have a distinct taste and absorb the flavors of the sauce. Only downside is it gets kinda watery. Salting and letting them sit on paper towels helps extract the water a bit. And adds some flavor. You can sauté the noodles for a min for less crunch or just eat it raw with the sauce warmed up.

Watch your water bills when you use dishwashers :lol:. It'll add up with the laundry water, shower, etc.

First time having “squash spaghettis”. Thought I would hate it, but actually enjoyed.
920BDD13-4AE3-4789-B310-647266ED5829.jpeg
Yeah my girlfriend put me on and I'm a fan. I make mine with a sundried tomato pesto, caramelized onions, and crumbled hot Italian sausage. **** slaps with a little drizzle of balsamic over it.

Yeah my girlfriend put me on and I'm a fan. I make mine with a sundried tomato pesto, caramelized onions, and crumbled hot Italian sausage. **** slaps with a little drizzle of balsamic over it.
Sounds good. Pasta has always been such a staple in my life and I was very hesitant to try some sort of alternative. Glad I did though.

Only if your washer or washer fluid is trash. Jet dry is magic bdw. I started using it recently and my dishes are much cleaner.

are you running the dishwasher every day?

or letting dirty crusty plates sit in the dishwasher several days before running it?

are you running the dishwasher every day?

or letting dirty crusty plates sit in the dishwasher several days before running it?

I run it daily for the most part or maybe an average of 5 times a week. I am a little OCD about unclean/cluttered kitchens. I rarely leave anything in the sink for more than a few hours. I usually load the dishes right before bed, start it in the morning just in case I forgot anything or had a late night snack/breakfast, then unload after work.

The ideal breakfast.

Seasoning aint right though. Neither is the searing.

Nothing about this looked appetizing but I'm not a steak person unless its some extra tender super expensive stuff from a 5 star restaurant. And I definitely don't think it goes well with eggs. And crossaint and bagels>>>English muffins. Ez pass.

Are potatoes really bad for you?

It would help if I can incorporate them into my diet.

Such a versatile food

Back
Top Bottom