FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Do folks do the GrubHub, Uber Eats thing?
Always try to go directly through the restaurant, but if they don’t deliver and picking up is too inconvenient for whatever reason, I use those services. Never had any issues whatsoever.

Last edited:
I just go pick it up.
You can do that thru the app, plus the discounts youre winning. I do that all the time when im with shorty and we order. I was getting discounts from the "tier" i was in from doing deliveries. Part of their "rewards" (discount on csr maintenance, tax softwares, food etc)

Sometimes shed ride with me and wed place an order after, pick up and go home.

Do folks do the GrubHub, Uber Eats thing?
No. Not even the Hello Fresh type services.

I used Popeye's app for the first time and it was nice to walk in and they already had the food packed. I placed the order in the parking lot :lol:

You can do that thru the app, plus the discounts youre winning. I do that all the time when im with shorty and we order. I was getting discounts from the "tier" i was in from doing deliveries. Part of their "rewards" (discount on csr maintenance, tax softwares, food etc)

Sometimes shed ride with me and wed place an order after, pick up and go home.

I didn’t know you could place orders through it app and pick up up.

I usually just go in and order and wait. I don’t have anything better to do :lol:

Did a pot of classic southern style collard greens. Should have taken a pic before digging in then the juice to greens ratio would be better looking
20201202_203226.jpg

It's filling, with an average size potato being only 100 calories, good source of carbs. If you want real, sustainable weight loss you want more filling foods like greens, beans, potatoes grains etc. If anything, if possible, skip the meat, salt, oil and definitely sugar. Don't want to turn this into a preachy thing though.

But him skipping potatoes if he wants to do an extreme cut helps more than it hurts.

That is all I am saying.

He loses nothing by not eating white potatoes.

It's filling, with an average size potato being only 100 calories, good source of carbs. If you want real, sustainable weight loss you want more filling foods like greens, beans, potatoes grains etc. If anything, if possible, skip the meat, salt, oil and definitely sugar. Don't want to turn this into a preachy thing though.

i guess this is where the "baked potato" comes in handy

But him skipping potatoes if he wants to do an extreme cut helps more than it hurts.

That is all I am saying.

He loses nothing by not eating white potatoes.
I hear you, but he would have to fill that gap with more veggies and fruit which can get old, just adds some diversity. Hunger is your enemy during this journey, so you want low calorie dense boots that fill your stomach better and make you satiated with less calories.
Stomach-Graphic-copy-1024x337.png

I hear you, but he would have to fill that gap with more veggies and fruit which can get old, just adds some diversity. Hunger is your enemy during this journey, so you want low calorie dense boots that fill your stomach better and make you satiated with less calories.
Stomach-Graphic-copy-1024x337.png

Ye I would opt for sweet potato vs. White potato.

More fibre. More calories.

But I got you.

Back
Top Bottom