FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Cheat meal.
20201202_210037.jpg

People put pots and pans in the dishwasher? Do they actually run the machine with them in there?

I come in ignorance, cuz pots and pans get hand washed and put back into the oven over here.
After washing, after they dry, its left in there. No space in the cupboards.

i rinse dishes to get the food off and load the dishwasher throughout the week. run it on the weekend. i live alone though, so not a ton of dishes piling up or anything. especially since i meal prep for the week.

i do handwash certain pots/pans/items, though. my knives need to be wash and dried immediately. need to keep em sharp

I ******* hate doing the dishes. I'd rather mow the grass then wash some damn dishes.

Brining a turkey that I will smoke tomorrow. One Benefit of living here is I can just let it stay outside overnight during THIS time of the year.

Will probably jerk it. ( # )

Last edited:
Brining is key! 🔥

Growing up, we hand washed everything. Dishwasher was for storage. Bought our 1st house, still... the dishwasher was for storage.
Moved into our current house, and the dishwasher was back to storage.
But 2 months ago my sis told me an idea.
Every dinner, just stack the dishwasher. Once it’s full, run it.
The time spent washing dishes, could be spent with the kids/fam.
I thought,”That’s a good idea!”
Been doing that since.

Brining is key! 🔥

Growing up, we hand washed everything. Dishwasher was for storage. Bought our 1st house, still... the dishwasher was for storage.
Moved into our current house, and the dishwasher was back to storage.
But 2 months ago my sis told me an idea.
Every dinner, just stack the dishwasher. Once it’s full, run it.
The time spent washing dishes, could be spent with the kids/fam.
I thought,”That’s a good idea!”
Been doing that since.

You still should do a superficial wash BEFORE dishwashing things, right? 🤔

Brining a turkey that I will smoke tomorrow. One Benefit of living here is I can just let it stay outside overnight during THIS time of the year.

Will probably jerk it. ( # )

normally what i do for thanksgiving but the last two years it's been too warm

had to remove half the contents and shelves in my fridge this year to fit the brining turkey

normally what i do for thanksgiving but the last two years it's been too warm

had to remove half the contents and shelves in my fridge this year to fit the brining turkey

Yea, no way I can fit it anywhere in my fridge. You are right, it was too warm the night before TG.

Just getting more practice with smoking the turkey since EYE didn't cook one this year.

Who likes washing dishes!?!?
No one likes washing dishes. Just like how no one likes doing laundry. It's a necessary chore.
But for me, I don't mind doing dishes. I grew up doing it, so it's nothing. I take my time, so 20 min in front of the sink vs. 20 min playing with the babies? I'd rather spend the time with the kids.

Back
Top Bottom