FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Haven’t been to a Cracker Barrel in like 20 years when our family used to drive down to Florida for vacation. Only things I really remember are the rocking chairs out front, the peg game :pimp: , and those candy sticks you could buy in the store.

So funny story for yall my mom was over a couple days before thanksgiving to help me out around the house. One day i am at work and she calls me and asks me where my one of my frying pans was. I told her where all my pots and pans were and she goes oh you don't keep it in the oven?! and she was truly perplexed when i told her no the oven is not storage it is for baking. So let me ask you guys this does anyone else keep stuff in their ovens? Is it a cultural thing cause now that I'm thinking all my older Hispanic family members do this **** and it drives me insane. One time i was prepping something at my dads and i turned on his oven to preheat something and **** started smelling like burnt and i realized i never checked the damn over to see if there was anything in it LOL
My parents keep all the baking pans and trays in the oven but for some reason they also keep the stove splatter screen in there and I've burned a few plastic handles off before by forgetting to take stuff out before I preheat.

So funny story for yall my mom was over a couple days before thanksgiving to help me out around the house. One day i am at work and she calls me and asks me where my one of my frying pans was. I told her where all my pots and pans were and she goes oh you don't keep it in the oven?! and she was truly perplexed when i told her no the oven is not storage it is for baking. So let me ask you guys this does anyone else keep stuff in their ovens? Is it a cultural thing cause now that I'm thinking all my older Hispanic family members do this **** and it drives me insane. One time i was prepping something at my dads and i turned on his oven to preheat something and **** started smelling like burnt and i realized i never checked the damn over to see if there was anything in it LOL
Yea same here. No space on the rack. And its a headache when you gotta use the oven for baking, all those things are taken out, then put back. Dishwasher is filled with other pots and pans and dishes.

BB8C77E2-2054-4DC0-9C13-9310240587D6.jpeg

put up these peg boards when I moved into my current apt

additional storage on what would've otherwise been an empty wall

Dishwasher is filled with other pots and pans and dishes.

People put pots and pans in the dishwasher? Do they actually run the machine with them in there?

I come in ignorance, cuz pots and pans get hand washed and put back into the oven over here.

People put pots and pans in the dishwasher? Do they actually run the machine with them in there?

I come in ignorance, cuz pots and pans get hand washed and put back into the oven over here.
I've always hand washed. Just figured they take up too much space :lol:

I keep cookie sheets and other baking pans in the oven. We have a double oven and I’ve rarely had occasion to use both at once. So the lower one is mainly for storage.
Have one as well and we really only use the bottom one once a year for Thanksgiving. Think I might start putting my more frequently used stuff in there instead of the big stacks I currently have everything in in a different cabinet.

Space is reason #1 why they'd never be in there in the first place.

But wouldn't running the machine ruin the pans?
Probably depends on what it's made out of, but I personally wouldn't put anything steel in there other than normal cutlery. No nice knives or anything like that.

But wouldn't running the machine ruin the pans?
Yes, I wouldn’t recommend it.
I’ve seen it first hand at work. We have a full kitchen, and some of the lazy mfrs here just throw everything in the dishwasher. Those high pressure jets + detergents tear up the Teflon. And remove any “seasoning/coat” on stainless or even cast iron. . . :rofl:

Growing up I had to handwash pots and pans and continued to do so until a year ago. Whenever I use multiple pots and pans I just throw them in the dishwasher. Plus it uses less water than handwashing.

And I do not use my oven for storage and never heard of that practice until now.

When my mom bought a new house with a dishwasher she never used it once
It's more of a dish storage lol
And she stores everything inside the oven

Back
Top Bottom