Feb 6 - School apologizes for black history lunch menu vol. Annual Black History Month Faux Pas

dont forget that sometimes a fruit is required as part of the complete lunch meal.

of course people dont eat watermelon with fried chicken. the same way people dont eat apples with their hamburgers. but thats a common lunch combination in grade schools.

lol NT. where ppl claim twerking as part of black culture, but reject fried chicken and cornbread. what is that i dont even

Wouldn't it be more racist to think this was racist??
why did meth not ban you 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Don't get it , black people claim to love fried chicken and cornbread but get mad when they served it at a school? What am I missing?

I mean are both delicious options if made right would not be mad if someone associated me with those foods, I've heard many black people say fried chicken is their thing, but then get mad when someone tries to serve it to them... Sensitivity levels high

Last edited:
So I guess if a school were to serve bangers and mash, or baked potatoes on St. Patty's Day they'd be low key trying to offend Irish people? YOU ARE REACHING!

Actually yeah they would. Maybe not the bangers and mash but just some straight up baked potatoes on top of the mockery that we make of St. Patricks day in the US. My wife was born and raised in Ireland and she never celebrates St. Patricks day here in the US. She says the hats, beads, and all day drunkeness is actually racist and offensive. Her comparison: "Imagine a restaurant or something saying they were serving fried chicken and watermelon in honor of black history month..." Took a while to convince her that it actually happens.

Put this meal out any other month of the year and cats are throwing Moms homemade brown bag lunch in the trash in favor of copping school lunch. Probably the best meal that school will serve all year, and they won't ever serve it again cause of some sensitive backlash :smh:

Now you're the one reaching. It's not about serving it, it's about taking a stereotype and serving it in "honor" of black history month. I think you're well aware of that though and you're just bored and trolling.

Actually yeah they would. Maybe not the bangers and mash but just some straight up baked potatoes on top of the mockery that we make of St. Patricks day in the US. My wife was born and raised in Ireland and she never celebrates St. Patricks day here in the US. She says the hats, beads, and all day drunkeness is actually racist and offensive. Her comparison: "Imagine a restaurant or something saying they were serving fried chicken and watermelon in honor of black history month..." Took a while to convince her that it actually happens.

Your wife is too sensitive. Us "Irish Americans" love celebrating our Irish heritage. It's a great day to kick back with friends and family and enjoy some good laughs. Nothing more nothing less. Celebrations are positive, and those that partake do not celebrate to offend, but celebrate to embrace.

Your wife is too sensitive. Us "Irish Americans" love celebrating our Irish heritage. It's a great day to kick back with friends and family and enjoy some good laughs. Nothing more nothing less. Celebrations are positive, and those that partake do not celebrate to offend, but celebrate to embrace.
this. if you want to be picky, any culture could get offended by the american mockery of their countries foods

Now you're the one reaching. It's not about serving it, it's about taking a stereotype and serving it in "honor" of black history month. I think you're well aware of that though and you're just bored and trolling.

What's wrong with certain stereotypes? Why are stereotypes considered bad? Cultures are not all the same! Thank god! Can you imagine how boring we would be with no culture?!? Why can't we embrace certain stereotypes?

What's wrong with certain stereotypes? Why are stereotypes considered bad? Cultures are not all the same! Thank god! Can you imagine how boring we would be with no culture?!? Why can't we embrace certain stereotypes?
fried chicken and watermelon isnt black culture though, its american culture (and watermelon is every culture) 

Back
Top Bottom